Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Clan Survivability Mod

Default Great Clan Survivability Mod

Major AI too wimpy? Want to give them more of an edge? Then why not give them some extra starting units to survive those first crucial turns!

This mod scripts the Major AI to receive extra units at startup (2 or 3 various units depending on difficulty - easy = 2 cheap units, normal/hard = 1 moderate unit/1 cheap unit, very hard/legendary = 1 elite unit/1 moderate unit/1 cheap unit )

Comments:
    I have been trying to figure out how to keep the Major clans from dying off. No overhaul mod has done it just right so far, and so I knew it had to be done through scripting. I have made it through 15 turns without any major AI dying (other than a small burp that occurs on turn 2 with Tokugawa dying and rising up the same turn. This happens because Tokugawa moves to attack Oda, Oda attacks Mikawa, Tokugawa takes back Mikawa, and Oda moves to Saito) - [It will say that the Great Clan Tokugawa Has Been Destroyed after turn 2, but Tokugawa will be alive, they will just have lost their capital and taken it back the same turn]

I used the FoW removal code in my TEST script (not included in this mod) to see all the factions and make sure everything went alright.

This mod was designed for S2R+. Results may vary among users of anything else.

Installation:
    1. Extract the content (campaigns folder) into Total War Shogun 2\data
    2. Play!

5. Report back here on issues/suggestions.

Download the Script Here!
    Last edited by Tan Zhi Han; April 24, 2011 at 11:13 AM.

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

Default Re: Great Clan Survivability Mod

Thx for the mod
    but oda will kill everyone now.
    Last edited by forcerecon569; April 23, 2011 at 11:38 PM.

Ofc if u know Oda's history. The Oda Clan wants to become power of the Japan.

EDIT:

Maybe Oda clan can survive if we use Tokugawa "Peace" with Oda in start 1545, while The Imagawa Clan yet at war with the Oda Clan.... Can anyone edit the system?
    Last edited by Xoo; April 24, 2011 at 01:42 AM.

Have you played around with the mod? Oda doesn't die anytime soon in my playthroughs. Are you getting something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Zhi Han View Post
    Have you played around with the mod? Oda doesn't die anytime soon in my playthroughs. Are you getting something different?
    I play Usegui, and Oda was destroyed after 2 rounds (Hard level).

I have a problem here, you say to put the file in campaigns folder, but unlike napoleon and empire it has no campaigns folder, just a campaigns map, the empire and napoleon had both of them in the data.

I can't play with Tokugawa with this mod. The game crashes every time after the clan intro video. I have no problems playing with all the other clans. And as soon as I remove the script I can play with Tokugawa again.

Quote Originally Posted by warboy View Post
    I have a problem here, you say to put the file in campaigns folder, but unlike napoleon and empire it has no campaigns folder, just a campaigns map, the empire and napoleon had both of them in the data.
    My understanding is that you need to create a "campaigns" folder yourself in the Shogun 2 data folder and then create the "jap_shogun" folder inside where you put the script file. Anyway that's my take on it.

For those experiencing crashes, make sure you don't have any other mods that alter or force (through mod/movie-setting) this file as it may be the cause.

Great work doing this through scripting though. Much less invasive than compiling a new startpos.esf, and also compatible with any future official patch.
    Maratha Light Infantry - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibfygu

Col. Michael Kováts Hussars
    - United States - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j272k5

Norske Geworbne & Trondhjemske Regiment - Norway -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmvpk6

Links updated 06.05.13

I made it a little easier to where you just move the downloaded FOLDER into your data folder for those that can't find the campaigns folder in data (you have to create it, but now you don't!)

I will do more testing on HARD to make it better.

EDIT: Just fixed the crash with Tokugawa. Copy/Paste sometimes makes you delete things you shouldn't.
    Last edited by Tan Zhi Han; April 24, 2011 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks! The mod now works flawlessly with the Tokugawa also.

I should state that I only tested thoroughly on Normal and Easy.

I just got through 30 turns of a Hard game and I do admit I see a few great clans (takeda/tokugawa) die after 15 turns.

