Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: IB2 Conqvestvs Britanniae CTDS and bugs

Default Re: IB2 Conqvestvs Britanniae CTDS and bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Kashkarov View Post
    Furthermore , and thats maybe more importand it's a little bit unfair that the pagans can build huge religiouse buildings, but not the christians...

btw thanks for quick response
    Agree.. the larger temple need to be regulated specifically to a capital for RB factions and the huge temple only by the Roman faction and only in Soissons..Will add chnge to the Britanniae II

It a very good point thank you Kashkarov
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 01, 2011 at 11:51 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Kashkarov's Avatar Libertus

by the way I forgot to say thank you for that nice mod, quite enjoying it...

I guess the streets-thing (paved roads even not for "Romans"=Soissons) is something which you want hold on, or ?
    Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see it with both eyes wide.

by the way I forgot to say thank you for that nice mod, quite enjoying it...

I guess the streets-thing (paved roads even not for "Romans"=Soissons) is something which you want hold on, or ?
    Will think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Will think about it
    that's something in order of most historical accuracy it should be possible for Soissons, maybe a little bit (3-6 times) more expensive as the wodden roads, and more construction time of course...

i have got another point, image a Roman Senator, visiting his old friend the Magister Militum Aegidius in Gaul, what happens when he sees wooden-roads in the dominion of Aegidius ??

poor....pooor Aegidius gets laughed at, and is totally disgraced

think about it

that's something in order of most historical accuracy it should be possible for Soissons, maybe a little bit (3-6 times) more expensive as the wodden roads, and more construction time of course...

i have got another point, image a Roman Senator, visiting his old friend the Magister Militum Aegidius in Gaul, what happens when he sees wooden-roads in the dominion of Aegidius ??

poor....pooor Aegidius gets laughed at, and is totally disgraced

think about it
    Well he would see paved roads in his kingdom and a truly majestic city in Soissons for thats what is already there, but as to a re-conquered Germania, then he would see the planks wooden roads except for in a few major cities that still have Roman paved roads.
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 01, 2011 at 12:54 PM.

yes, that would be so in the area of the Salians and in some of the areas near the Rhine, were Franks, or Alemanni build those, otherwise the remnants of the Roman streets would be used

And my point is, that if Aegidius would have defeated the Germanic tribes in Gaul, that he probably renewed all the roads, as well as the infrastructure at all (especially in the cities) for economical and tactical reasons and for propaganda, too (thats the way other Emperors or Gallic Usorpers acted before)...
    Last edited by Kashkarov; October 01, 2011 at 04:59 PM.

Mappo's Avatar Civis

Hi all, I am convinced that this mod is very interesting. Yesterday I downloaded Conquestus Britanniae and I immediately began to study the rosters of the factions using Custom Battle. I noticed a few things: many factions still have the UI Cards of the peasants, in particular the roster of the Kingdom of Candia and the Kingdom of Venta Icenorum, are almost completely composed of UI paesants cards. Another thing: I noticed that in many rosters some units have strange stats such as Heavy Saethwyr archers that have 0 Attack, 10 Defence, no Charge. The same with the Saethwyr Mercenary: 0 Attack, 8 Defence, no Charge.
    May I ask if these things will be corrected by a forthcoming patch or will be addressed by Conquestus Britanniae II ?
    Cheers
    Faithful in the centuries
    &

Quote Originally Posted by Mappo View Post
    Hi all, I am convinced that this mod is very interesting. Yesterday I downloaded Conquestus Britanniae and I immediately began to study the rosters of the factions using Custom Battle. I noticed a few things: many factions still have the UI Cards of the peasants, in particular the roster of the Kingdom of Candia and the Kingdom of Venta Icenorum, are almost completely composed of UI paesants cards. Another thing: I noticed that in many rosters some units have strange stats such as Heavy Saethwyr archers that have 0 Attack, 10 Defence, no Charge. The same with the Saethwyr Mercenary: 0 Attack, 8 Defence, no Charge.
    May I ask if these things will be corrected by a forthcoming patch or will be addressed by Conquestus Britanniae II ?
    Cheers
    If your getting peasant cards like you say then there is an issue with your installation. Make sure your version is 1.0.66. we intend on going through the unit stats with some further changes or corrections with the II version
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 02, 2011 at 09:59 PM.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm guessing that's why some heavy cav can barely stand a chance against light infantry??

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
    I'm guessing that's why some heavy cav can barely stand a chance against light infantry??
    Its the other way around and w/med to heavier infantry..was the issue with the general unit but corrected. Stats need more creative adjusting in general

Fantastic mod, truly, BUT, a game-breaking element is arising for me.

Your sally-forth battle AI is wholly broken in specific circumstances. When I am besieging a city and they get to 1 turn left, typically a different small enemy stack attacks me (forcing the besieged army to join the army on the final turn of the siege).

All of that is normal. What isn't, is that 5 out of 5 times now the army that sallies forth from the city enters the battlefield, sets up formation in the corner they entered, and sits there the rest of the battle. They never move forward to attack, they just keep reforming and reforming until the timer runs out. Because it was the final turn of the siege, that army (small or huge) automatically dies after the timer runs out and I win the siege. I've had 5 massive battles I was eager for, only to see the sallying army sit there, let the timer run out and then lose (and consequently die).

This seriously needs to be addressed, especially because so many other parts of this mod blow me away and I don't want to walk away!
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Fantastic mod, truly, BUT, a game-breaking element is arising for me.

Your sally-forth battle AI is wholly broken in specific circumstances. When I am besieging a city and they get to 1 turn left, typically a different small enemy stack attacks me (forcing the besieged army to join the army on the final turn of the siege).

All of that is normal. What isn't, is that 5 out of 5 times now the army that sallies forth from the city enters the battlefield, sets up formation in the corner they entered, and sits there the rest of the battle. They never move forward to attack, they just keep reforming and reforming until the timer runs out. Because it was the final turn of the siege, that army (small or huge) automatically dies after the timer runs out and I win the siege. I've had 5 massive battles I was eager for, only to see the sallying army sit there, let the timer run out and then lose (and consequently die).

This seriously needs to be addressed, especially because so many other parts of this mod blow me away and I don't want to walk away!
    Hi smitty
    Thanks for the info on this. Are you usng the latest attachment path? I included in it XBAI(Xerxes AI). Wondering if its an issue
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 06, 2011 at 07:43 AM.

Hi smitty
    Thanks for the info on this. Are you usng the latest attachment path? I included in it XBAI(Xerxes AI). Wondering if its an issue
    I believe I am. I used the download links on the main page only 1 week ago, so that is the AI I currently have installed.

I believe I am. I used the download links on the main page only 1 week ago, so that is the AI I currently have installed.
    Will look see...If I send you the two older AI files can you test em to see if this happens again?

Will look see...If I send you the two older AI files can you test em to see if this happens again?
    Would be happy too, I've become quite obsessed with this mod. Having a grand time playing the Kingdom of Powys!

Another 'bug' I've found is the names of Germanic Peasantry Infantry and Germanic Peasantry Archers. The names are switched, so the archers are infantry and vice versa.

Would be happy too, I've become quite obsessed with this mod. Having a grand time playing the Kingdom of Powys!

Another 'bug' I've found is the names of Germanic Peasantry Infantry and Germanic Peasantry Archers. The names are switched, so the archers are infantry and vice versa.
    I'll try to get that to you sometime Monday
    Thanks smitty

Text bug. In description "barbarians with spear" and man with sword on the image - who is wright?=)
    When I played for Catuvelani couldnt see the possibility to recruit theese guys. Where's the snag?

Can anybody help me? I have got a problem with an Installer in goes 15% then it says that file Music.dat is corrupt!

Quote Originally Posted by Dman1993 View Post
    Can anybody help me? I have got a problem with an Installer in goes 15% then it says that file Music.dat is corrupt!
    You may need to re download the mod. Sounds like the one you have is corrupted

Yeah that helped, i re downloaded!