View Poll Results: What total war whould you like to be next one?

Voters
975. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ancient Greece Total War

54 5.54%
  • Ancient China Total War (+- 300 B.C.)

61 6.26%
  • Rome II Total War

474 48.62%
  • Victorian Age Total War

81 8.31%
  • Africa Total War (colonisation period)

5 0.51%
  • World War I Total War

42 4.31%
  • World War II Total War

19 1.95%
  • Modern Total War(fare)

5 0.51%
  • Future Total War

5 0.51%
  • Fantasy Total War

22 2.26%
  • Shogun III Total War

3 0.31%
  • Prehistoric Total War

7 0.72%
  • Early American Total War (Inca, Mayan, Aztec, etc.)

6 0.62%
  • Medieval III Total War

60 6.15%
  • Ancient Egypt Total War

7 0.72%
  • Renaissance Total War

55 5.64%
  • US Civil War...Total War

19 1.95%
  • Empire 2 Total War

29 2.97%
  • Other (Post In Thread)

21 2.15%
Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Total War Game Discussion

Default Re: Next Total War Game Discussion

It would be pretty sweet to see macro and micro controls at some point, similar to what the Supreme Commander games have.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    100K armies is not realistic at all for the roman time period. The battle of cannae had almost 90k romans and that was an absolutly HUGE army by their standards, according to wiki it included 8 full legions, which usually fought by themselves, and the only reason it was gathered was because Hannibal had been running around italy destroying smaller armies and then occupied some very crucial real estate that sent the romans into panic attacks. (slight exageration)

except that if you scale up the men alot more archers fire at alot more horses, meaning casualties would go up probably in proportion and you end up loosing the same % of men.
    Philippi had like 400 thousand men in total.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

and again, huge forces were only gathered in pressing and unusuall circumstances.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

I would love a new Total War game based on the Roman era -- in four or five years. The next should be based in China.

Am I the only one that voted for Shogun 3?

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Overwhelming support for R2TW, I guess this will be the way CA will take.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

There has been overwhelming support for Rome 2 since... Rome?

Vasa's Avatar Tiro

Yugoslav: Total War

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianB View Post
    There has been overwhelming support for Rome 2 since... Rome?
    Neh, it was mostly after MTW2 that people wanted a RTW2 with new graphics, but after ETW everyone was like "ROME 2 ROME 2 ROME 2!!"
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Quite honestly, Id be happy as a clam if either China or Rome II was next, as long as both are done
    Sweat Saves Blood
    -Erwin Rommel

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Moved to the General TW Discussion forum.

PM me with any questions.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by Vasa View Post
    Yugoslav: Total War
    "You are the general, and you face a terrible challenge - defeat the threat caused by old Albanian women! Exterminate them and thus save your country!"

Rome 2 TW won't have a great variety of units especially if they are as detailed as S2, you'll probably get - 1 cohort legionary (in a variety of equip and faces), 1 aux (ditto), 1 cav (ditto), 1 command general .. ok that's the Romans, now for Gauls - 1 wild gaulish warrior(ditto), 1 gaulish cav(d), 1 chariot team (Oh please yes, but prob no) .. one command general, now the germans (see gauls) .. now carthagians (see romans but with punic textures), 1 elephant .. and that's about your limit for time alloted. Hopefully we'll also get a unit designer / skinner tool that will allow modders to do all the other units required?? ... please ..

Actually i thought of a new great game idea - Bronze Age Dark Age expansion, where players start with a small group of units and a ship, and they sail off to start new cities. Yes a bit like CIV but have you seen the sales of CIV5 and how many play it! .. me included!

R
    Last edited by Rorarii; May 02, 2011 at 08:21 AM.
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

rome2 total war please! or a greece total war. because i want good discipline soldiers and i would like to see boat who break an other boat! . and with a new graphic motor because is the same until empire

I expect some complexity on next TW. Napoleon was great due to the rock paper scissors of infantry cavalry artillery. I am bored of archers and hoplites, charges and stuff. Airstrikes would be good....
    More economic gameplay would also be great. Raising a fleet to blockade or secure trade was a great addition...
    Last edited by Alex Suvorov; May 04, 2011 at 10:14 AM.

As long as it has even more modding capabilities then MTW2, then I'll probably buy it, but I'm just waiting for a really moddable one. Then, it could be any of those games.

Default Intriguing Idea for new Total War title

As has been evident recently, Creative Assembly has started to remake their previous titles, and all indications show that this trend will continue. However, I think that there remains a great deal of unexplored potential and ideas in the East. Russia Total War, would be focused on the territories of Russia, with their multitude of factions prior to and after the Mongolian invasion. Also, China and Mongolia could be included, making the game very rich in terms of Grand Campaign, unit variety and multiplayer. Most games focus on Western Europe but entirely neglect the rich culture and military history present in the East.

EDIT:
    Furthermore, I do not understand why people want a remake of a good game like Rome Total War. It will just feel like an expansion of the old game, as there cannot be anything significantly new added. Russia Total War on the other hand will be an entirely new game, especially if Creative Assembly focuses on only the factions within Russia, Mongolia and China, and the unique units present in each.
    Last edited by MercifulBoss; May 08, 2011 at 10:03 AM.

Merged here. Please read the sticky next time.
    Last edited by Bolkonsky; May 08, 2011 at 10:17 AM.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Voted other: a non-Steam TW.
    I don't care what will be the next, if it does still need Steam.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    100K armies is not realistic at all for the roman time period. The battle of cannae had almost 90k romans and that was an absolutly HUGE army by their standards, according to wiki it included 8 full legions, which usually fought by themselves, and the only reason it was gathered was because Hannibal had been running around italy destroying smaller armies and then occupied some very crucial real estate that sent the romans into panic attacks. (slight exageration)

except that if you scale up the men alot more archers fire at alot more horses, meaning casualties would go up probably in proportion and you end up loosing the same % of men.

Yea thats why I said 100k - exactly because of Cannae. But there is 0 reason why they cant pull this off in a year or two years time with a new engine. They just have to optimize it, like actually take advantage of modern hardware unlike shogun! That means a good dx11 engine for distance based LOD tesselation and mutlithread optimization for AI and path finding. (btw ivybridge at the end of this year will launch mid range 6 cores and high end 8 cores. By 2013 when the game is released we will be looking at a 6 core low end, 8+core mid and very likely 16core high end.