Has anyone read the Emberverse series by S. M. Stirling? Given the nature of the books I'd imagine they'd be pretty easy to implement to a RTW mod....
- There's a tutorial somewhere on how to get real life maps and convert them to rtw strat_maps. All we'd need to do is pick the right part of Oregan, Washington & Idaho.
- Factions are pretty clearly laid out as The PPA, The Bearkillers, The Mackenzies, Mount Angel, Corvallis, the Dunedain & CORA.
- Units & Models could be sourced (with permission) from other mods. Norman Invasion & FATW are particular favourites of mine & between them, I think you could get them all... Plus the modwrights are very awesome people
- The unit rosters for each faction would be fairly limited, which would just make for a more faction specific playing style & less emphasis on fancy units, more emphasis on tactics both strategically & on the battlefield (this has always been a contention of mine with many mods - too many units & unit types negates the focus on stategy imo)
- 2D art would need doing, which I can't even begin to fathom...
- More info here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emberverse_series
I've got a heap more ideas but no point listing it all if there wouldn't be an audience. So what does everybody think?