Page 244 of 288 FirstFirst ... 144 194 219 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 269 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 5747

Thread: The Happy Fun General Discussion Thread

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM
    Citizen

Default Re: TWC ARMA II General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    Spetsnaz ousting a dictator on Lingor?
    Yeah, **** it, I'll finish the 5th Sangin mission this week. Jin is working on an "emersive" Sangin mission for a few weeks down the road. I'll try to have something simplish for Lingor in 2 weeks.

It will require Lingor and Lingor Units since those are separate downloads.

Spetznaz, jungle, dictators. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Katsumoto's Avatar Citizen

Awesome. I'd recommend the Spetsnaz GRU units - there's a replacement pack for vanilla Spetsnaz so those without a unit-pack fetish like myself don't have to get it.

Citizen

Witt wants to play on Sunday at 2000 GMT. Any objections?

That is noon Pacific, 2pm Central, 3pm Eastern.

s.rwitt's Avatar Shamb Conspiracy Member

Yeah I can't get off work before 1 Central (19 GMT).

beckyolt's Avatar Equites

Couldn't play last time but will definetely be up that time on Sunday.
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman

Sure I'll be there.

Jay Walker's Avatar Kei kihei

2 PM my time? are you insane?

.Mitch.'s Avatar ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ █

Who the **** is busy at 2PM on a Sunday... Jay you better not turn up or I'm gonna hack you into a chicken and run you over with an Abrams just for your lack of dedication to this outfit.

motiv-8's Avatar Tribunus Laticlavius

Cha
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Citizen

Jay missed a session recently because he decided to have a nap at 10 am and woke that evening. Words..........I just don't have any for this.

wolfbane751's Avatar Princeps Posterior

hey, i just redownloaded arma 2 and feel interested in getting back into it, what are the mods i should be downloading besides ACE?

YuriVII's Avatar Pili Posterior

I am working on a few Apocalypse Now inspired missions for the week after next if anyone is interested. Will require Reshmann province (which is a map you should get anyways because it ****ing rocks) and I dont know if I should make the team Spetsnaz GRU, Russian Desert, use French units from Operation Frenchpoint, German Bundeswehr or American/British units. Maybe I will put it up to a poll. Trying to keep mod downloads to a minimum and Operation Frenchpoint is a big download (1 gig), but the modders did such an excellent job.

Jay Walker's Avatar Kei kihei

Quote Originally Posted by I WUB PUGS View Post
    Jay missed a session recently because he decided to have a nap at 10 am and woke that evening. Words..........I just don't have any for this.
    I took a picture of that nap

Quote Originally Posted by YuriVII View Post
    I am working on a few Apocalypse Now inspired missions for the week after next if anyone is interested. Will require Reshmann province (which is a map you should get anyways because it ****ing rocks) and I dont know if I should make the team Spetsnaz GRU, Russian Desert, use French units from Operation Frenchpoint, German Bundeswehr or American/British units. Maybe I will put it up to a poll. Trying to keep mod downloads to a minimum and Operation Frenchpoint is a big download (1 gig), but the modders did such an excellent job.

Use DAF. Dutch armed forces. Them I can play like myself!

Captain Jin's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by YuriVII View Post
    I don't really care about downloading stuff like unit packs or maps as long as the maps are good, get used by us, and the model packs are good. But I know other people may have issues, especially Danny given his super slow Scottish dial up internet connection. I took a look at Reshmann, looks pretty good. But I won't be around to play for about two weeks anyhow. I'd be down for Russian desert units or Spetsnaz if I replace the in-game Spetsnaz which I think look pretty average. There's a good OMON replacement for Spetsnaz units and also a good Vimpel unit that replaces the MVD troops in game. Might use that if other people don't want to download an actual unit pack since those just replace what's in game and I can use client side.

I mean seriously, looking cool is like half the idea here.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbane751 View Post
    hey, i just redownloaded arma 2 and feel interested in getting back into it, what are the mods i should be downloading besides ACE?
    @Sangin (with submods) and @bink_usmc

May as well grab Lingor and Lingor units along with Reshman and whatever else people are posting.

YuriVII's Avatar Pili Posterior

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    I don't really care about downloading stuff like unit packs or maps as long as the maps are good, get used by us, and the model packs are good. But I know other people may have issues, especially Danny given his super slow Scottish dial up internet connection. I took a look at Reshmann, looks pretty good. But I won't be around to play for about two weeks anyhow. I'd be down for Russian desert units or Spetsnaz if I replace the in-game Spetsnaz which I think look pretty average. There's a good OMON replacement for Spetsnaz units and also a good Vimpel unit that replaces the MVD troops in game. Might use that if other people don't want to download an actual unit pack since those just replace what's in game and I can use client side.

I mean seriously, looking cool is like half the idea here.
    Reshmann is a great map. Its not as graphically pleasing as Sangin or Kunar but it has a wide variety of terrains....mountains, farms, desert, and the kicker for me is that is has a deep and navigable river. I have a single player campaign that I have been working on and off for six months or so that is based on the map. But for my mp mission I think I am gonna use Operation Frenchpoint since those Frenchies true to their stereotype are quite lé cool. I am gonna use some more non-vanilla US/UK, non-Russian stuff to increase diversity of weapons and scenarios.

Katsumoto's Avatar Citizen

I'm not sure people will be willing to download a gig's worth of content just to play as Frenchies.

thankfully I have those so that won't be a week downloading lol

Citizen

To be fair downloading an entire map and an entire unit pack (not just skins) is a bit much for one mission....

I don't mind but based on our experiences the more stuff you add, the less people you get. As a word of caution, there is nothing worse than spending hours and hours creating something and then seeing people struggle for hours trying to be able to play and then not bothering with it.

I mean honestly, these last few weekends, the missions I was tooling around with were originally made with 5 players in mind and I made 10 slots just for respawns and the the unlikely chance more than 5 would show.

And again....................ArmA III Alpha in less than a week. I plan on spending an hour or so flying around and then diving head first into the editor to see what we can do.

Thread Information