View Poll Results: What total war whould you like to be next one?

Voters
975. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ancient Greece Total War

54 5.54%
  • Ancient China Total War (+- 300 B.C.)

61 6.26%
  • Rome II Total War

474 48.62%
  • Victorian Age Total War

81 8.31%
  • Africa Total War (colonisation period)

5 0.51%
  • World War I Total War

42 4.31%
  • World War II Total War

19 1.95%
  • Modern Total War(fare)

5 0.51%
  • Future Total War

5 0.51%
  • Fantasy Total War

22 2.26%
  • Shogun III Total War

3 0.31%
  • Prehistoric Total War

7 0.72%
  • Early American Total War (Inca, Mayan, Aztec, etc.)

6 0.62%
  • Medieval III Total War

60 6.15%
  • Ancient Egypt Total War

7 0.72%
  • Renaissance Total War

55 5.64%
  • US Civil War...Total War

19 1.95%
  • Empire 2 Total War

29 2.97%
  • Other (Post In Thread)

21 2.15%
Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 530454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1501

Thread: Next Total War Game Discussion

Default Re: Next Total War Game Discussion

NormandyMaster posted a link to an excellent article. Basically what was said by Creative Assembly was

"I think it'll be a long time until we do anything with a three in it."

This basically cancels out Medieval 3 and Shogun 3.

Just made new topic on my perspective, it has a bit changed!

Still. Logic as numbers:

-ROME, that's the 2nd title we miss from the previous generations!

LOGIC as, in terms of engine and strategies.

I would say Victorian Total war, it is simple.

And this would overhaul:
    -(crimean war) perhaps
    -US civil war
    -British African/Afghan/Indian wars
    -Franco-Prussian War
    -RUssian downfall, or any other countries due to radical governmental ideas.
    -Rise of Italy
    -Rise of Germany
    ----------------
    Expansion, vielleicht WW1 TW. We'll see!

Greets
    He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts...for support rather than illumination.

Quote Originally Posted by Poniatowski1991 View Post
    Just made new topic on my perspective, it has a bit changed!

Still. Logic as numbers:

-ROME, that's the 2nd title we miss from the previous generations!

LOGIC as, in terms of engine and strategies.

I would say Victorian Total war, it is simple.

And this would overhaul:
    -(crimean war) perhaps
    -US civil war
    -British African/Afghan/Indian wars
    -Franco-Prussian War
    -RUssian downfall, or any other countries due to radical governmental ideas.
    -Rise of Italy
    -Rise of Germany
    ----------------
    Expansion, vielleicht WW1 TW. We'll see!

Greets

Boring. I would definitely not buy the next TW game if it was something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xX_iCeD_Xx View Post
    Boring. I would definitely not buy the next TW game if it was something like this.
    I thought the same thing when shogun 2 was announced, who cares about Japanese history, but then I read up on it and got interested and ending up having fun. I think the more important thing here is that a game set in the 19th century has the potential to be the first total war game to feature a full world map and that should be exciting enough.

Quote Originally Posted by andyg12 View Post
    I thought the same thing when shogun 2 was announced, who cares about Japanese history, but then I read up on it and got interested and ending up having fun. I think the more important thing here is that a game set in the 19th century has the potential to be the first total war game to feature a full world map and that should be exciting enough.
    Japan's history has ALWAYS been fascinating for everyone, why would everyone known the Katana/Samurai Sword? Why have they made Hollywood movies of Japan's Samurais? And it was an honor to make a sequel to CA's "first" TW. To be honest, Shogun 1's graphics and gameplay was outdated.

Look, First we got ETW then we got NTW, now we have FoTS and now we're expecting 19th century. Dude, these games are "practically" the same and with mods, you could add anything you want, especially to ETW. The gameplay is identical, the history is identical. They need to introduce something new or not recent with their new engine, because quite frankly, if they keep on sticking to 1700-1800, TW will eventually start to burn out. And with ETW and its numerous hosted mods, options are practically endless for the player.

ha, I'm sure this is similar to the debate that's taking place a CA right now from the way the last article made it sound. I've obviously seen the last samurai hollywood version of history, And the real history is interesting but the scope just wasn't right. Turned out to be a good game for the most part, but would of been way better with china or other factions. To each their own though.

And you can't really do a lot with modding like you make it sound. Most of the mods just tweak the AI and add some new unit skins and flags. However if the LAST game they made on this engine happened to feature a full world map and eventually once they stopped milking us on money might get some of the data required to edit provinces and other key areas THEN you would have a template for some really awesome mods.

I would love if they explored earlier time periods, but I'd rather wait and have them build the new engine with a Rome 2 or classical game specifically in mind from the beginning and give it the treatment that it deserves (massive armies, better melee combat, all that).

Quote Originally Posted by andyg12 View Post
    ha, I'm sure this is similar to the debate that's taking place a CA right now from the way the last article made it sound
    From what I understand CA starting making the next game before Shogun 2 even came out so they made their decision a while ago. I just don't see how its not going to be Rome 2. People have been begging for it since Medieval 2 came out. Plus can you imagine Rome 2 with the graphics and gameplay improvements they have in Shogun 2.

And just can't wait to see all the Rome2/Victoria fanatics start committing ritual suicide when Victoria/Rome2 is released

Rome 2 or something before that. Bronze Age would be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Normandymaster View Post
    the silly Roman units (hastati princeps triarii being separated in different units).
    Prior to the Marian Reforms of 107 BCE, they were seperate units.

I'd take RTW II with real navy battles over anything else myself.

Japan's history has ALWAYS been fascinating for everyone, why would everyone known the Katana/Samurai Sword? Why have they made Hollywood movies of Japan's Samurais?
    Speak for yourself.

To this day, even with 100+ hours in Shogun II, I find Japanese History to be infinitely less interesting than British or German history.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Dax View Post
    Speak for yourself.

To this day, even with 100+ hours in Shogun II, I find Japanese History to be infinitely less interesting than British or German history.
    You're speaking about yourself. I gave two good examples on why Japan's history is seen as interesting. I'm sure i'm not the only one, lol. Your opinion on British or German history being more interesting is YOUR opinion and that's good, because I find 18th-19th century history interesting as well, but not in a video game when the last two + one expansion have been in that timeframe. Once again, I'm stating fact.

My wish is for Bronze Age.

I meant Late Broze Age.

You're speaking about yourself. I gave two good examples on why Japan's history is seen as interesting. I'm sure i'm not the only one, lol. Your opinion on British or German history being more interesting is YOUR opinion and that's good, because I find 18th-19th century history interesting as well, but not in a video game when the last two + one expansion have been in that timeframe. Once again, I'm stating fact.
    Japan's history has ALWAYS been fascinating for everyone
    Your "facts" are mere conjecture.

I would be satisfied with either Rome II, Medieval III or Renaissance: Total War. I've just finished watching The Tudors so I would like to get stuck into some of those Late-Medieval/Renaissance shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Dax View Post
    Your "facts" are mere conjecture.
    Not fascinating for everyone but for a whole lot of people, even the media is interested in it.

So, nobody else thinks that a Mongol Total War focusing on the near destruction of the Persian and Chinese empires at the hands of Ghenghis would be awesome?

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Hard to show the vast steppes in TW games because there really were not any cities. The tribes are nomadic.