View Poll Results: What total war whould you like to be next one?

Voters
975. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ancient Greece Total War

54 5.54%
  • Ancient China Total War (+- 300 B.C.)

61 6.26%
  • Rome II Total War

474 48.62%
  • Victorian Age Total War

81 8.31%
  • Africa Total War (colonisation period)

5 0.51%
  • World War I Total War

42 4.31%
  • World War II Total War

19 1.95%
  • Modern Total War(fare)

5 0.51%
  • Future Total War

5 0.51%
  • Fantasy Total War

22 2.26%
  • Shogun III Total War

3 0.31%
  • Prehistoric Total War

7 0.72%
  • Early American Total War (Inca, Mayan, Aztec, etc.)

6 0.62%
  • Medieval III Total War

60 6.15%
  • Ancient Egypt Total War

7 0.72%
  • Renaissance Total War

55 5.64%
  • US Civil War...Total War

19 1.95%
  • Empire 2 Total War

29 2.97%
  • Other (Post In Thread)

21 2.15%
Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Total War Game Discussion

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Complete list of "possible" next TW (error:rome3=rome2,oblivion:victoria=>UScivil war,greeks=>rome2,Middle East war=>Medieval3)

I saw a thread on the TW website that they were going full fledged fantasy, something about making one based on the bible.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Default Re: Complete list of "possible" next TW (error:rome3=rome2,oblivion:victoria=>UScivil war,greeks=>rome2,Middle East war=>Medieval3)

Asia please! Tired of European struggles!
    -Voice of the Celtic warriors in EB 1 and writer of the original tutorial on sound and music editing for RTW.

I vote for Rome 2, i hope it will be it. I'm sure that fantasy climat would kill this game, we players are mostly realists, that's not 'lord of the rings' game.

Default assuming CA is making a new Rome Total War, what would you suggest?

what would you suggest?
    i first suggestion more diversity between every faction, not the same faction with a different color i think thats what bothered me most about the old total war.
    my second suggestion is to make events like the division and civil wars of the Roman Empire or the Sassanid rise to power and their rivalry between the Eastern Roman Empire. all this could be in one campaign or as independent campaigns like Napoleon.
    my third suggestion would be, dear CA, no one is pointing a gun to your head demanding you make a small theater of war, i hope you would make map as large as EB or Roma Surrectum

well that was my 2cents.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: assuming CA is making a new Rome Total War, what would you suggest?

Diversity and LOTS of variety. WITHOUT having to buy loads of DLC (which, thankfully, for now, Shogun II has avoided). Also, don't limit the factions much if at all. Leave them all open to play no matter how minor. If they make Rome, I don't want to play as just Rome or Carthage or the Gaul, I wan't to be able to play as much more than just mainstream factions deemed important enough to be playable.

That, plus as always an improved AI, would be nice.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

true, i wish i could remake Persia using the Pathians or Sassanids, i mean these guys were like the only know Empire to fight Rome toe to toe and if CA continues to make Pajama Spearmen and generic kataphracs or dare to make them unplayable*gasp* then i would rage and rock back'n forth in a fetal position while screaming this

sdjenkyn's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Date Harumune View Post
    Diversity and LOTS of variety. WITHOUT having to buy loads of DLC (which, thankfully, for now, Shogun II has avoided). Also, don't limit the factions much if at all. Leave them all open to play no matter how minor. If they make Rome, I don't want to play as just Rome or Carthage or the Gaul, I wan't to be able to play as much more than just mainstream factions deemed important enough to be playable.

That, plus as always an improved AI, would be nice.
    ^THIS^.....and A HUGE MAP.....And the continuation of navel combat plus everything they did right with STW2...agents,ect.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Also I'd like to add, a return to the old way of managing cities. None of this easy "2-5 buildings per city" stuff and especially not this crap where cities can't grow bigger to accomidate more buildings. I honestly liked it better with the old Rome style of building up cities than the Empire style.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

im kind of sceptically on returning the old building system it certainly made the game less linear in empire with them around but can they be improved? definitly.
    also i hope they dont force us to play siege battles in actual cities unless we turn it on. i find it much more interesting to play in forts(there should be a dozen in variety)

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I suggest that BAI coders actually read a few books on military strategy and tactical warfare and code it into the BAI so it can try most. if not all of the tricks of actual ancient war.

