View Poll Results: What total war whould you like to be next one?

Voters
975. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ancient Greece Total War

54 5.54%
  • Ancient China Total War (+- 300 B.C.)

61 6.26%
  • Rome II Total War

474 48.62%
  • Victorian Age Total War

81 8.31%
  • Africa Total War (colonisation period)

5 0.51%
  • World War I Total War

42 4.31%
  • World War II Total War

19 1.95%
  • Modern Total War(fare)

5 0.51%
  • Future Total War

5 0.51%
  • Fantasy Total War

22 2.26%
  • Shogun III Total War

3 0.31%
  • Prehistoric Total War

7 0.72%
  • Early American Total War (Inca, Mayan, Aztec, etc.)

6 0.62%
  • Medieval III Total War

60 6.15%
  • Ancient Egypt Total War

7 0.72%
  • Renaissance Total War

55 5.64%
  • US Civil War...Total War

19 1.95%
  • Empire 2 Total War

29 2.97%
  • Other (Post In Thread)

21 2.15%
Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051525354555657585974 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Total War Game Discussion

Justice and Mercy's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Next Total War Game Discussion

Last time I was here I recommended a TW that began around the beginning of Philip II of Macedon's reign, and would stretch from Spain/Southern Gaul into Persia.

But I've realized something, that time period is perfect for more than just the conquests of Alexander or the rise of Rome. India and China were in the middle of major conflict (this, for example, is during the Warring States Period) and Arabia (including southern Arabia) was quite developed as well. I know it's been said before, but I think an "Ancients: Total War" is in order. Macedon was about to start it's conquests of Greece and the Persian Empire, Rome was conquering Italy, fighting Gauls, and on it's way to fighting the Greeks (think Pyrrhus) and soon after Carthage. China (as mentioned before) was in one of it's eras of inner conflict, and India was split between a handful of powerful empires.

Yes, it would be very large. So what? Empire was a mess (though I still enjoyed it) because they were not only doing something expansive but were revamping their entire engine in the process.

Shogun II's engine would be perfect for this, with maybe a little tweaking.
    The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State. - James Madison

Default Re: Top 4 wishes for next tw games

1) Total War | China
    2) Total War | Rome II
    3) Total War | Tribal Africa
    4) Total War | Empire II

Since China & its' dynasties haven't been covered whatsoever yet, "Total War | China" would totally make sense.

Radiso-FIN's Avatar Campidoctor

Not in a specific order:

1) Rome 2
    2) Imperialism/Victorian era
    3) WW1
    4) Medieval 3

I don't care what they do, but a cool in-battle feature would be the utilization of boats (while near a navy): Amphibious assaults, loading troops onto boats in battle for quicker movement, boats used to bombard enemy(depending on what era they choose), etc., things like that

crazy dutchman's Avatar Foederatus

Renaiscance: Total War would be interesting, they could make all sorts of campagins including a grand campaign starting in 1492 which has some big events like the protestant reformation, the discovery of america and the rise of the Ottoman empire. A dutch revolt and english civil war campaign would also be interesting.

Would love an empire 2! it has to be my favorite of the series with bugs and all! never has a single player game held me down for so long
    I7 2.6 OC'd to 3.8 (thermal take ultra cooling)
    ATI 4870 X2
    6gig DDR3 1333mhz
    MFi Lan party mb
    OCZ 128 SSD main drive
    1 x 2tb hdd for design/programs
    1 x 750gig hdd for games/movies
    1 x external 750gig

vanian's Avatar Libertus

Would like to see an Empire 2 TW. this time done properly without the bugs and incorporate all the extra features used in N.TW and Shogun 2 TW. This time maybe include the timeline from 1700 to 1900 and involve a complete world map.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

I only have one, to everybody at CA to read my wall of doom and apply as many as they like/are capable.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Enarec's Avatar Senator

1) More focus on the Middle East (Mesopotamia, Egypt, Persia, Palestine, etc...). The cradle of civilization must have more attention! Thus Persia: TW, beginning in 550 BC, when Cyrus the Great rebelled against the Median Empire would please me a lot.
    2) If not for the Middle East, as TW set in Medieval Asia when the Mongol Conquests start would also be very interesting.
    3) Dark Ages: TW beginning from the fall of the Western Roman Empire would also be excellent.
    4) Or we could just go for Rome II, with Rome not overshadowing the other factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Enarec View Post
    1) More focus on the Middle East (Mesopotamia, Egypt, Persia, Palestine, etc...). The cradle of civilization must have more attention! Thus Persia: TW, beginning in 550 BC, when Cyrus the Great rebelled against the Median Empire would please me a lot.
    2) If not for the Middle East, as TW set in Medieval Asia when the Mongol Conquests start would also be very interesting.
    3) Dark Ages: TW beginning from the fall of the Western Roman Empire would also be excellent.
    4) Or we could just go for Rome II, with Rome not overshadowing the other factions.
    For the love of Zod, NO!

