Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: IB2 Conqvestvs Britanniae CTDS and bugs

Default Re: IB2 Conqvestvs Britanniae CTDS and bugs

hahah ya i am a little lost too.... hey ebs you can turn on the little green triangles by going to the configuation file in the ib2 cb folder, scroll down to where it says somthing along the lines of disable unit makers, and change that from true to false the the file to your desktop, then copy and paste it over the original and WHABAM!!! you gots yourself lil green triangles

then save the file*

ebs's Avatar Centenarius

Sorry for my english.. is very bad i know

So i think u understand for Priest?
    I play with Francorum they color is blue.. so i conquer 10-15 cities.. and when i look the map i see one blue region.. in other Mods we have different border line color from the faction color..

and for the green triangles thanks

exemple :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails map2f.jpg  
    Last edited by ebs; April 11, 2013 at 06:42 PM.

Can't start a new campaign either. I have disabled tu UAC and I was able to play Vandalorum 2.Should I check the config ?
    Last edited by Diocletianus; April 12, 2013 at 07:15 PM.

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletianus View Post
    Can't start a new campaign either. I have disabled tu UAC and I was able to play Vandalorum 2.Should I check the config ?
    This from a new install?

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    This from a new install?
    Yup. I have uninstall and install it 3 time yesterday. No changes : it still CTD time I start a new campaign and when I try to play a custom battle.

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletianus View Post
    Yup. I have uninstall and install it 3 time yesterday. No changes : it still CTD time I start a new campaign and when I try to play a custom battle.
    Try downloading a different download, the zip file instead for the installer dl we have had issues reported. I know it is confusing w/all these mods but report a mods issue on its correct mods forum in this case this should go in the Vandalorum forum ok?
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM.

Default Re: IB2 Britanniae II Expansion Mod

just downloaded and the game stops responding when i start a campagn... any ideas?

sorry double post

Quote Originally Posted by RayFinkle View Post
    just downloaded and the game stops responding when i start a campagn... any ideas?
    Give it time, it can take a minute or longer for your first campaign to start.
    A blood-thirsty norse bastard, an opportunistic french-speaking norse bastard, or the King? I think by the laws of fealty there is only one option available.. - sirfiggin

Quote Originally Posted by RayFinkle View Post
    Make sure you do not have any virtual( compatible ) files stored before loading up a new game.

I'm in the same boat as Ray Finkle - once I choose a faction and press "start campaign" it just freezes there. Music plays, cursor moves, but just sticks at the faction selection screen.

Regarding the virtual files, how/what/where? I've spent some time googling it, checking out stuff that comes up and google searching based on what I read in the articles, but nothing helpful came up so I've got no idea what to do.

EDIT: also, am I right in saying that I can download and install Africa Vandalorum into the same folder as I did with this mod and everything will be fine? I've deleted all my TW games off of Steam, which was always a pain for me to use mods with, and am using physical copies of TW games now, so I'm a bit rusty when it comes to using mods, especially more than one at the same time! I'm pretty sure that the IB2 mods are mod foldered and so should be able to be played when in the same M2TW folder, but thought I'd better check to be sure. Thanks!
    Last edited by Aenima; June 11, 2013 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    I'm in the same boat as Ray Finkle - once I choose a faction and press "start campaign" it just freezes there. Music plays, cursor moves, but just sticks at the faction selection screen.

Regarding the virtual files, how/what/where? I've spent some time googling it, checking out stuff that comes up and google searching based on what I read in the articles, but nothing helpful came up so I've got no idea what to do.

EDIT: also, am I right in saying that I can download and install Africa Vandalorum into the same folder as I did with this mod and everything will be fine? I've deleted all my TW games off of Steam, which was always a pain for me to use mods with, and am using physical copies of TW games now, so I'm a bit rusty when it comes to using mods, especially more than one at the same time! I'm pretty sure that the IB2 mods are mod foldered and so should be able to be played when in the same M2TW folder, but thought I'd better check to be sure. Thanks!
    Hi Aenima, Im not sure if I read you right but the IB2 mods(IB2 and IB2_Britanniae mods released ) are mod folded with each mod having their own separate folders as the other original MTW2 Kingdoms mod-british_isles, crusades, and Americas. So the IB2 Vandals is mod folded under IB2 and the IB2 Britanniae mod is mod folded as IB2_Britannia. Each are separate mods that are mod folded within this route Medieval II Total War\mods directory

