Page 243 of 289 FirstFirst ... 143 193 218 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 268 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 5770

Thread: The Happy Fun General Discussion Thread

YuriVII's Avatar Pili Posterior
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: TWC ARMA II General Discussion

Good go, I was happy with my 3 measly kills. I only knew of one I took out, but I also brought an automatic grenade launcher and was just sending em everywhere into the first compound. So I may have downed a few hijabs. Remember gentlemen its a game [sic simulator] so its OK to be a genocidal maniac. Were all former or current tw players. Everyone exterminates the Settlement!

These missions remind me why my best mp experiences are in ARMA2, game kind of forces people to work together rather than rambo about. Just gotta get the mic and my fan fixed because no one hears me.

Legionary Jezza's Avatar Auxiliarius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    I will never forgive you lads for letting me wither out on that godforsaken hill, especially after covering your arses the whole time (13 kills!). Jezza was a hero though, even carrying my overloaded corpse while under fire in an attempt to save me. What's the point of having two medics when neither one does their job! 'Corpse'-men indeed!

When I picked you up and started walking down the hill and a round landed next to me...this was my reaction:

.Mitch.'s Avatar Fighting inevitability.
    Vault Staff

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by I WUB PUGS View Post
    I was pinned in a compound with witt, brewster, yuri, mitch and then jay showed up for some reason. That whole part of the mission was just a total cluster****. Needed better direction but meh, did okay.
    We just need someone who we designate as 'in charge' at the start then everyone follows that persons orders for better or for worse, otherwise they get shot.. Else we just get scenarios like the one you described, everyone was just doing their own thing and nobody was making any decisions, we spent like 30 minutes at that compound pinned by one dude with a Lee Enfield who we could easily have killed if someone has just said "this is what we are going to do".

More direction is needed, especially given we have fairly substantial numbers, anything double digits gets a whole lot harder to control when people are just doing their own thing.

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I thought Nevins was in charge.

TestudoAubreii's Avatar Bugger Bamfield!
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I didn't know that you guys where still playing regular ARMA. When do you play?

Katsumoto's Avatar Citizen
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

We have these dudes with real military training and war experience yet none (or at least, very few) of you actually use it to lead us to glory. But yes, that old problem of leadership/direction never goes away. Might be an idea to use ACRE again too if possible as communication was quite frustrating on Sunday.

I'd like to see us do something on Cherno again, perhaps those old missions we used to do right when we started playing. Those were pretty good, we just sucked. Some missions as Russians would also be interesting as we've literally never done any and it would be a nice change. I know you Amerikaners still fear the Commie but with JSRS and the new AK sounds there is no excuse.

Sundays at 1900 GMT, Testudo.

s.rwitt's Avatar Shamb Conspiracy Member
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Our real military experience would really only work if the rest of you knew wtf we were talking about when we started throwing acronym-littered terminology, commands, formations, etc at you. Also, each of us are used to a different set of SOP's based on how our units did things.

I think we'd be better off with two elements. Reinforced fire teams if you will. The fire team leaders talk to each other, or to the squad leader if you want one, who coordinates them and everyone else stfu unless its critical. It'd make flanking and shizz a lot easier. Also, bounding overwatch.
    Last edited by s.rwitt; February 25, 2013 at 06:36 PM.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I think pugs and jin should lead us.
    I lead enough men in rl I don't want you guys too

Ninja'd by s.rwitt

Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I don't lead in missions I make, its terribly annoying.

I'd like to finish playing this little Sangin campaign before moving on to other stuff. The 4th mission is what I'll be hosting on Sunday, perhaps the 5th one (kill the bomb maker) since its really short. And there are only 5 missions.

I am more intrigued with Lingor................asked Jin to do something on it........but he hasn't said yeah or nay.

****, we don't need ACRE, we can use the PS2 channels and the team leaders can whisper to each other.

To be fair we've done fine before......but it didn't seem anyone was jumping at taking the lead. Motiv-8 did the previous weekend and we at least survived and got from A to B easily enough.
    Last edited by I WUB PUGS; February 25, 2013 at 06:44 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'm okay with checking if my Blue-tooth headset will work while playing and then for fulling a sgt role or something.
    As long as I can have a red-dot rifle.

