View Poll Results: Are you interested in this type of mod?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, very much

102 62.20%
  • Yeah, a bit

32 19.51%
  • Nah, not really

14 8.54%
  • No, not at all

16 9.76%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ZenMod, 7/30 v4.5 updated for DLC PATCH, Darth & Mutant vers. available

Default Re: ZenMod (historical units), 5/2 v2 full release, w/ UAI for both standard & darthzen mods

Quote Originally Posted by Seikales View Post
    Hey Malaise,

Let me tell you my experience on how I discovered the weird effect of setting the 'Good Stamina' on PFM Editor Column Entry to 'True'. Then you be the judge of it

I have set fatigue high for combat actions for my two mods, the Mutant Mod and the mini-mon SGG. To make certain units more important in pinning enemy down, I wanted to give them Good Stamina and I believed back then PFM editor had the right entry headers. So, I went ahead and set Good Stamina 'True' for Yari Samurai as a test.

I recognized that the unit showed 'Scares Enemies' instead of 'Good Stamina' on the battle card. Then I recognized something weirder. When you approach that unit to an enemy unit, their morale simply skyrocket! And they NEVER rout. Even the LAST man will fight until he dies. I tried setting positive/negative values to Unit Frightened entry in the morale table, to see if that had any effect... No. So, I concluded that the Good Stamina column entry in PFM editor was wrong and if you ever set it to True, it leads to non-routing enemy units when the True set unit gets near. I also recognized another entry in PFM editor, that reads Scares Enemies, but I haven't gone ahead to try what in the world it does so far.

I haven't noticed other people report similar things, but it makes sense they do

I hope this was helpful.
    I did some extensive testing with this and it does seem something odd is up with Scares Enemies. It's especially odd because there are two table entries for it. The one presently under "Inspires Allies" gives this trait as well as the table wrongly marked "Good Stamina". The former has units affects by it report "frightened by enemy unit" by their morale still goes up. So, until the patch comes out I've gotten rid of all True values in both these tables to be safe. Hopefully, this will improve the morale issue people are talking about.

By the way, I am really interested in combining Mutant Mod with yours. I have some nice morale and fatigue settings that, honestly, improve the battlefield experience. I have enjoyed the battles MUCH more after modding it to my taste and I believe a lot will also enjoy it. Somehow however, it doesn't get much attention, only 50 downloads so far, and I believe most of them are fellow modders, cause only a few drop comments I would kindly ask you to try it out, make some comments and see if you are willing to join forces.

Thanks in advance for comments! Take care
    Darthmod version also changes morale and fatigue so I will probably leave it as is for people who prefer that however I'm definitely up for adding your settings to the standard ZenMod. Link to your mod?

Note: High up, when this mod was first introduced as an idea, I have stated that you should not reduce the number of units. It seems you have introduced some more in fact, with alterations. So, I reword my interest: Very interested. Cheers!
    Yes, the roster actually has the same number of total units, I've just taken out flagrantly ahistorical and/or redundant units and replaced them with more historical and purposeful ones.

EDIT: Actually, I'm pretty sure mine has more total.
    Rosters:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Removed:
    Yari Hero
    Katana Hero
    Bow Hero
    Katana Samurai
    No-Dachi Samurai
    Katana Cavalry
    Loansword Ashigaru
    Light Cavalry
    Kisho Ninja
    Onna Bushi

Added:
    Naginata Ashigaru (naginata peasants)
    Hokihei Samurai (musket-armed dragoon)
    Juukihei Samurai (naginata cavalry)
    Yari Sohei (spear monks)
    Kiba Sohei (naginata monk cavalry)
    Kerai (no-dachi garrison retainers)
    Wako (bow/melee-hybrid mercs)
    Teppo Sohei (musket monks)
    Unique Clan Hero Units (1 for each clan)
    Clan Specialty units (4x for each clan)

-Counting each clan has 4 specialty units rather than some clans only have 1 or 2 in vanilla, and loansword and teppo sohei not being recruitable in campaigns, plus the fact each of my heros is different, that's a few more .

----------

And for everyone else,
    2.2 version as of 5/3, same download link, should hopefully fix the problems with morale some are reporting.
    Last edited by General Malaise; May 03, 2011 at 03:40 PM.