Never the Middle East.

1 - Rome II
    2 - Rome II
    3 - Rome II
    4 - Rome II

And it better damn well be fully mod-able.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    1 - Rome II
    2 - Rome II
    3 - Rome II
    4 - Rome II

And it better damn well be fully mod-able.
    To Hell with Rome II, as far as I'm concerned.

Regardless, the progress made in Fall of the Samurai, as well as CA's enthusiasm regarding the 19th century time-frame imply that Victoria is going to happen, and soon.
    Last edited by Colonel Dax; February 17, 2012 at 06:30 PM.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Oh Dear, My last purchase was Kingdoms.

If its more unmodable releases don,t bother.

If you have a road to Damascus conversion.

Then.

1. RTW2.
    2.ACW
    3.WW1
    4.M3TW.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

All I want to see is more modding tools.

Sevas Tra's Avatar Foederatus

Hmm, I'd probably say;

1. Rome 2, as long as it is done right. I don't doubt Creative Assembly's abilities in any way, but Rome is brilliant as it is, so a second game would have to be done just right, in my opinion.

2. A game based around the Persian Wars would be interesting.

3. US Civil War

4. World War 1

I know it's a top 4, but a game based around the Mongol Empire would also be great. List is in no particular order.

I really think the next TW will be Rome II .. but that would mean losing cannon fire, bombardments, trains etc .. .. i'm not happy about that! .. so, I'm changing my Sig from Rorarii to .. Reginald! (well maybe not offically) .. and I WANT WW1 TOTAL WAR!

Reg.

oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Rome II (with some kind of Caesar expansion, just like Napoleon was to ETW)
    Medieval III
    WW 1
    I'm not sure about the fourth, but it'd be cool to have only one city as the campaign map if you get what I mean. You control one guild or family and play for the total control of the city
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Semisalis

1. A BC Total war, perhaps Rome 2
    2. American civil war
    3. China warring states
    4. DLC that does not unbalance multiplayer. I have no hate toward DLC for single player or for graphics only, but ruining multiplayer and essentially forcing players to pay more money to stay competitive is wrong. It just shows CA is not serious about multiplayer. See Relic and DOW2 for How to introduce DLC that doesn't ruin the game.
    ~ Too soon old, too late smart ~

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by total relism View Post
    1] american civil war
    2] rome 2
    3] medevil 3
    4] lord of the rings
    1 most wanted 4 least
    1. American Civil War - won't happen. 2 sides, very similiar and any European has next to no care about it.

2. Rome 2 - I'd have to put this top of my list too, its what the majority of the crowd want, and could burst new life into TW games from players who have left the series and players who are joining. I came here because of Rome and I have no doubt others would because of Rome 2. The romans shaped all of Europe with their empire.

3. Medieval 3 - Can't say I want it that much yet. Medieval 2 still gets a lot of attention today and because of the moddability it would be strong competition with a new game as the graphics and animations make it seem a lot more advanced than rome.

4. Lord of the rings - Again, won't happen. CA will not go out there and pay money for the rights to LOTR.

Finaly there are my own views.

1. Rome 2 - An almost exact remake with more realism and factions, remove the families and add support similiar to Napo and ETW. This was the timeframe where a great leader was required and thats what it should be about. Your faction should suffer should your leader be weak. Assassinate your own family members to stop them from becoming too powerful and challenging your leader or join them in over-throwing the empire you try to build. Once a rebellion starts, no matter the side you choose you get taken to a page where you see which factions will support you, your ally, abstaine the conflict or perhaps attack you both. Feeling threatened by the rebellion of Sicily, declare their independance for them, if they accept they become their own nation of Sicily, the same for other great cities who's councils strive for power.

2. Modern Conflicts - Not so much ww1/2, but maybe starting at the beginning of the american civil war and ending in 2020. Technology would be the base of this game, can you defeat that nation even though they have just recently discovered tank warfare? Realm divide... I think you mean the beginning of a grand war. Imagine the possibilities. An event popping up stating that two major alliances have reached a new low and war could be inniment. Come to the 1960's your impressive nation so large and strong feels the wrath of World Divide. Majority of the major nations in jealousy attack you as you prep for global domination. Reached very far in that long line of warfare and science technology and have the power of the atom at your fingertips. Threatening nations with nuclear war unless they bow to your demands only 20 years later and they develop the neutron jammer tower which has the capability to disrupt the nuclear abilities of missiles inbound.

3. Victoria Total War - This was the timeframe where superpowers was rising to unimaginable heights. Conflict in this age had the capacity to match something of the world war scale and I'd like to recreate that.

4. Empire 2 Total War - Relive the marmite game of Empire Total War with an expanded timeframe, so you can be the first to properly start colonizing Las Americas.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!