Thread: Favorite Unit of IB2 CB

Default Favorite Unit of IB2 CB

My goal in this thread is to not only find out everybodies favorite units but also to promote the great work that midnite has done for the world CB through the beautiful assortment of units, please list your favorite unit and why.

Default Re: Favorite Unit of IB2 CB

To be honest this may be mine we(midnite) just created: Marchomawr Gododdin. We set this one apart and gave it armor piercing projectiles as described in the poem, 'Y Gododdin'. This attribute along w/ the white shields sets it apart from the other factions Marchomawr elite units
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 07, 2013 at 12:09 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

i like them wulfburnies or however their spelled, and the calvary for the jutes(again dont remember the spelling)

the white sheilds heh.... excellent choice Rio, and the wulf dudes, i am fortunate not to have yet met them in battle, but their reputation for savagery precedes them.
    I think as of right now my fav unit is the Guened elite archer, their long bows crush all lol i use them to flank formations and destroy from behind, works like a charm

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Time to revive a old thread.

With the new expansion released I think my favorite unit would be the Hunnic Tarqhan cavalry. I just love the smell of armored, axe-wielding horse archers in the morning.

Plus I think they look great!
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Domesticus

Ive always been partial to the Irish twohanded axemen The Jutish and Sahson twohanded axemen are good too. Or maybe they are Sahson only, whatever, those guys

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

It's these guys, the Aumabellu Gododdin.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Their wall of pikes are keping the Pictish hordes at bay in my campaign, whilst archers rain down arrows from above. The pike must trully be the weapon of choice in the battles to come against the invaders from over the sea.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by caratacus; July 27, 2013 at 03:15 PM.

Great pics Caratacus, yet to play hard with Gododdin in the latest, i changed mine..... the Alt Clut 2 handed swords just destroy, i keep about 4 in my army 2 on each side of my infantry line to flaNK and they just walk through cav to boot, after Artorious becomes Riothamus i may just give Gododdin the time they deserve and run a long term campaign with them.

The Wulfbyrn used to be a favorite, but after having one too many laughs at their glorious battle attire, the Hraefnhelmas soon became my pick. One fine evening, they inspired me to draft my current avatar! Those familiar with the Hraefnhelmas will understand
    Last edited by smitty; August 01, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    The Wulfbyrn used to be a favorite, but after having one too many laughs at their glorious battle attire, the Hraefnhelmas soon became my pick. One fine evening, they inspired me to draft my current avatar! Those familiar with the Hraefnhelmas will understand
    They do have a look of a bit of a non inhibited freedom about them

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod