Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BKB mod...or XL mod

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Default BKB mod...or XL mod

I love MTW, there is no doubt.
    I've also been playing the XL mod for quite a long amount of time.
    Now, what do you think, is the BKB mod worth a try? Is it...better? Worse? Why?
    Your opinions would be appreciated, since I and I'm sure other players like to know what they're getting themselves into.

Just, please, conduct yourselves in a civil manner.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Hm.....I've always played XL too. I love it. Even if BKB mod is good, I don't think I would enjoy it as much as I enjoy XL

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by therussian
    Hm.....I've always played XL too. I love it. Even if BKB mod is good, I don't think I would enjoy it as much as I enjoy XL
    Looking at BKB, it has Armenia in the early age actually IN armenia, but I am not sure if that is exactly realistic, since the Reubenid dynasty in Cilicia began in 1080...It may be an interesting strategic position though. What I look for, in terms of fun with these mods, is the uniqueness of a faction...I mean, if Georgia in the High age...I think maybe the Late age as well...is just generic units...I wouldn't wanna play it...it'd be boring.

So what can some BKB veterans tell me about their experience playing?

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Thats Georgia, not Armenia in BKB. Armenia are in XL with there historical provinces.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Quote Originally Posted by the celt
    Thats Georgia, not Armenia in BKB. Armenia are in XL with there historical provinces.
    I thought I saw armenia as a faction in the early age. Eh, guess I was wrong. They've added provinces in that region then?

edit: oh whoops. XL. i knew that.

I play BKB, I like it as much as I like XL, both are worth a try if you ask me as they "feel" different and unlock slightly different factions.

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA
    I play BKB, I like it as much as I like XL, both are worth a try if you ask me as they "feel" different and unlock slightly different factions.
    As soon as I'm done with my Hospitaller campaign in XL, i'll look for my install disk and give BKB a shot.

I put the Armenians in Armenia for gameplay purposes. Otherwise I feel they would be cramped into Cilicia Armenia with nowhere to go, sandwhiched by the Seljuk Turks and the Fatimids. This way they can move up into Georgia.
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam

I consider BKB pretty good and the main mod for me, but XL is laso good, it is worth to play them both You only have to move data files (and music) between these two installations

Default Re: BKB mod...or XL mod

I prefer BKB,because it's much complete than XL!!!!

BKB is very close to XL mod but has a slightly different focus. That's what makes all the fun in changing between XL and BKB. Both are very well done. If you like XL, you'll propably like BKB.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Scar Face's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

I would say its worth a try. However, be warned BKB feels...incomplete in comparison. The provinces are very rigid, and for excample, Portugal is only 1 province for whatever reason. I liked BKB but I only played it for about a month.

I have a question though, we all know the HRE falls apart waaay too early. Can anyone point me to a mod, or a file I can change (In the way there AI works, the Loyalty they get etc, anything really) to give them a better chance? They never make it without tearing apart, past 1120

EDIT: And somehow I double posted...delete the other one. This one...I favour this one.

Portugal is only one province because i deemed other areas more important for splitting/adding provinces. If your going to come out with a one liner like "However, be warned BKB feels...incomplete in comparison" have some better reasons to back up your play mate because that "incomplete in comparison" line makes you sound like a bit of a [hmm...which way do I hold these scissors...ah ha...snip]. If your a modder of any kind i'm sure you understand the hard work that goes into modding. [snip..it works!]

Let's keep it friendly -TBN
    Last edited by Søren; April 11, 2006 at 01:20 PM. Reason: trolls
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

[hugs him]

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam

I currently have BKB Mod installed at the moment although I haven't been playing MTW lately. Both mods are great
    I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required.

Scar Face's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BKB
    Portugal is only one province because i deemed other areas more important for splitting/adding provinces. If your going to come out with a one liner like "However, be warned BKB feels...incomplete in comparison" have some better reasons to back up your play mate because that "incomplete in comparison" line makes you sound like a bit of a [hmm...which way do I hold these scissors...ah ha...snip]. If your a modder of any kind i'm sure you understand the hard work that goes into modding. [snip..it works!]
    Wow...dont get so hostile. I like BKB I just mean't that the colours are a little ify, provinces are more rigid and it looks like a late beta, that needs a few fixes. Not that it plays like a beta, I just couldn't shake the feeling, when looking at france and see some provinces looking really funky, it wasn't a one liner anyways, I said 2-3 lines did I not? I thoght it was werid, because about half of Portugal was held by the Muslims at game start, yet there was only one province. Im not being a prick, BKB is a good mod, XL just seems more polished. You coming at me like this, even though I didn't explain myself properly makes YOU come off as a prick.

EDIT: And yes, I do mod various games, im not fantastic at it, but I know how hard it is. I meant no insult.
    Last edited by Proximus; May 21, 2006 at 10:40 AM.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

I have both mods installed.

I play XL when I want nothing much changed, and stability. Overall, I consider it a complete package.
    For the BKB mod, I like it better, because there are tons and tons of units and new provinces. The big minus is the pixelated campaign map, which I dislike much.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

BKB:

What ever happened to your Ottoman Invasion mod? Looked cool but I don't know if its released or not yet.
    Blut und Boden

The Ottoman invasion mod kinda died. I was using Komminos early released Greek map for his great Hellenic mod. The mod worked to a degree but i didn't have the time to iron out the bugs. Age of Warlords looks like it might take a while but it should be out soon and there are not many bugs left to find so maybe August for a Beta, maybe earlier

[hugs him]

Curb Your Enthusiam

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

congratulations both mods (excuse my english). I prefer BKB although i have CTDs (think its because i have MtW in spanish).
    BTW and of topic, how can i reskin some units? (i know its of topic, but looks to me like the right topics for this question are dead, i´m really sorry)

Mate the Spanish problems can be ironed out easily enough if you paste all the files from the 'Eng' folder into it.

As for reskinning, well its very difficult for Medieval, far more so than for Rome. I never learned how to do it.

[hugs him]

Curb Your Enthusiam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast