Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: IB2 Conqvestvs Britanniae CTDS and bugs

Avernus's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: IB2 Conqvestvs Britanniae CTDS and bugs

Ok, thank you for explaining it to me. Now I can simply enjoy the game, as I know it isn't broken or something. Later I will post more thoughts on the modification but now I have to play it for at least few hours.

Playing as Regnum Britonum, I Just noticed my King's Purse is -4000. ?
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Its from the script. Each faction is balanced accordingly but the scripted kings purse is showing this. I'm not sure why its showing -4000 though. It should be showing -1000 but even so Ill look see to correct it by evening out in the money script and not from the kings purse script. The Franks also show a neg kings purse too but will make sure. Never the less they are balanced as is but I don't like the idea that it shows up like that so will change it
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 08, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Is it normal that units during battle have markers off? (green/red) I cant recognized which unit I selected. Can U tell me how to turn on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Loke-Shah View Post
    Is it normal that units during battle have markers off? (green/red) I cant recognized which unit I selected. Can U tell me how to turn on it?
    \IB2 Britanniae II Expansion\mods\IB2_Britanniae\Configuration

Its a preference.. Open the Configuration file w/Notepad...Make a copy of the Configuration file first in your folder. Then copy and paste it to your desktop to make the changes. Many comps will not allow you to make the changes within your folder. After changing it from the info as shown below, copy and paste it back to the same place thus overwriting the orig file.

Scroll down to this below

[game]
    morale = 1
    mute_advisor = 1
    allusers = 1
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1
    advisor_verbosity = 0
    sub_faction_accents = 1
    show_banners = 1
    disable_arrow_markers = true (Change to false)
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 09, 2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Config

I have this corrected(w/also Fanks and Alemanni) but will to wait if anything else needs to be added. Also I did notice a few missing Foederati Dumnonia unit cards so ill add em in an attachment. The econ is redistributed but not from the scripted kings purse so the econ should be about the same level of difficulty
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 09, 2013 at 11:56 AM.

Hmm, nope, it still doesn't want to open.. really weird considering medieval II can open, just not kingdoms-related games

Hmm, nope, it still doesn't want to open.. really weird considering medieval II can open, just not kingdoms-related games. It won't even "launch" the launcher after I tried to reinstall it, so had to transfer over the game from an external hardrive. Quite annoying

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Hail! First of all thank you for this spectacular mod.I deeply appreciate every moment of your spare time,and the doubtless unlimited amounts of blood sweat and tears you have poured into this magnificent undertaking.Now for the ctd issue,which I hope to be a small one. I am playing as the Alemanni,and during battle,everytime my axe throwers loose their weapons the game ctds. I have tried this multiple times under multiple conditions and always the same.The battle goes well enough until this moment.Then instant crash As stated I hope this is a simple issue,and I thank you for any and all help you are able to offer concerning this issue.

Hello Rio,

I'm currently experiencing what I believe is a bug. I've tried many factions, and in most of those cities both Religion and squalor are pinned at 80% unhappiness. This makes any settlements effected almost impossible to hold without family members, and large garrisons. I should note it is with every different faction I've seen and even in christian settlements with 70% christian inhabitants with christian churches, it is still 80% religious unrest.

Sorry if this has been brought up before I tried an advanced search and got nothing related to "religion bugs"

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    Hail! First of all thank you for this spectacular mod.I deeply appreciate every moment of your spare time,and the doubtless unlimited amounts of blood sweat and tears you have poured into this magnificent undertaking.Now for the ctd issue,which I hope to be a small one. I am playing as the Alemanni,and during battle,everytime my axe throwers loose their weapons the game ctds. I have tried this multiple times under multiple conditions and always the same.The battle goes well enough until this moment.Then instant crash As stated I hope this is a simple issue,and I thank you for any and all help you are able to offer concerning this issue.
    I just tried them and no ctds after throwing their axes. I think midnite may have an awswere for you w/this one as I know this has come up before. Ill ask him to respond here to your post

Quote Originally Posted by Bristan View Post
    Hello Rio,

I'm currently experiencing what I believe is a bug. I've tried many factions, and in most of those cities both Religion and squalor are pinned at 80% unhappiness. This makes any settlements effected almost impossible to hold without family members, and large garrisons. I should note it is with every different faction I've seen and even in christian settlements with 70% christian inhabitants with christian churches, it is still 80% religious unrest.

