Thread: Ninja Sword

Default Ninja Sword

Does anyone think that they could make the kisho ninja katanas into the correct ninjato? It would make the game a little more immersive and accurate. I absolutely love kisho ninja but the sword irks me every time I see it.

Smirk's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Ninja Sword

Unfortunately it won't work.

The sword (and scabbard) exist in the warscape equipment list but they don't work properly.

If you give battlefield units the Ninja sword, the scabbard appears correctly on their backs but the sword appears NEXT to it on its side. The unit's hands then hold an invisible sword.

Shame.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

The ninjato is not historicly correct so no i would not like to see that happen.
    Usage of ninjato by ninja has never been proved or found but is something Hollywood has introduced.
    Ninja of the time used a large variety of weapons ninjato not being one of them most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose09 View Post
    Does anyone think that they could make the kisho ninja katanas into the correct ninjato? It would make the game a little more immersive and accurate. I absolutely love kisho ninja but the sword irks me every time I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kami View Post
    The ninjato is not historicly correct so no i would not like to see that happen.
    Usage of ninjato by ninja has never been proved or found but is something Hollywood has introduced.
    Ninja of the time used a large variety of weapons ninjato not being one of them most likely.
    True, the higher quality of Katana's would have been enough for a Ninja to use.

Ah I was not aware of that. Still, makes me sad that it can't be done, I love the idea. I feel ashamed about the ninjato. I AM JAPANESE and I did not know that lol