Default Re: ZenMod (historical units), 5/2 v2 full release, w/ UAI for both standard & darthzen mods

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Hi i have been playing Toon all in one with realism and becom curius about this mod.
    But when i installed this after taken out toon and realism i get instant crash when trying to start Shogun. I think its because Toons userscript is conflikting whith this mod so if some kind soul could upload the original i would be very grateful Thanks in advance.
    Upload the original what? Just delete the Toon entries from you user script. %appdata%/The Creative Assembly/Shogun 2/scripts

EDIT: v2.3 Fixed garrisons spawning hojo hero.

Man, this game is a pain in the arse to edit. Seems you can't delete data no matter what you do from vanilla. Had to add Onna bushi back to garrison spawns to fix above issue.
    Last edited by General Malaise; May 03, 2011 at 05:22 PM.

No, that isn't a banana

Default Re: ZenMod (historical units), 5/3 v2.3 full release (cav/morale/garrison fix), w/ UAI for both standard & darthzen mods

It's probably asking too much, but can you provide a version without the increased garrisons?

Default Re: ZenMod (historical units), 5/3 v2.3 full release (cav/morale/garrison fix), w/ UAI for both standard & darthzen mods

Quote Originally Posted by OTZ View Post
    It's probably asking too much, but can you provide a version without the increased garrisons?
    I could but this is such an easy thing to do yourself I don't think it's necessary. Download the PFM here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=433370. Copy a version of the zenmod you're using to your desktop, or anywhere outside the shogun folder. Then open PFM and open the zenmod.pack. Go to db tab, then building_level_armed_citizenry_junction_tables, click on the file underneath the tab that opens up, then hit your delete key (it should italicize), then save it with PFM. Then, cut and paste the edited zenmod back into your data folder, overwriting the old one. The mod should now use default garrison values. If you really can't figure this out though I'll do it for you and PM it to you.

BTW, is 2.3 fixing the morale issue you said you had?

Also, though interest in this seems to be dying down, I noticed darthmod updated his mod to v2 so I updated the darthmod content in my the darth zen version. Same link as OP.

Default Re: ZenMod (historical units), 5/3 v2.3 w/ UAI, 5/4 updated darthzen to v2 dms

Quote Originally Posted by General Malaise View Post

They aren't compatible and it would defeat the point of my mod to use AUM anyway.
    I downloaded your mod as it sounds promising. I was surprised that the only custom unit_variant model which you included is grabbed without permission from my AUM-SHO.

ashigaru_inf_spear_yari_warrior_monks_aum.soldier.unit_variant

You should have asked for permission. That's the normal way between modders. Please list me at least on your first page with credits.

Default Re: ZenMod (historical units), 5/3 v2.3 w/ UAI, 5/4 updated darthzen to v2 dms

Yeah, I was using that as a holder until I got that unit to work when I was still trying to figure out how to mod and then I think I just forgot about it. Will add you to the credits though if you don't mind me just keeping it there (no point really in me doing it over myself now anyway). Thanks.

Wodeson's Avatar Tiro

Looks good.

I don't know how far you want to take the historical accurancy, but Bow Samurai and Sohei were invariably mounted, so you might want to remove the infantry bow units altogether excepting the Ashigaru and Wako.

That said, if you want to be very strict, then you may want to remove Bow Cavalry too, since by the start of the game the mounted Samurai had mostly switched to using lances. The few mounted Sohei that existed still used the bow however. Alternatively you could alter the start date of the campaign to pre 1540 when bow cavalry were still the norm.

how do i properly uninstall this mod? I had this mod installed in my data folder. Its a good mod for me but I want to uninstall it to try other mods. I tried deleting the file from the data folder but I can't go to custom battle after that. Please help. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wodeson View Post
    Looks good.

I don't know how far you want to take the historical accurancy, but Bow Samurai and Sohei were invariably mounted, so you might want to remove the infantry bow units altogether excepting the Ashigaru and Wako.
    Well, not exactly. Samurai on foot would often stand in every tenth man in groups of 100 ashigaru. I mean, you wouldn't have full units of spear samurai either. There's no real way to represent this in the total war engine though. For the purposes of my mod I just consider "samurai" as ashigaru granted higher-status rank or who have looted samurai weapons/armor (common in the era), fighting ji-zamurai, and lower-ranking samurai or samurai who just prefer to fight on foot all grouped into one unit. Basically, anyone who can afford or has decent weapons and armor but no horse.