Hi Aenima, Im not sure if I read you right but the IB2 mods(IB2 and IB2_Britanniae mods released ) are mod folded with each mod having their own separate folders as the other original MTW2 Kingdoms mod-british_isles, crusades, and Americas. So the IB2 Vandals is mod folded under IB2 and the IB2 Britanniae mod is mod folded as IB2_Britannia. Each are separate mods that are mod folded within this route Medieval II Total War\mods directory
    Sounds good - does this mean it's safe to have both of them installed in the same place? I've got a folder called M2TW on my desktop that also has kingdoms installed in it, and that's where this mod is currently installed. If I download Africa Vandalorum, can I install it into that same folder and play both with no problems?

Also, on the Virtual Store front, I looked up Gigantus' UAC/Virtual Store guide, and when I went looking for my Virtual files, found that there were none. Apparently this is to be expected, since I installed it outside of program files, and in his own words:

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    If you install outside the program folder from the word 'go' you will avoid all the hassle as the VirtualStore doesn't back up stuff outside it.

I'll just try installing the mod again and seeing if it works then.

EDIT: still in the same boat =[
    Last edited by Aenima; June 12, 2013 at 10:31 AM.

unwanted double post
    Last edited by Aenima; June 12, 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Sounds good - does this mean it's safe to have both of them installed in the same place? I've got a folder called M2TW on my desktop that also has kingdoms installed in it, and that's where this mod is currently installed. If I download Africa Vandalorum, can I install it into that same folder and play both with no problems?

Also, on the Virtual Store front, I looked up Gigantus' UAC/Virtual Store guide, and when I went looking for my Virtual files, found that there were none. Apparently this is to be expected, since I installed it outside of program files, and in his own words:

Yes in the samre place. It should look like this then: Medieval II Total War\mods\IB2 -for the Vandals Mod. Just make sure its placed in the mods folder and not in the Medieval II Total War folder. And do not put IB2_Britanniae in the IB2(Vandals mod) in the same folder. They are(all of our mods) all separate mod folded mods.

Yes in the samre place. It should look like this then: Medieval II Total War\mods\IB2 -for the Vandals Mod. Just make sure its placed in the mods folder and not in the Medieval II Total War folder. And do not put IB2_Britanniae in the IB2(Vandals mod) in the same folder. They are(all of our mods) all separate mod folded mods. When you install the Vandals mod you should see an IB2 folder and also the crusades, british_isles, and americas folders all in the same place.
    Last edited by Riothamus; June 12, 2013 at 11:52 AM.

Ok - I uninstalled all mod and M2TW/Kingdoms files, deleted them, then reinstalled. Installed M2TW+Kingdoms into a folder on my desktop, patched Kingdoms to 1.5, then copied the folder, renamed it, and installed the mod there. In all parts of the installation (part 1, part 2 and the patch) I set the following target directory:

C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\M2TW IB
    But still no luck when it came to the faction selection page, froze again. Did I do anything wrong myself, or is it just a mystery?

Ok - I uninstalled all mod and M2TW/Kingdoms files, deleted them, then reinstalled. Installed M2TW+Kingdoms into a folder on my desktop, patched Kingdoms to 1.5, then copied the folder, renamed it, and installed the mod there. In all parts of the installation (part 1, part 2 and the patch) I set the following target directory:

But still no luck when it came to the faction selection page, froze again. Did I do anything wrong myself, or is it just a mystery?
    Your Executive.exe and Configuration files that are inside your IB2_Britanniae folder are set as:

Configuratuion file:
    [features]
    mod = mods/IB2_Britanniae

Executive.exe:
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\IB2_Britanniae\configuration.cfg

I don't see a mods folder-C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\M2TW IB
    Should be -C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\Medieval II Total War\mods\IB
    Last edited by Riothamus; June 12, 2013 at 09:40 PM.

Should be -C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\Medieval II Total War\mods\IB
    So is that what I need to set for the install directory for the patch, or for all of the installation bits?