Thread: ACBI 1: Questions Topic and Feedback

Arbaces's Avatar Miles

Default ACBI 1: Questions Topic and Feedback

FEEDBACK

You can ask any kind of questions here, leave short impressions about the game and anything else. If you want to help me with leaving more detailed impressions and suggestions, it would be better to use the ACBI 1: User Reviews Topic (Quiz) topic but nonetheless this would make me real happy and more clever in improving the game to your wishes.

Primicerius
    Invercargill, te grymm und frostbittern zouth.

I take it this isn't a realism mod?

Arbaces's Avatar Miles

Main step which I made in 1.0 for realism was to expand the map to the north. There are many things which I added to improve realism (such as the recruiting system) and in the future I'll try to bring some additional historical accuracy too (also added a lot of historical stuff in 1.0, such as the Moorish faction, Slavs, etc - but don't expect a sharp historical accuracy for recruitable units in 1.0). It's my view of realism, history and gameplay.

I don't want to be a nitpic but why is Iceland so small on the map?

Denmark: 43 070 km(2)
    Iceland: 103 000 km(2)

Of course this could be becaus of mapping problems.
    Ever had Problems when trying to find some good sites about a special period in history on Google?
    Then try looking if the site you need is in Links to History.

Arbaces's Avatar Miles

Mapping problems.. yes! I guess I haven't scaled it correctly from google maps and also a larger island with one region can cause additional AI :wub:ness, I will try to correct this in future versions maybe. Thanks for suggestion . Never been a good geographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbaces
    Mapping problems.. yes! I guess I haven't scaled it correctly from google maps and also a larger island with one region can cause additional AI :wub:ness, I will try to correct this in future versions maybe. Thanks for suggestion . Never been a good geographer.
    Nevermind, was just wondering.

But I can assure you that you have my full support in this project. (like that is good? )

And well... I made a little sig for your mod. :wink:

Last edited by Jan Taihwo; February 28, 2006 at 09:44 AM.
    Ever had Problems when trying to find some good sites about a special period in history on Google?
    Then try looking if the site you need is in Links to History.

Arbaces's Avatar Miles

Nice banner Jan-Taihwo. Thanks a lot.

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

this mod looks good

and I must say that is a very nice looking map. good luck
    if you're interested, I did a total faction reskin based on AR's, my skins aren't as historically accurate or as good as his but at least it makes them compatible (I couldn't stand looking at CA skins bedide ARs) if ur interested its free to use.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Tzar Vladimir's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: ACBI 1: Questions Topic and Feedback

Strange thing happens to me: AC BI 1.0b works well, then I install 1.0c patch and game began to kick me to windows from the AC BI loading screen, but when I install 1.0b again (over 1.0c!), it starts to work with the new units and skins. ?!.

Arbaces's Avatar Miles

Perhaps you installed ACBI 1.0C wrong. Try this again. Install a clean BI 1.6, when installing ACBI 1.0C make sure you install it into the default rtw folder (this means "x:\Games\Rome Total War" , "x:\Games\Rome Total War\bi" is incorrect) and that you confirm all changes. Also make sure you let the batch files do their work so that you won't have any kind of foolishness inside . If you thinks works ok now, then it's good also.

Farewell,
    Arbaces.

Tzar Vladimir's Avatar Laetus

The feedback::
    This mod is a surely best one (for me)!! I'll stay in it for a very long time.
    Of course, the saxon fleet at the start is crazynumbered, bankrupting this faction lethally within a few moves and destroying the naval balance in the north seas 'till the end of campaign. But this may be easily fixed.
    Units of both Roman factions, Sassanids, Franks and Celts are so amazing!!! What a pitty, that units of the most of barbarian factions aren't so geniously reworked by You. This makes a mod looking half-done, but, as I believe, all's in future...
    Great thanks for a numerous nice-looking maps for custom battles.
    I love the mod, its new map, artmork, musik and its fresh feeling!
    Good luck with AOD:TW !

Just downloaded and tried it. Great work! I'm playing as the Celts and clearly a great deal of thought has gone into the gameplay. Can't wait for the next version.