Thread: Give me back tracers when i use Toons or Darths mod!

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Icon11 Give me back tracers when i use Toons or Darths mod!

I love tracers,always have even when using Empire and NTW mods i missed it so much.I have been trying to ask toon how to restore tracers in his mod pack but they seem to be ignoring me ,Maybe they dont want me touching their packs/mods but there not comming out and saying this to me.I just am getting ignored.

Im not even sure if this is the right section to post this request.I am a complete noob and have not even used the packfile manager before.I downloaded the packfile manager and was also having troubles with netframework 4.0 not showing on my vista 64 bit even though its already installed.

However i did get packfilemanager working by clicking on the packfilemanager.exe.config.?but then could not open Toon_shogun2.pack.

All i want is to be able to use your great mods but restore tracers to vanilla in shogun and NTW/empire,can someone please send me in the right direction or help me as ive never modded before.....pwlease..

Thanks Lionheart

Jac_PS's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Give me back tracers when i use Toons or Darths mod!

I know, i like the tracers too. What i did for my personal use is to modify darthmod so the trails came back. I don't know if its permitted, but you can attach your Toon_shogun2.pack and i see what i can do, ok? Anyway here's my modified darthmod_shogun. Open it with 7z.
    Last edited by Jac_PS; April 26, 2011 at 07:19 PM.

Thankyou so much mate,I will post back to see if it works.

If anyone can teach me how to do this?I will want to do it to "All in one mod" also and "NTW" and Empire mods i have used.

Edit:cant upload it because its 256mb size(too big) sorry
    Last edited by Lionheart11; April 26, 2011 at 07:40 PM.

Seriously all these great modders here and no one can teach me or say its too hard?

Jac_PS's Avatar Civis

Well, i am not a native english speaker nor an experienced modder, so excuse me for some typos, ok?
    Here we go:
    First, to open a shogun pack file, i personally use PFM 1.6.5 located here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/newre...reply&t=447319.
    With this you can open empire and napoleon pack files as well.

What i did in darthmod_shogun: open with PFM, go to db/projectile_trail_tables/projectile_trails. In the right panel you'll see a table that we need to replace with the shogun original one. Now open another PFM ( It's best to let the two opened at the same time) and open the data.pack located in your shogun2 data directory. DO NOT MODIFY ANYTHING HERE. Go to the same location: db/projectile_trail_tables/projectile_trails. Here you can notice that the two tables, darth and vanilla are not the same, so we need to insert the vanilla table in the darth's table.

Right above the table in the VANILLA one, you'll see various buttons, click in export TSV and choose a location in any directory ( create a temp one in my documents ). If you look into that place wou'll see a file called projectile_trails.tsv; now go to the other PFM (the darth one) and in the same table db/projectile_trail_tables/projectile_trails click in import TSV. Choose the same location where you put the file you just exported projectile_trails.tsv and click ok, save your work and close both PFM's. Now, if you did correctly, open again darth's pack and see if the table has changed.

As for empire and Napoleon, the structure is a little different, but is minor. Open any pack you want to change the trails and go to db/projectile_tables/projectiles. Look for a column named Trail and another named Missile type. If a missile type is a cannon ball, the trail should be alpha, and if is a bullet, the trail should be alpha_bullet.

Included a DAM (Diverse artillery mod) modified with cannon trails back that i did for my personal use (This is for NTW ) that you can use as an example to start modding with PFM.

If someone notices an error or if i'm doing something wrong, please post here, as i said i'm not an experienced modder of some kind, i'm just explaining what i did for my personal use and only trying to help, ok?

wow Thankyou Jac_PS

You have been great help to me mate and im grateful

Cant you just delete the FX line in their mod also?

Jac_PS's Avatar Civis

Glad to help mate.
    You mean in the DAM_JAX.pack? I've never tried that, don't know if it'll work, maybe this projectiletrail.fx is needed for the tracers display correctly.
    Anyway, you can try it, but make sure you keep a copy of the original pack. Did you tested it with Napoleon?

I don't know if you noticed, but there are several other parameters you can change in the pack, i mean, you can increase the number of cannons, increase/decrease accuracy, etc..., PFM is a great tool!

Edit: I found another pack that i made to show the tracers from muskets that you can use with other mods that remove them. I have increased the range and angle of the muskets too so they look like darthmod_empire ( range for line infantry is 110, for light infantry is 120, etc ).
    You'll have to test to see if it works.
    Last edited by Jac_PS; April 29, 2011 at 03:27 AM.

For a Non english native speaker you sure made instructions nice and clear,thankyou

I have not tested on nepoleon yet as its uninstalled atm but it was pretty straight foreward with you well written instructions,the fine tuning can come later.

+Rep to you! thanks again

Jac_PS's Avatar Civis

Thanks mate. Lots of English courses here in the extreme south of Brazil, eheh. I discover something: whit this PFM 1.6.5 i could not open pack files relative to NTW or ETW, for this games you'll have to use the another one posted is the NTW mod workshop forum:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338259

I was looking in the PFM thread and at the moment theres some tables we can't change...yet, but i'm sure the guys that made the tools are working on it.