Thread: Enhanced SP Campaign starts

Default Enhanced SP Campaign starts

Just a thought bubble. I'm a modder apprentice so I'm not sure if the idea(s) are even possible, let alone worth the trouble. That's where you guys come in - will it be worth it?

Four changes to try and provide a bigger difference between starting clans:

1. Add a special or resource building to the capitol province that directly relates to, or enhances / assists said Clan's special traits. Eg Craft for Chos, Hallowed Ground for Uesigi etc

2. Each clan starts with a number of arts already researched. Again aimed at their trait / specialty.

3. Each capitol starts with a castle upgrade and two developed slots. Again aimed at their trait / specialty. For example level 2 stables for Takeda and a dojo making advanced cavalry available. Or a No Dachi dojo from the get go for Date.

4. Lower the tech time requirements for Teppo (matchlock's) and make teppo Ashigaru an available option from game start or very soon after.

Aim of such a mod: To try to make each starting clan even more unique by recognising their advances and preferences. To make the start of a campaign with any given clan more than just spammed Yari / Bow Ashigaru vs spammed Yari / Bow Ashigaru.

Worthwhile?

Default Re: Enhanced SP Campaign starts

Quote Originally Posted by Ecka65 View Post
    Just a thought bubble. I'm a modder apprentice so I'm not sure if the idea(s) are even possible, let alone worth the trouble. That's where you guys come in - will it be worth it?

Four changes to try and provide a bigger difference between starting clans:

1. Add a special or resource building to the capitol province that directly relates to, or enhances / assists said Clan's special traits. Eg Craft for Chos, Hallowed Ground for Uesigi etc

2. Each clan starts with a number of arts already researched. Again aimed at their trait / specialty.

3. Each capitol starts with a castle upgrade and two developed slots. Again aimed at their trait / specialty. For example level 2 stables for Takeda and a dojo making advanced cavalry available. Or a No Dachi dojo from the get go for Date.

4. Lower the tech time requirements for Teppo (matchlock's) and make teppo Ashigaru an available option from game start or very soon after.

Aim of such a mod: To try to make each starting clan even more unique by recognising their advances and preferences. To make the start of a campaign with any given clan more than just spammed Yari / Bow Ashigaru vs spammed Yari / Bow Ashigaru.

Worthwhile?
    1: I like the first idea. I never quite got why Chosokabe started with wood, when crafts would be a lot more logical. Dunno how it is with the other clans though.

2: Hmmm, could be a good idea, I think. I'd suggest Something like Bushido/chi, then one upgrade below that, and one upgrade below that (IE bushido, the offensive tech, and then way of the sword for shimazu, basically the tech they need to research at the start for a bonus unit)

3: The third idea could be good, but potentially unbalanced. The mori would start with a military port (and thus can open up one sea trade route right the second someone else builds a trading port), the Tokugawa with either a market or a very advanced booze building (to either build metsuke or kisho ninjas) both of which can bring in money, which the dojo's of other clans can't. Plus, what would the Oda clan get? There's no Ashigaru building. Perhaps an encampent?

4: I dont like this idea. Really don't. First of all because I don't like matchlocks, second of all because matchlocks are one of the advantages of converting to Christianity and allowing Nanban. Speeding up the aquisition of matchlocks would take away a reason to convert. Besides, if I read it correctly, the first tier of nanban trade port, which you can get without converting, allows you to import matchlocks. Lastly, it makes no historical sense.
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!