There`s more to it than just standing on a hill or just archering in a siege while men crawl up walls.

Oh and don`t give us Romans or Gauls\Brits etc climbing the walls with their bare hands.

Actually, i don`t think about future Total Wars any more, I just ignore it until it`s released. I don`t think CA listens to any suggestions unless it directly suits them to.

Foederatus

Why is this in the shogun 2 forum? Please move it I hate roman games anyway.....k bye

In order for Total War Rome 2 to work they need to get a new engine as this one is not very good. Yes I love Shogun 2 and think it is a good game but it is not excellent. Seriously go back and play Medieval 2 Total War and see how many features are not included. Plus sieges are not epic and they are not as fun. If they don't drop this engine I may consider not buying the next Total War.

Bring back the good old days where reinforcing armies made sense. The cities felt like cities instead of like towns. I mean Paris only has like 2 dozen buildings! Bring back the epic sieges where you have multiple siege equipment. Nothing feels as good marching your army up to an enemy fortress with your siege towers and scaling those walls. Slow down the battle speeds as I like to watch the combat from time to time. Bring back the old city building style as I hate that my capital can't have everything and it makes it feel like it isn't special and unique. With a new engine make modding simple again. With Rome 2 make it as diverse as it was with the original but also keep it historical. Also allow the player to unlock even the minor factions. I loved playing as the little guy and becoming an empire.

Bring the game back to like Rome Total War for battles. If my army was on a hill with a forest to my left and a ocean to my right it would be like that on the battle map. That stopped since M2TW. You did a better job with Shogun 2 but it still isn't as good as RTW. Also when you upgraded armor in M2TW it changed the appearance of your troops in battle please bring that back. Lastly make the game longer as I don't like how Shogun 2 is so short.

All I want for Rome 2 is to bring back the features you had in M2TW, keep the good in TWS2, new engine, and some more love into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    Artists aren't coders

Quote Originally Posted by Motoko View Post
    Why is this in the shogun 2 forum? Please move it I hate roman games anyway.....k bye
    Then don't read it. You my friend are in the minority. Obvious troll
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    Artists aren't coders

Few bugs + great AI + happy Bangell. That's all I want, CA.

magman's Avatar Tiro

I would like to have a family dynamic within rome, with interior politics in a way more...accurate than the original rome i.e. overall faction owns territory, but gaining territory gives you "Virtu" which gives you a bigger cut of the pie, more political sway etcetc.
    "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level sands stretch far away.

-Shelly

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

4,000 man Legions made up of 400 man cohorts plus cav alae.

Grouping buttons with accurate Roman tactics.

Dumb down the graphics if they have to to get the unit sizes happening.

Why are people talking about Rome in the Shogun forum? I wish Rome would go away personally. I'd much rather see Renaissance era total war, a Chinese Warring States era total war, a Mongol total war, or about two dozen other total wars than a pointless rehash of Rome. I'd even be more interested in an Aztec or Mayan total war.

XPM's Avatar Civis

A smarter BAI and CAI, more faction and unit diversity, support for mods, bigger unit sizes and a big campaign map will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by General Malaise View Post
    Why are people talking about Rome in the Shogun forum? I wish Rome would go away personally. I'd much rather see Renaissance era total war, a Chinese Warring States era total war, a Mongol total war, or about two dozen other total wars than a pointless rehash of Rome. I'd even be more interested in an Aztec or Mayan total war.
    because its newest installment of CA and because Rome and ancient warfare is much more interesting and diverse than a game about Mongols or Chinese civil war.

I'd like it so that it isn't easy to conquer the world. As it stands, in total war games the goal is basically "turn the map your color". I'd like to see it so that instead of just steamrolling every city to the north, south, east and west of Italy, you have to actually plan invasions of greece, Sicily, etc.

The romans did an amazing thing by conquering as much of europe and the middle east as they did, and it should be a true achievement to replicate that. One that only the most skilled commanders should be able to accomplish.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You just lost the game. But you also won the contest.