Thread: Any way to forct unit use certain weapon??

Roderna's Avatar Libertus

Default Any way to forct unit use certain weapon??

I am trying to create an animation type that makes unit ranged with musket and melee with yari..
    Code:
    animation_table shogun_woman_rocket
    {
        skeleton_type    man_shogun

fragment    shogun_man_unarmed_fragment
        fragment    shogun_woman_musket_fragment                        default_equipment_display = primary_weapon, secondary_weapon, ambient

fragment    shogun_woman_yari_pike_combat_fragment                    default_equipment_display = primary_weapon, secondary_weapon, ambient
        fragment    shogun_woman_rocket_combat_fragment                default_equipment_display = primary_weapon, secondary_weapon, ambient
    }
    Add primary_weapon =on/off works,but I want it to place yari on the back when using musket instead of make it disappear.And I cant find a way to do that.Tried to use equipment_usage, but couldn't find any keyword of musket or such.

Default Re: Any way to forct unit use certain weapon??

ask
    Yarkis de Bodemloze i think he already done it in his mod the mod is trom i dont know full name

Quote Originally Posted by forcerecon569 View Post
    ask
    Yarkis de Bodemloze i think he already done it in his mod the mod is trom i dont know full name
    Well,he doesn't actually did it.Just because the musket is attached to yari and so hard to see.
    Attachment 157223
    Attachment 157224
    In fact,the musket still shows when standing.In his animation,he replaced the combat ready anime to shogun_yari, using shogun_yari_combat(nothing different,he just change the file name) and modded musket_combat(hide the primary weapon,which is long_yari). That's not what I am looking for.
    Last edited by Roderna; April 21, 2011 at 05:34 AM.

Thanks for pointing that out. Will get fixed in the next version. But I don't kown how to make weapons appear on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. Will get fixed in the next version. But I don't kown how to make weapons appear on the back.
    Code:
    version 1

// SHOGUN2 TABLES

// WOMAN -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

animation_table shogun_woman_rocket
    {
        skeleton_type    man_shogun

fragment    shogun_man_unarmed_fragment
        fragment    shogun_woman_musket_fragment                        default_equipment_display = primary_weapon, ambient

fragment    shogun_woman_rocket_combat_fragment                    default_equipment_display = primary_weapon, ambient
        fragment    shogun_woman_yari_combat_fragment                    default_equipment_display = secondary_weapon, ambient
    }
    My solution for now. default_equipment_display is like a global primary_weapon = on/off for the whole animation set. This animation will use musket by default, melee combat hide musket and change weapon to yari. Hence I doesn't like it, a yari come from nowhere, doesn't make any sense.

It seems the game have way to know what type of weapon it is. I have tried to force the game use priest_staff for yari combat anime, but it seems clever enough to know priest_staff is katana like weapon and use empty hand to fight, even I changed to equipment_usage = katana. Start to wonder if there is a table somewhere to define that.
    Last edited by Roderna; April 21, 2011 at 05:54 AM.

I think the track that Primary secondary weapon ambient etc is where the spare weapon apears from, depending on the animation fragments.

Ive tinked with my ahigaru so they fight improvised (no katana) when i tried giving em yari briefly they held it in bow hand with bow - bit too ninja for peasants.

Btw animation_table shogun_woman_rocket sounds tasty hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    I think the track that Primary secondary weapon ambient etc is where the spare weapon apears from, depending on the animation fragments.

Ive tinked with my ahigaru so they fight improvised (no katana) when i tried giving em yari briefly they held it in bow hand with bow - bit too ninja for peasants.

Btw animation_table shogun_woman_rocket sounds tasty hehe.
    Because I use Onna Bushi as my new unit's model....
    Attachment 158410Attachment 158411Attachment 158412

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

So are you going to make a tut on how you did that Roderna for all us other poor saps that were wondering the same thing?
    We could try to decipher what was being talked about in this thread but for some (like me) it just flies over our head. Gotta break it down in simple terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    So are you going to make a tut on how you did that Roderna for all us other poor saps that were wondering the same thing?
    We could try to decipher what was being talked about in this thread but for some (like me) it just flies over our head. Gotta break it down in simple terms.
    I didnt actually solve it.but just simply make 2nd weapon disappears...