In both of these cases another major faction was the death dealer. If you are having major clans dying, please list any mods you are using. (Aimed at Xoo)

Just gave it a quick try on an Hattori campaign beginning, normal difficulty, together with Radious' collection of gameplay tweaks. Didn't play for long since it seems the FoW removal was left in the script, but took the chance to see how clans would behave, and it looks good. Oda and Shimazu did survive fairly nicely, and neither Oda nor Tokugawa could conquer each other in the first turns thanks to the increased garrisons from Radious' mods. Looks like it will be a bit hard for Tokugawa to survive, since they are bottlenecked on one side by Oda and on the other by Imagawa, which they can't attack for a while being their vassals, but that's just how it is, too much crowd in that area of the map.

FoW apart, the only issue I noticed is that as it overrides the scripting.lua file, it does override also tweaks made on that same file from overhauls and various mods. In my case, I noticed it 'cause it reverted the clan prestige needed for the Shogunate to get increasingly angry to vanilla value (I was using a 50%+ mod); not sure what other common tweaks might be stored in that .lua, maybe diplomacy behaviour, realm divide settings et similia?

i don't see extra unit's at startup ??!!! whats wrong ?
    I have made as described in first post ?! Thx
    Last edited by debris; April 25, 2011 at 07:48 AM.
    Bertrand du Guesclin

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Zhi Han View Post
    In both of these cases another major faction was the death dealer. If you are having major clans dying, please list any mods you are using. (Aimed at Xoo)
    I use Radious mods (mostly all). Maybe it is reason as *Radious Garrison Mod*
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=441104?

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

Isn't working. I'm using Radious' garrison, units, stats mod.
    Work of God

Hi!
    thanks for the great mod. What made it more than just satisfied for me is that I even saw variations in your mod. It's good.
    I tested it 4 time (just quickly though, 5 -20 each, but I kept playing just as regularly to be more confirmable, in VH) and I found these:

1st time I tried the Date, fought the battle manually (heroic victory) , and after two turns, Oda got wiped out by Saito Dosan, as usual. Oda's moving their force toward Mikawa, and attacked the main force of Tokugawa instead of the empty castle as described. Oda won the battle and ended the turn in Mikawa as they ran out movement. So Saito attack Owari and Oda force disappeared. I played few more turns and noticed that Shimazu and Mori were all fine enough. End

2nd time I tested as Takeda, and I auto-resolved the first battle (close victory). Then I found things different. Oda attacked Mino and captured it. Then though later on despite Saito Dosan took it back, eventually Oda got 2 provinces with a good force after 7 turns. Tokugawa didnt get attacked so they're fine, too. This one is good! (I dont care if later if they kill each other with their full stack ))

3rd time I played as Uesugi, and also auto-resolved the first battle. Then I got the same thing as the first, but different outcome. Oda moved to Mikawa and attacked Tokugawa force, this time they lost the battle, moving back to Owari (so they lost Owari to Saito but claimed it back easily and also took Mino another turn) Its fine, but I realized reermerged Oda has new Daimyo, as both daimyo of Oda and Tokugawa was killed in their first battle. So no more Nobunaga in this variation. But it's war, fine

4th time I tried again as Date to figure out what was wrong in my first attempt. Then I got similar thing as the 2nd, which is good

Overall, i like it very good job, mate!! Thanks again

Can anyone confirm more so that Zhi Han can edit the script and release the mod? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
    FoW apart, the only issue I noticed is that as it overrides the scripting.lua file, it does override also tweaks made on that same file from overhauls and various mods. In my case, I noticed it 'cause it reverted the clan prestige needed for the Shogunate to get increasingly angry to vanilla value (I was using a 50%+ mod); not sure what other common tweaks might be stored in that .lua, maybe diplomacy behaviour, realm divide settings et similia?
    As far as I read from the mods for RD and diplomacy, they're all editing the data in the patch file, particularly campaign_variables_tables and diplomacy_attitude table, i think. So this mod should work well with those, doesn't it?

I will update you all on what I am working on.

I have tried several different scripts to make the great clans survive better (with less steam-rolling which apparently bothers people)

1. Give AI more units. (AI steam rolls as has been said)
    2. Give AI more recruiting slots. (AI does not take advantage of the bonus)
    3. Give AI more starting cash. (AI does not appear to take advantage)
    4. I am currently working on every capital belonging to a Major AI having either a starting -15 resistance or something along those lines to foment rebellion. (The -15 would go down by 1 or 2 every turn)

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Hello Sir,

best would be to improve those 10 main factions, nothing else, these are suppose to be your main oponents so improving them would be good. Its a pitty that always about 60-70 of them dies at start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast