Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: IB2 Conqvestvs Britanniae CTDS and bugs

Default Re: IB2 Conqvestvs Britanniae CTDS and bugs

Editing the data .txt files (wanted to add draconarius for Gwynedd troops) seems to couse CTD when loading old savegames, also same problem after instaling first patch,instant ctd from prepatch saves. Didn't have this problem in RTW. BTW the draconarius in new campaign which started OK using edtited export_descr_unit.txt apeared but as ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco Borealis View Post
    Editing the data .txt files (wanted to add draconarius for Gwynedd troops) seems to couse CTD when loading old savegames, also same problem after instaling first patch,instant ctd from prepatch saves. Didn't have this problem in RTW. BTW the draconarius in new campaign which started OK using edtited export_descr_unit.txt apeared but as ghost.
    Needs a texture to be assigned to it in the battle_models file?
    Maybe midnite can help you with that Draco
    -The new patch installer is not save compatible
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 03, 2011 at 01:08 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Draco Borealis View Post

once you edit the edu or modeldb your savegame files will no longer work, ctd. The draconarius has the graphic file code for only 6 factions, mercs and slaves. Any other faction you add will appear as a ghost or silvery looking figure once you enter a battle. Where did you add the draconarius in the edu??
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Quote Originally Posted by Stormraider View Post
    Those "Naked Warrior" types. I don't recall their official name in game. I was playing as the Regnium Brittania and attacked them. Soon as they went to "reloading", it CTD.
    I tried all three as the slave faction and no issues w/repeatably throwing spears
    Aumue Boai
    Audheran-Laecha
    Pict fanatical Warrior

Seems like MTW2 is lot more sensitive than RTW, if it's not easily tweaked I won't mess with it especialy as my campaign is quite advanced. Aside from this the game works 100% fine, played as Eubrac, Gwynned and RB no for 10 years with CTDs .

Here's the saved file. I'm assuming obviously the rather high upkeep costs (~double the unit cost) is on purpose and done for reasons of keeping army numbers low?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormraider View Post
    Here's the saved file. I'm assuming obviously the rather high upkeep costs (~double the unit cost) is on purpose and done for reasons of keeping army numbers low?
    Theres something wrong with your install. I cant load up your saved game

log:
    21:11:23.038 [version.registry] [error] File version (3) of <EVENT_DETAILS> is grater than latest version (2) !
    21:11:23.039 [system.io] [trace] file open,,13F65DA8,,not found

Any of Your original files modified?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    I always install my mods on a fresh set of files to prevent errors occurring to the main files, whether it's MTW2 Kingdoms or RTW. Had experience before of some mod files installing themselves into the main files and corrupting previously installed mods. Also makes certain of a clean install. The second installation of IB2 Conquestus Britannaie is working fine now
    An understandable precaution but this installer looks up your registry entry for Medieval2 and then installs it accordingly. It really shouldn't be necessary for kingdoms mods to be in the main directory, hence I didn't add 'mod foldered' to description.

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

Can anyone help me with my problem? offer any suggestions to why this might be occuring?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blip99 View Post
    I have just installed it but can not even start the game I click on the shortcut and then it doesnt even get to the loading screen, just gives me a message saying that it was a fatal graphics error? My computer is fine, i run Shogun on high graphics! I am confused to why this is happening... And yes i do know how to install mods before you start thinking im inadequate!! haha

Help would be much appreciated, im itchin to play this thing!!
    1. Describe in detail when the crash happens (eg clicking on start in the faction selection screen)
    2. Confirm that the path to the mod is ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\IB2_Britanniae
    3. Confirm that this is related only to IB2 by starting a vanilla or kingdoms campaign
    4. Set error reporting to trace (see quote below) and start the game again.
    5. Compress the log (found in ...\Medieval II Total War\logs) and attach it with your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by log report change View Post
    To change log from error mod:

-Open your Configuration CFG file
    -Remove the # sign in front of the trace line and place it in front of the error line.
    -Running the game with trace mode can slow game play down
    -That's why it was put it into error mode for the release.

-Should look like this:
    [log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    #level = * error
    file = game.script.* logs/pkh.script2.log.txt
    file = game.script* logs/pkh.script.log.txt
    file = game.script logs/pkh.scriptoutput.log.txt
    file = ai.ltgd logs/pkh.ai.log.txt

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

I want to pay attention to one moment. Yesterday started campaign. The first my fight on tactics, and here such bug. Suddenly, gradually figures of soldiers began to darken, all groups have gradually darkened.
    My configuration:
    XP Service Pack 3
    ЦП: Intel Pentium M (Banias/Dothan) (DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E7600), 3216 MHz (16 x 201)
    Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
    3584 Мб (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (512 Мб)

NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\260.99

I want to emphasize that on other mods, at me, on the basis of MTW2 such bugs aren't present.
    Last edited by Mr.Gorby; May 04, 2011 at 05:55 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gorby View Post
    I want to pay attention to one moment. Yesterday started campaign. The first my fight on tactics, and here such bug. Suddenly, gradually figures of soldiers began to darken, all groups have gradually darkened.
    My configuration:
    XP Service Pack 3
    ЦП: Intel Pentium M (Banias/Dothan) (DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E7600), 3216 MHz (16 x 201)
    Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
    3584 Мб (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (512 Мб)

NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\260.99

I want to emphasize that on other mods, at me, on the basis of MTW2 such bugs aren't present.
    It's a problem with the normal map (the bluish texture file), but it is surprising that it isn't affecting all soldiers in a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    1. Describe in detail when the crash happens (eg clicking on start in the faction selection screen)
    2. Confirm that the path to the mod is ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\IB2_Britanniae
    3. Confirm that this is related only to IB2 by starting a vanilla or kingdoms campaign
    4. Set error reporting to trace (see quote below) and start the game again.
    5. Compress the log (found in ...\Medieval II Total War\logs) and attach it with your answers.
    1. When i click on the shortcut to the mod, the blank 'before splash screen' screen appears, then the error message.
    2. Confirmed
    3. THIS IS THE PROBLEM I THINK!!!! When i start vanilla or kingdoms it does the same thing! But what does it mean?
    EDIT: Interesting though that all other mods work fine...
    4. I can see a lot more in the log now, but still dont know what it all means, i did notice some files 'missing' down the bottom of the log though, the preferences text and i think something to do with 'graphics_config.xml' not found as well
    5. Done

Thankyou for your help by the way, really appreciate it!

It's a problem with the normal map (the bluish texture file), but it is surprising that it isn't affecting all soldiers in a unit.
    No, I wanted to tell that gradually slowly all soldiers have darkened, all!

PS. And still. I left campaign and have tried to spend fight in custom battles, in the summer map without snow... Not in the winter. Such bug any more wasn't, it is very interesting why.
    Last edited by Mr.Gorby; May 04, 2011 at 06:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blip99 View Post
    1. When i click on the shortcut to the mod, the blank 'before splash screen' screen appears, then the error message.
    2. Confirmed
    3. THIS IS THE PROBLEM I THINK!!!! When i start vanilla or kingdoms it does the same thing! But what does it mean?
    EDIT: Interesting though that all other mods work fine...
    4. I can see a lot more in the log now, but still dont know what it all means, i did notice some files 'missing' down the bottom of the log though, the preferences text and i think something to do with 'graphics_config.xml' not found as well
    5. Done

Thankyou for your help by the way, really appreciate it!
    I think your M2TW installation is corrupt. This is the file that should be pulled out of a pack file of the original game (from my log):
    16:44:13.805 [system.io] [info] open: found data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_tgen_1_duptex1.vsh (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    It appears to be a file related to video - hence the message. I would suggest to re-install M2TW and Kingdoms new.

No, I wanted to tell that gradually slowly all soldiers have darkened, all!

PS. And still. I left campaign and have tried to spend fight in custom battles, in the summer map without snow... Not in the winter. Such bug any more wasn't, it is very interesting why.
    It might have to do with your graphics card, but I am not an expert in this field (video). Can you try and play a custom battle in winter in a regular Kingdoms (Teutonic, Brittania) campaign to compare the effect please?
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 04, 2011 at 06:21 AM.

I think your M2TW installation is corrupt. This is the file that should be pulled out of a pack file of the original game (from my log):
    16:44:13.805 [system.io] [info] open: found data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_tgen_1_duptex1.vsh (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    It appears to be a file related to video - hence the message. I would suggest to re-install M2TW and Kingdoms new.
    Yes, i shall see what happens, thankyou

It might have to do with your graphics card, but I am not an expert in this field (video). Can you try and play a custom battle in winter in a regular Kingdoms (Teutonic, Brittania) campaign to compare the effect please?
    I have started vanilla campaign for Teutonic Kingdoms, fight in the winter. All without problems and bugs.Textures good.

I have understood what a problem.
    The matter is that I don't like to play with effect of dirty textures, a dust, snow and others. I replaced a folder from a yours mod IB2 on overlaytextures with another mod, where all textures look clearly and without a dust and snow on ammunition. But, as we see, in the winter during fight soldiers become covered by snow, in the summer a dust. And then they blacken.

In other updatings replacement overlaytextures didn't result in such problems.
    A question to developers as it is possible to change it please. After all many don't like to play with dirty textures?

Any of Your original files modified
    Not as far as I know, no.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

I have understood what a problem.
    The matter is that I don't like to play with effect of dirty textures, a dust, snow and others. I replaced a folder from a yours mod IB2 on overlaytextures with another mod, where all textures look clearly and without a dust and snow on ammunition. But, as we see, in the winter during fight soldiers become covered by snow, in the summer a dust. And then they blacken.

In other updatings replacement overlaytextures didn't result in such problems.
    A question to developers as it is possible to change it please. After all many don't like to play with dirty textures?
    Hi Mr. Gorby. The overlaytextures folder can be renamed to your liking. The mod will then us Creative's vanilla overlaytextures folder. Try that and see what happens.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond