Medieval Scotland - Total War has been renamed to simply Scotland:TotalWar
Scotland: Total War will feature the MTW 2 engine. This mod will encapsulate the battles between rival clans and families in Scotland, and also the interaction with England, Wales, Ireland, France and the Norsemen.
Start Date - 1347 The year after the Battle of Neville's Cross
Finish Date - 1603 with the Union of the Crowns
Faction List - (Still in the works will, be based on the final number for MTW 2?)
1. Clan Armstrong
2. Clan Bruce
3. Clan Cameron
4. Clan Campbell
5. Clan Douglas
6. Clan Fraser
7. Clan Grant
8. Clan Graham
9. Clan Home
10. Clan MacDonald
11. Clan Macleod
12. Clan MacIntosh
13. Clan Scott
14. Clan Stewart
15. Clan Wallace
16. England will have 7 distinct families (for civil wars) plus rebel counties
17. France (non playable)
18. Irish families and provinces (to be named)
19. Norsemen (non playable)
20. Rebel Clans of Scotland to number about 20
1. Ancient monuments such as Hadrians Wall, Antonines Wall, Iron Age Hillforts, Roman Roads, Stonehenge and other prehistoric monuments. (if Wonders are added in MTW 2)
2. Massive Campaign map of the British Ilses, Ireland, Britanny, Normandy and Norway.
3. Revamped trading relying on farming and new resources such as peat, kelp, fish (MM3), salt (MM3), Horses (MM3), stone, potatoes, sheep and cattle.
4. Reemergent factions (if included in MTW 2)
5. Emerging factions.
6. Smaller population and economic growth.
7. Less Walled towns for less seiges and more open battlefields.
8. New buildings (at first dictated by MTW 2)
9. New units (at first dictated by MTW 2)
10. Voice mods for Scottish and Irish Gaelic, Olde English, Welsh, French and Breton
11. Custom Battles (Battle of Neville's Cross, Towton, Tewksbury, Bosworth, Harlaw and Flodden Field )
12. Diseases (the Pestilence will strike severely in certain towns ) , Storms, Floods, Famines will occur regularly, while Fires and Earthquakes will also occur.
12. An alpha public Version based on BI 1.6.
13. Weekly updates (on sundays)
14. A County Campaign 1689 -1746 To include the Jacobite Risings
15. Religious Festivals and Pilgrimages
The intended release date is approximately 3 months after the release of MTW 2, so there is still quite a while to go. The reason for the change of dates was I really wanted to avoid the Scottish Wars of Independece and also to avoid having to make too many emergent factions.
Obviously, at the moment the final features of MTW 2 are far from known. I will include the year (ie 1500) and a 2 turns per year system which we have been assured that the text files will still enable us to do. If events are still enabled this will also be included.
Scotland will be divided into about 50 territories which will include traditional shires and clan lands. England will have all the traditional counties with the exception of Northumberland split into 4 (including Coquetdale, Redesdale and Tynedale ) and Cumberland split into 2 (including Bewcastle Waste).
Also an area in between Scotland and England known as "The Debateable Land" which belongs to neither country will be controlled and patrolled by "broken men", brigands and riding families. To move your armies through this area will be at your own peril. More about this to follow.
Well that's all for the time being there will be further updates shortly. For more information about this mod, it is atually being hosted at:
So in closing, if kilts (tartan patterned plaids), armour, swords, rain, fog, banners and Scottish Clan History is your forte, welcome to Scotland Total War
The Border Reiver