That said, if you want to be very strict, then you may want to remove Bow Cavalry too, since by the start of the game the mounted Samurai had mostly switched to using lances. The few mounted Sohei that existed still used the bow however. Alternatively you could alter the start date of the campaign to pre 1540 when bow cavalry were still the norm.
    Setting the year back would be enormous amounts of work and I'm not even sure it's possible to mod that with Shogun 2. I'm aware bow cavalry was declining but then naginata on horseback would have been rare too but I included that for gameplay purposes and because I don't want to take a hatchet job to all the units without replacing them with something else or no one will play the mod.

I've not heard about sohei only using bows on horseback though. If you can provide a source for that I might switch that unit to a bow/melee hybrid like the Wako since they don't serve any unique role right now but I wanted to represent mounted Sohei in some fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by asero
    how do i properly uninstall this mod? I had this mod installed in my data folder. Its a good mod for me but I want to uninstall it to try other mods. I tried deleting the file from the data folder but I can't go to custom battle after that. Please help. Thanks
    Please read the thread more carefully as this was answered. You have to go to %appdata%/The Creative Assembly/Shogun 2/battle preferences and delete the file there whenever you use a mod that changes units, such as this one.

Yeah, I was using that as a holder until I got that unit to work when I was still trying to figure out how to mod and then I think I just forgot about it. Will add you to the credits though if you don't mind me just keeping it there (no point really in me doing it over myself now anyway). Thanks.
    Hello General Malaise, thanks for your explanation and you can leave it of course in your mod. By the way very nice unit ideas! +rep

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

I like the mod idea!

New units too or just realistic customs vanilla? Unit card last version 3?
    Last edited by Brips; May 06, 2011 at 04:11 AM.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Quote Originally Posted by Brips View Post
    I like the mod idea!

New units too or just realistic customs vanilla? Unit card last version 3?

-Common-
    Yari Ashigaru (long spear)
    Naginata Ashigaru*
    Yumi Ashigaru
    Teppo Ashigaru
    Yari Samurai (short spear)
    Naginata Samurai
    Yumi Samurai
    Teppo Samurai
    Keikihei Samurai (short spear)
    Juukihei Samurai* (naginata)
    Kyukihei Samurai (bow)
    Hokihei Samurai* (musket, dragoon)
    Yari Sohei (short spear)*
    Naginata Sohei
    Yumi Sohei
    Teppo Sohei*
    Oban* (long spear, shogun only)
    Kerai* (nodachi, garrison only)
    Kiba Sohei* (mounted monks, req. fortified monastery)
    Wako* (bow/melee hybrid, req. pirate's lair)

-Clan-
    Chosokabe - Superior bowmen Chosokabe Kyudosha* (bow hero)
    Date - Superior naginata troops, Date Kesshitai* (nodachi hero)
    Hattori - Kisho training for foot samurai/ashigaru, Hattori Iga-Mono* (ninja hero)
    Hojo - Superior siege units, Hojo Onna-Bugeisha* (naginata hero)
    Mori - Superior sohei, Mori Yamabushi* (naginata monk hero)
    Oda - Superior ashigaru, Oda Ashigaru-Gashira* (long spear hero)
    Shimazu - Superior foot samurai, Shimazu Kensei* (nodachi hero)
    Takeda - Superior mounted samurai, Takeda Uma-Mawari* (mounted long spear hero)
    Tokugawa - Superior gun troops and ships, Tokugawa Sogekihei* (musket sharpshooter hero)
    Uesugi - Superior spearmen, Uesugi Hatamoto-Kachi* (short spear hero)

*new unit

Wodeson's Avatar Tiro

I've not heard about sohei only using bows on horseback though. If you can provide a source for that I might switch that unit to a bow/melee hybrid like the Wako since they don't serve any unique role right now but I wanted to represent mounted Sohei in some fashion.
    The quote I have infront of me is from the DBR Army List Book 1, Phil Barker WRG circa 1995.

The Sohei Monks still meddled in politics, but were less impetuous in battle. Their few cavalry were still often depicted in the later period with bow as well as naginata, so are classed as sipahis.

Only After 1542 AD:
    Convert all Sipahi(Ordinary) except Sohei to yari-armed Lancers(Fast) @ 31 AP if general, 11 AP if not.
    Last edited by Wodeson; May 07, 2011 at 12:34 PM.

Default Re: ZenMod (historical units), Full Release v1.6 w/ PATCH, now w/ UPDATED v1.95 darthmod version

Well I have a problem...ehrr...
    I've Removed that mod
    but yeah...
    i wanted to start the MP,... but ...now i'm level 1 Again oO...

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Default Re: ZenMod (historical units), Full Release v1.6 w/ PATCH, now w/ UPDATED v1.95 darthmod version

Quote Originally Posted by TheRhythm View Post
    Well I have a problem...ehrr...
    I've Removed that mod
    but yeah...
    i wanted to start the MP,... but ...now i'm level 1 Again oO...
    Thats anticheat detection. Instead of banning your acount and your game from steam you get automaticaly reset to level 1 when you enter MP with mod which changes units stats, abilites etc.

ohhhw.. i dont knew that...
    but thanks
    Last edited by TheRhythm; May 07, 2011 at 11:54 AM.

madrush's Avatar Senator

all i needed to was read the catelog and i fell in love with this mod....i really love it wow +rep

AnimaMea's Avatar Miles

Not sure if this is intentional, but noticed that naginata samurai are recruitable from the sword school, not the naginata Dojo?

Also, could nodachi samurai be reintroduced? Katana samurai were my pet hate, but nodachi's were in Shogun 1, and I suppose are historical

Wish Brigadier Graham would stop spamming that everywhere. One topic about it is more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimaMea View Post
    Not sure if this is intentional, but noticed that naginata samurai are recruitable from the sword school, not the naginata Dojo?
    Yes, that's entirely intentional. Doesn't your sword school chain read "Naginatajutsu Dojo" now instead? The mod classes naginata troops as sword units so half the tech and building tree are not rendered useless by the removal of katana samurai.

Also, could nodachi samurai be reintroduced? Katana samurai were my pet hate, but nodachi's were in Shogun 1, and I suppose are historical
    No-dachi are still quite present, but they were exceedingly rare in the period, which is represented as:
    -Kerai (a garrison spawn of elite samurai retainers wielding no-dachi, you can recruit up to 2 for field use to represent the daimyo and his heir's personal retainers)
    -Heroes (Shimazu Kensei and Date Kesshitai both wield no-dachi)
    -Rebels/Ronin (No-Dachi Samurai, who are being renamed Ronin in the next update, spawn occasionally as rebels whom can you bribe as normal)

As for making them a standard unit again, probably not. The only place that would really be reasonable is on Kyushu. There's a small chance I could consider them being recruitable from a province with a weaponsmith as 1) they were rare partly because they were very difficult and expensive to make and 2) armoursmiths are already quite better than weaponsmiths so perhaps this would equal things out a tad. Alternatively I could leave them being flavored as ronin and have them be recruitable from a province with a smuggling network or something.

What do others feel about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Wodeson
    The quote I have infront of me is from the DBR Army List Book 1, Phil Barker WRG circa 1995.
    Hrm, that passage quite sounds like it was bows or naginata not necessarily both. I could just make it a bow and naginata unit though. Would have to screw around with the animation tables again however and that might make more weird bugs like with the cheering animation bug now. I'll look into it though.

I'm also thinking of adding a recruitable teppo wako unit from pirate's lairs as many of them had guns but am not sure if they should be like nanban teppo or still require a gunsmith built. I feel like it should be the former but accepting nanban trade already doesn't seem that worthwhile in my opinion and this would make it less pointless to get early guns if you can just grab a, quite numerous, pirate's lair province instead. On the other hand, I could just make it a lvl-3 pirate fort.
    ______

I also have a rather large update ready, am waiting on the damned patch though to see if I need to fix anything first in relation to it before I release it.

EDIT: BTW, do any modders perhaps following this thread no where the db tables are that control the clan bonuses (such as =+2% success to monk or ninja actions, etc.)? Thanks.
    Last edited by General Malaise; May 07, 2011 at 03:32 PM.