Sorry if this has been brought up before I tried an advanced search and got nothing related to "religion bugs"
    Not a bug but I set the levels soo high in the settlement mechanics file(sof public order instructions) that it became a base level lol...Im adjusting it but had to keep squalor still a little high and distance to the capital increased to compensate. Thank You for pointing it out Bristan. Its just not realistic overall to leave as is so will readjust those levels.. I do want to make expansion very difficult thus this makes more sense.
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 09, 2013 at 04:22 PM.

I'm having an absolute blast as the Sahsnotas right now. Reclaiming the Old World for the Old Gods, the Wylfburnyn and clan Freawine will wipe the Imperium from the earth!

A few extremely minor bugs/issues in the campaign I've noted are below.

In the Battle UI, the Papal States symbol is still in the bottom right, not the updated Sahsnotas banner.
    Tier 1 Germanic Archery Range allows for Wuduwusan, the tier 2 removes them. Probably just need to swap those ranges?
    Not sure if Aetheling building is supposed to give an ancillary like the Romano Civitates Comitates do, but if it is it's not functioning. Gesith ancillaries are functioning correctly, however.
    Sahsnotas have Italian voices (leftover from Papal States I assume?) Intend to switch to German, like the Saxons (if I recall they had the German voice at least...)

And one general question. Is there supposed to be an actual title/trait/ancillary for each faction's "King" position? For example, is it possible to be named Amherawaddyr if you are the King of Imperium Romanum? As the Sahsnotas, is it possible to be named reges sahsnotas, or is this all just represented by the "King" trait?
    Last edited by smitty; July 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    Hi Chevalier IX. When the axe throwers loose their weapons do you mean when they throw their axes or when they run out of axes to throw? Did the ctd occur in every battle you fought? Was it one particular unit or any of the axe throwing units? Thanks for your answers and your interest
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Kashkarov's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    I just tried them and no ctds after throwing their axes. I think midnite may have an awswere for you w/this one as I know this has come up before. Ill ask him to respond here to your post

Not a bug but I set the levels soo high in the settlement mechanics file(sof public order instructions) that it became a base level lol...Im adjusting it but had to keep squalor still a little high and distance to the capital increased to compensate. Thank You for pointing it out Bristan. Its just not realistic overall to leave as is so will readjust those levels.. I do want to make expansion very difficult thus this makes more sense.
    If you could decrease the annoyingly high number of religiouse unrest in even nearly full converted cities, that really would be nice.

I've got a question concerning the Gaelic Factions (especially Mumhan, which I'm playing atm). Will it be possible to convert to Christianity ? Because my Heir is a Converted and a lot of my Generals are Christian, too. Furthermore I've built monasteries and churches to increase my cities' income and therefore I have quite a big Christian minority (about 30-45%). So it would be nice to give some Factions the possibility to convert.
    If I remember correctly I already proposed something like that, concerning the Franks (which in fact converted around 500 AD under Chlodwigs rule).

The battles work fine for me, even with overall 8000 men, it still works fluently.
    The only thing i would like to mention is that javeline- ore francisca-throwing units tend to throw even when I already crashed into them with my heavy cavalry (so I have already overrun the first two lines, the rest of the unit dosn't change into close comat mode, but instead throws), which causes quite some losses.
    So is this intended to work that way or does it occur on its own?
    Last edited by Kashkarov; July 10, 2013 at 08:36 AM.
    Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see it with both eyes wide.

Obeseian's Avatar Civis

Yea im pretty sure munster can convert to christianity for in the last version i once converted them and migrated to whales.. i pretended to be dyfed it was fun intell my Hero general prince was killed in a riot

Quote Originally Posted by Obeseian View Post
    Yea im pretty sure munster can convert to christianity for in the last version i once converted them and migrated to whales.. i pretended to be dyfed it was fun intell my Hero general prince was killed in a riot
    Correct. You can convert your faction over but it requires a 3rd level Christian church in an ascribed capital(Starting games faction capitals) Sorry but your Hero prince

Quote Originally Posted by Kashkarov View Post
    If you could decrease the annoyingly high number of religiouse unrest in even nearly full converted cities, that really would be nice.

I've got a question concerning the Gaelic Factions (especially Mumhan, which I'm playing atm). Will it be possible to convert to Christianity ? Because my Heir is a Converted and a lot of my Generals are Christian, too. Furthermore I've built monasteries and churches to increase my cities' income and therefore I have quite a big Christian minority (about 30-45%). So it would be nice to give some Factions the possibility to convert.
    If I remember correctly I already proposed something like that, concerning the Franks (which in fact converted around 500 AD under Chlodwigs rule).

The battles work fine for me, even with overall 8000 men, it still works fluently.
    The only thing i would like to mention is that javeline- ore francisca-throwing units tend to throw even when I already crashed into them with my heavy cavalry (so I have already overrun the first two lines, the rest of the unit dosn't change into close
    -See above bout converting...The AI may not be up to par w/that tactic. They do like to throw em even in close combat I noticed. They can cause significant damage though when they do throw them

I'm having an absolute blast as the Sahsnotas right now. Reclaiming the Old World for the Old Gods, the Wylfburnyn and clan Freawine will wipe the Imperium from the earth!

A few extremely minor bugs/issues in the campaign I've noted are below.

In the Battle UI, the Papal States symbol is still in the bottom right, not the updated Sahsnotas banner.
    Tier 1 Germanic Archery Range allows for Wuduwusan, the tier 2 removes them. Probably just need to swap those ranges?
    Not sure if Aetheling building is supposed to give an ancillary like the Romano Civitates Comitates do, but if it is it's not functioning. Gesith ancillaries are functioning correctly, however.
    Sahsnotas have Italian voices (leftover from Papal States I assume?) Intend to switch to German, like the Saxons (if I recall they had the German voice at least...)

And one general question. Is there supposed to be an actual title/trait/ancillary for each faction's "King" position? For example, is it possible to be named Amherawaddyr if you are the King of Imperium Romanum? As the Sahsnotas, is it possible to be named reges sahsnotas, or is this all just represented by the "King" trait?
    Aetheling building-office requires different attributes for your general then the Gesith. so this may be the issue. I know it was working but will look see if anything was changed-UI, the Papal States symbol I will change. The accent is latin? or just in battles? I will swtch them over. There are high King Titles but it looks like I left the Sahsnotas out. Will add em in w/the attachment

Some ot the rquirements example:
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= regenum_court1: King's Court
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= cattle_husbandry: Lord And His Hearth Companions.
    and Attribute Command >= 5
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM.

hi
    i have installed IB2 Britanniae on Medieval 2 with Kingdoms /including 1.5 patch/. Game run, I can see main window, and after click on to start campaign /f.e. west roman empire/ - nothing happend. i mean game don't answer - and can still see all icons of factions, etc.. Help please

Correct. You can convert your faction over but it requires a 3rd level Christian church in an ascribed capital(Starting games faction capitals) Sorry but your Hero prince

-See above bout converting...The AI may not be up to par w/that tactic. They do like to throw em even in close combat I noticed. They can cause significant damage though when they do throw them

Aetheling building-office requires different attributes for your general then the Gesith. so this may be the issue. I know it was working but will look see if anything was changed-UI, the Papal States symbol I will change. The accent is latin? or just in battles? I will swtch them over. There are high King Titles but it looks like I left the Sahsnotas out. Will add em in w/the attachment

