Thread: Uprisings and Rebellions [And Generals]

Default Uprisings and Rebellions [And Generals]

Currently a WIP. Gathering research data first. The SamuraiWiki timeline is what I am using right now.

The aim of this mod is to create uprisings and rebellions that occurred historically IF the conditions are right. If there was a revolt by retainers in the Oda Daimyo in 1554 (there wasn't) then we would have a check to see if Oda is alive in 1554. If so, then we create a rebel force.

Also, I am considering the possibility of creating famous generals whenever they appear in history to the game when they are supposed to (If the conditions are right). But I am not sure if this part can be done yet.

This is meant to be historically accurate, so any research and proof about uprisings during the Sengoku era (in relation to our game's timeline (1545-1640) then post here.

1554:
    -Wada Michioki rebels against Kôno Michinobu and fails
    -Ryûzôji Takanobu rises up against Shôni Tokinao forcing Shoni to flee to Chikugo.

1557:
    -(1557/11)-Oda Nobuyuki and Shibata Katsuie plot against Oda Nobunaga. Shibata is spared, Nobuyuki is killed.

1565:
    -Takeda Yoshinobu conspires against his father Takeda Shingen. Yoshinobu is caught and later forced to commit seppuku (1567).

1569:
    -(1569/7)-Fujii Kogen takes Kannabe castle from Mori forces in order to restore the Amako, but is later forced out by the Mori. (1569/8)
    -(1569/8)Yamanaka Shikanosuke clashes with Môri forces in Izumo province in order to restore the Amako.

1574:
    -(1574/1/19)-Ikkô-ikki sieze power in Echizen.

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

Daqin's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Uprisings and Rebellions [And Generals]

Sounds good, but I would definitely put the relevant generals into the game first (if possible). Also, if you're going for historical accuracy, a case like Yoshinobu's wasn't an actual rebellion, he was merely suspected, which led to his confinement and death. A true rebellion would be a "what if" scenario. And the more I think about these and other instances, the more scripting and introduction of characters involved will be needed. For instance, Uesugi succession dispute in 1578: Kagetora vs Kagakatsu. Both would need to be scripted into the game for this to even be possible. Same thing if you included Akechi Mitsuhide's 1582 rebellion against Nobunaga, and if you went into the Oda succession disputes of 1582-84, you'd need Hideyoshi, Katsuie, Oda Nobuo, Oda Nobutaka, and Tokugawa Ieyasu. Of those 5, only Ieyasu currently appears in game.
    "There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi