Thread: Gai armauhr

Default Gai armauhr

not sure if I spelt it right, but I noticed the gai armauhr unit can eat up a dugude unit and barely loose men at all. Why are they so strong? Im no saying it is necessarily ahistorical, cause I have no idea about that, Im just curious.

Default Re: Gai armauhr

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmansk Tiger View Post
    not sure if I spelt it right, but I noticed the gai armauhr unit can eat up a dugude unit and barely loose men at all. Why are they so strong? Im no saying it is necessarily ahistorical, cause I have no idea about that, Im just curious.
    They are elite Pictish warriors. On med level you should be able to inflict some damage but on hard or higher battles this may happen. Duguše are solid units and should at least put up a fight on an even level battlefield-med level
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 07, 2013 at 08:16 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Speaking of this unit, they have an armor rating of 10 but appear to be going to battle in light cotton shirts. Compare this to the heavily armored looking Ludocingatae, who only have a rating of 8. Any chance we can look at a body upgrade for the Gai Aurmahr? Even swapping some body armor textures from another elite pictish unit might be a quick fix.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

I looked at the unit and its way off. I'm going to rename it and drastically weaken it. I will then apply the Gai armuhr name to a much more heavily armored unit. Rep points for smitty and Tasmansk!

Re named it Chodaoer
    Chodaoer

Chodaoer are lightly armed, warbands used by the Picts to harrass and wear down their enemies.\n\nArmed with long spears, chodaoer are better in battle than the peasant stock from whom they are recruited. They are properly trained for war, given decent weaponry and let loose on the enemy! They can be expected to stand in a battle line and fight hand-to-hand. Constant warfare between lords in the Western Isles, Scotland and particularly Ireland made sure that there was always employment for soldiers.
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 09, 2013 at 08:38 AM.

Cool! It did feel a bit off. Excellent mod tho, truly excellent..

Cool! It did feel a bit off. Excellent mod tho, truly excellent..
    Good I again redid the description to properly fit this unit.

Cool! Uhm one more question, I saw that the curadha unit for the irish faction is very strong, almost as strong as the gai armuhr, is that intentional? I'd assume so since they're heavily armoured, so just wondering

Cool! Uhm one more question, I saw that the curadha unit for the irish faction is very strong, almost as strong as the gai armuhr, is that intentional? I'd assume so since they're heavily armoured, so just wondering
    Yes, they're one of the higher tier units of a couple of celtic-pagan and germanic-pagan factions. Their armor and weaponry match their description, and are well worth the gold!
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.