Some ot the rquirements example:
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= regenum_court1: King's Court
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= cattle_husbandry: Lord And His Hearth Companions.
    and Attribute Command >= 5
    Rio, if I'm not mistaken the Lord and His Hearth Companions building is ONLY available if you follow the warlord's hold line of buildings (it requires tier 3 or tier 4 hold I believe). The "Arth Ru" Court building, however, requires the Romano government chain of buildings. If I'm correct, this means these two buildings are unavailable to be built simultaneously in one settlement?
    Last edited by smitty; July 10, 2013 at 01:47 PM.

Rio, if I'm not mistaken the Lord and His Hearth Companions building is ONLY available if you follow the warlord's hold line of buildings (it requires tier 3 or tier 4 hold I believe). The "Arth Ru" Court building, however, requires the Romano government chain of buildings. If I'm correct, this means these two buildings are unavailable to be built simultaneously in one settlement?
    The requirement, Lord and His Hearth Companions building is set up on for the Non Romano or Roman factions. The Lord and His Hearth Companions building is not a requirement for them to build to achieve the high Kingship ancillary but it is for the Germanic factions. Romano and Roman cultures do not need that construction.
    The Kings Court-the Romano British faction construction, Arth Ru (Arthur's Court) is the only building requirement for the High Kingship(for most of the Romano British factions0 so it does not need The Lord and His Hearth Companions building to achieve the high kingship but it does require ''and building_present_min_level hinterland_barb_gov_center1 barb_gov_center or building_present_min_level govbuild roman_gov_center '' So there is a bit of a choice of direction
    The High Kingship ancillaries are set up differently with the more Romanized factions as, The (barb_arth_ru_hall)Castra Amherawddyr is a building requirement. Dumnonia, the Councilium and the Roman faction based at Soissons need this construction for the high Kingship ancillary. The Castra Amherawddyr can only be constructed in Britain so Soissons must be an invading conquerer of Britain.
    The Gaels and the Scotti factions will need besides The Kings Court(Gaels)temple_of_Lia_Fail_stone only constructed at Teamhair and the (Scotti) stone_of_destiny_scotti I believe can be constructed at Dunnad. They do not need to build the the Lord and His Hearth Companions building as a requirement...Its something I hope to chart down soon as an info guide to the high kingships soon I know it can be confusing or just important to know.

I do need to go over a few of the High King bld descriptions as I noticed they need some correction
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 10, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

The requirement, Lord and His Hearth Companions building is set up on for the Non Romano or Roman factions. The Lord and His Hearth Companions building is not a requirement for them to build to achieve the high Kingship ancillary but it is for the Germanic, Pictavia, and Gaelic factions. Romano and Roman cultures do not need that construction.
    The Kings Court-the Romano British faction construction, Arth Ru (Arthur's Court) is the only building requirement for the High Kingship(for most of the Romano British factions0 so it does not need The Lord and His Hearth Companions building to achieve the high kingship but it does require ''and building_present_min_level hinterland_barb_gov_center1 barb_gov_center or building_present_min_level govbuild roman_gov_center '' So there is a bit of a choice of direction
    The High Kingship ancillaries are set up differently with the more Romanized factions as, The (barb_arth_ru_hall)Castra Amherawddyr is a building requirement. Dumnonia, the Councilium and the Roman faction based at Soissons need this construction for the high Kingship ancillary. The Castra Amherawddyr can only be constructed in Britain so Soissons must be an invading conquerer of Britain.
    The Gaels and the Scotti factions will need besides The Kings Court(Gaels)temple_of_Lia_Fail_stone only constructed at Teamhair and the (Scotti) stone_of_destiny_scotti I believe can be constructed at Dunnad. They do not need to build the the Lord and His Hearth Companions building as a requirement
    Makes sense to me now, thanks for clearing that up. I quite like the attention to details like this, with small variations for each faction based on historical precedence. Loving this mod!