Major Darling's Avatar Yes Minister.
    Content Staff Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    We just need someone who we designate as 'in charge' at the start then everyone follows that persons orders for better or for worse, otherwise they get shot.. Else we just get scenarios like the one you described, everyone was just doing their own thing and nobody was making any decisions, we spent like 30 minutes at that compound pinned by one dude with a Lee Enfield who we could easily have killed if someone has just said "this is what we are going to do".

More direction is needed, especially given we have fairly substantial numbers, anything double digits gets a whole lot harder to control when people are just doing their own thing.
    Should see Mitch and I do a scenario together, one of us will shoot the other at some point

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'll volunteer to lead.

Jay Walker's Avatar Kei kihei
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    As soon as you left we got ****ing overrun lol. It was ridiculous. At one point I was 2m away from some Taliban smashing controls trying to figure out the hand to hand **** and running circles around him. Accidently threw a smoke grenade, pulled out an empty AK cuz someone TOOK MY M-4, reloaded, and shot him.

Also, Sangin is about to experience a huge drop in birthrate...because i took out like 8 burquas.
    I was fairly tempted to steal your weapon when you first went down but you had an M203 and I probably would have shot Mitch with it so I just left it. But yeah I usually kill civilians on sight so at the least I killed three takis, and scored one euthanasia point.

Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Legionary Jezza View Post
    I'll volunteer to lead.
    We need you with the DMR. And no you can't be a designated marksman exposing yourself to fire up on hills and stuff while also being in command.

Captain Jin's Avatar Tribunus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I admit to sort of running off and doing my own thing on Sunday because there was no clear orders of any significant sort. What I think would be best is splitting into two teams as r.switt suggested. No squad leader, just two teams with their leaders communicating between one another for ease of control. We were certainly missing the most basic principle of maneuver warfare out there, which is an element to provide a base of fire and another to maneuver on the enemy. So with just two teams we should be able to do that well enough.

I don't have any issues running a team as long as people listen. That's really my biggest issue from the past is trying to corral people and get things moving and just basically being ignored-- which doesn't sit well with me because I'm not very accustomed to being ignored in such situations =D. But I do think we're a lot better than we used to be.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Two teams can be in their own channels in TS and if the team leaders need to speak with each other than you can simply use the ingame voip.

beckyolt's Avatar Equites Cohortales
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post

I remember a neat mission we played quite some months ago where we assaulted a city and then moved along a wooded valley. We had 20 or more people but it was pretty organized since we had platoons with defined leaders who - I'm not sure if this is how it worked, but IIRC they in turn took others from someone else, not sure if it was you or Pugs. I remember we were told to go to a mountain overlooking the town. Numenor led my platoon I believe.
    Last edited by beckyolt; February 26, 2013 at 05:40 AM.
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd ƃuıןןoɹʇ ǝuıɟǝp

Katsumoto's Avatar Citizen
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by I WUB PUGS View Post
    I am more intrigued with Lingor................asked Jin to do something on it........but he hasn't said yeah or nay.
    Spetsnaz ousting a dictator on Lingor?
    Last edited by Katsumoto; February 26, 2013 at 07:22 AM.

beckyolt's Avatar Equites Cohortales
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Always heard about these maps but never downloaded Sangin and Lingor lol, every time I did I'd get some weird errors. Finally did it today. Really like them, but why is FPS so low in Sangin?

And it's been quite a while since I played Arma but I don't remember my aim shaking that much while using L85 even if I wasn't shot... it's gotten to the point it is unbearable, I can't even hit a dude 200m away with a goddamn l85.
    Last edited by beckyolt; February 26, 2013 at 09:50 AM.
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd ƃuıןןoɹʇ ǝuıɟǝp

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    Spetsnaz ousting a dictator on Lingor?
    I'd like that

Thread Information