Thread: Make General Bodyguard stronger

Default Make General Bodyguard stronger

I like bodyguard to be stronger like Katana Heroes because of some reasons:

- I always like to use elite unit, but heroes can only be recruited too late, Japan is almost conquered, no use for them.
    - Make game harder. AI has many Generals but always too easy to kill.
    - Fresh change to start new game.

If someone can help me make this mod or teach me how to do it, i will greatly appreciate. I managed to open unit_stats_and_land_table but cannot find where their stats. Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

Boba93's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Make General Bodyguard stronger

I like the idea but I don't know how to mod this. So can someone do it for us please ?

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Generals will be updated in my next version of Stats mod - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440856

ElementUK's Avatar Miles

That's what their Skill improvements are for. If you focus one General on improving the right side of the skill chart, they become very very powerful. Mod not required imo.
    "Nuke the Site from orbit - Only way to be sure"!

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

That is general a very easy task - just download the PFM Pack-File-Manager from the technical Shogun 2 forum - open the data.pack file in your main Shogun 2 game directory - go into db - and look for the land-unit-statistic - change the generals to whatever you like (this is like an excel sheet where you see all attributes!) - save - and it's done.
    TIP: If you do such modding always make a backup file of the to mod file first - just in case - otherwise you have to do a full re-installation of the game - and such is boring! (in this case copy the data.pack file - so you have a backup version!)

Cheers
    Syntax

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax View Post
    That is general a very easy task - just download the PFM Pack-File-Manager from the technical Shogun 2 forum - open the data.pack file in your main Shogun 2 game directory - go into db - and look for the land-unit-statistic - change the generals to whatever you like (this is like an excel sheet where you see all attributes!) - save - and it's done.
    TIP: If you do such modding always make a backup file of the to mod file first - just in case - otherwise you have to do a full re-installation of the game - and such is boring! (in this case copy the data.pack file - so you have a backup version!)

Cheers
    Syntax

Thanks for the tip, but i could not get it to work.

I am using Darth Mod and AUM.

Basically whenever i open data.pack/darthmod.pack and browse the unit_stats_land i find alot of units with the "Gen_" prefix, followed by some long names.

I guess these are the specific general unit stats for all the clans, no?

Well, i wanted a strong date generals unit, so i buffed them to 70 men and 70 horses. I made this change in data.pack, AND darthmod.pack with the PFM, but whenever i go ingame and start a new campaign, the unit has no changes:s

So to say it in few words, how do you edit the generals_bodyguard unit (perhaps for a specific clan)?

I believe the generic general statistics is Gen_Taisho. The ones with specific names are for the generals you could find in multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying, Duke of Qin View Post
    I believe the generic general statistics is Gen_Taisho. The ones with specific names are for the generals you could find in multiplayer.

thanks, that did the trick

I've actually been wondering something similar. I want each faction's bodyguard to be different, or at least have that possibility. So far, I can make a recruitable bodyguard unit, but the naturally occuring ones (from your faction's nobles and upgraded captains) don't change. Anyone have any ideas?