Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: IB2 Britanniae III Mod Discussion

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: IB2 Britanniae Mod Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    There are a few trait attributes required also.
    Trait VictorRomanVirtue >= 3
    Im looking to make some of the common ancillaries transferable so you will be able to discard and obtain certain new or better ancillaries...Dont worry about the questions..keep them coming
    Good to know
    Would that trait "VictorRomanVirtue >=3" be 'British Isles Hero' or is it another which i have yet to get?
    Andd you did not answer my other quetion though, does he have to be in the Capital?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blip99 View Post
    Good to know
    Would that trait "VictorRomanVirtue >=3" be 'British Isles Hero' or is it another which i have yet to get?
    Andd you did not answer my other quetion though, does he have to be in the Capital?

Thanks
    For the more Roman Titles for High kings or the Amherawddyr
    That would be: VictorRomanVirtue >=3 Trait: Conqueror

For the Romano British such as Arthur Arth Ru
    VictorOthersVirtue >=3 Trait: Conquering_Hero

-I'm not positive if your leader has to be there in the capital... I'll test
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 13, 2011 at 04:11 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

For the more Roman Titles for High kings or the Amherawddyr
    That would be: VictorRomanVirtue >=3 Trait: Conqueror

For the Romano British such as Arthur Arth Ru
    VictorOthersVirtue >=3 Trait: Conquering_Hero

-I'm not positive if your leader has to be there in the capital... I'll test
    Thanks a bunch, yes Ambrosius has the Conqueror trait, i will see if he gets to be Rio.
    I can test it for you if you like, moving him to the capital i mean
    How will i know when he is Arthur? Is it a trait, ancillary or epithet?
    Thanks

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

I would like to say that this mod sounds, looks and plays awesome so far. I am enjoying it alot.

A few cons however (very minor) that i would like to point out just in case they havent already been noted:

-The Catuvellaun Kingdom's campaign map banner is either too bright or the color differentiation between the banner and the symbol is not enough, it is impossible for me to see the Chi Rho on the banner. also it is imposible to tell how full the stacks are because again the colors are too similar. i would hate to attack a stack thinking it is small and realize im up against a whole army

-certain factions have Muslim voices

-certain factions have no battlefield banners, nor unit card pictures, only place holder peasant dude...

looking forward to the next update, download, installment, etc... keep up the good work, i really like the skins especially and some of the music is fantastic.

oh and one question: i was hoping to add some more music to the files, but it appears that the descr_sounds_music file is nowhere to be seen. where can i find it? i found the actual music folder by extraction.
    Last edited by Pope Gregorius I; May 15, 2011 at 06:24 PM.
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Gregorius I View Post
    I would like to say that this mod sounds, looks and plays awesome so far. I am enjoying it alot.

A few cons however (very minor) that i would like to point out just in case they havent already been noted:

-The Catuvellaun Kingdom's campaign map banner is either too bright or the color differentiation between the banner and the symbol is not enough, it is impossible for me to see the Chi Rho on the banner. also it is imposible to tell how full the stacks are because again the colors are too similar. i would hate to attack a stack thinking it is small and realize im up against a whole army

-certain factions have Muslim voices

Musl

-certain factions have no battlefield banners, nor unit card pictures, only place holder peasant dude...

looking forward to the next update, download, installment, etc... keep up the good work, i really like the skins especially and some of the music is fantastic.

oh and one question: i was hoping to add some more music to the files, but it appears that the descr_sounds_music file is nowhere to be seen. where can i find it? i found the actual music folder by extraction.
    Thanks Pope Gregorius I
    Muslim voices? What factions? I think only the Thuringians have the accent. They are from the Mongol faction

-I think I got all the unit cards now in place with the new installer patch
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 15, 2011 at 09:27 PM.

Black_Nebula's Avatar Tiro

One thing I have noticed, having tried most of the factions, is that they become vasels very easily. The fist sign of trouble and they roll over and submit.
    One question, are there only certain settlements that can become cities?
    "I find your lack of faith...disturbing" -DV

Thanks Pope Gregorius I
    Muslim voices? What factions? I think only the Thuringians have the accent. They are from the Mongol faction

-I think I got all the unit cards now in place with the new installer patch
    oh well yes it is only them, you are right.

if the installer patch is Part 4, then no it appears as if they are not all there. im sorry i should clarify, when i say unit card i mean its second meaning of the picture on the little cards in the recruitment menu and in the army menu. the big unit info cards i think all have proper images.

any word on the music?
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

oh well yes it is only them, you are right.

if the installer patch is Part 4, then no it appears as if they are not all there. im sorry i should clarify, when i say unit card i mean its second meaning of the picture on the little cards in the recruitment menu and in the army menu. the big unit info cards i think all have proper images.

any word on the music?
    -For adding your own music just extract the the music idx and music dat files add and repack

-For adding your own music just extract the the music idx and music dat files add and repack
    right but to add music you still have to edit the descr_sounds_music text document...which i can not find at all.

right but to add music you still have to edit the descr_sounds_music text document...which i can not find at all.
    The game has a mixture of the Teutonic and Britannia campaign music files thus the issue with trying to edit the text files first. The only thing thats possible to do is to extract the the music idx and music dat files, add your music and then repack

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

How can you repack the files? xidx file?

EDIT:

Here, i've changed a little the interface:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Alkimachos; May 23, 2011 at 02:55 AM.

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Mulattothrasher's Avatar Vicarius

The work y'all have done on this mod is impressive! I love it a lot - glad to see new icons for the buildings, too. Custom battles helped me get a feel for some of the factions, and personally I enjoy the Dal Raidans and the Picts the best. Thanks for the hard work on the mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimachos View Post
    How can you repack the files? xidx file?

EDIT:

Here, i've changed a little the interface:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Beautiful work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulattothrasher View Post
    The work y'all have done on this mod is impressive! I love it a lot - glad to see new icons for the buildings, too. Custom battles helped me get a feel for some of the factions, and personally I enjoy the Dal Raidans and the Picts the best. Thanks for the hard work on the mod!
    We thanks
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 23, 2011 at 08:19 PM.

Awesome mod! But is it just me or is the Teulu a bit overpowered? 4 units of dugude could only kill 10 out of 66 teulu bodyguards.. the charge killed 300 of my dugude-units and then the 100 in the remaining unit only managed to kill 5-6 of them

The game has a mixture of the Teutonic and Britannia campaign music files thus the issue with trying to edit the text files first. The only thing thats possible to do is to extract the the music idx and music dat files, add your music and then repack
    alright ill do that then, but how do i repack im not familiar with that process

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmansk Tiger View Post
    Awesome mod! But is it just me or is the Teulu a bit overpowered? 4 units of dugude could only kill 10 out of 66 teulu bodyguards.. the charge killed 300 of my dugude-units and then the 100 in the remaining unit only managed to kill 5-6 of them
    Sounds a bit skewed. Did you use a shied wall?

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Waiting for a neew computer to get this

Sounds a bit skewed. Did you use a shied wall?
    yeah sure did, they fell like flies wether I used shield wall or not :/

Edit: They never seem to die either, despite taking alot of battering
    Last edited by Tasmansk Tiger; May 27, 2011 at 04:20 PM.

I'll check this out. Thanks

alright ill do that then, but how do i repack im not familiar with that process
    After they are extracted within your sounds folder you will now see a music folder. Change the music within it accordingly. then deleted your idx and dat music files. load up the game and the idx and dat files will regenerate. The new music will therefor be within the music dat and indix file and playing the tunes with your uploaded game. With Vista they are regenerated in ''compatible'', virtual folder so you will eventually need to manually take them out of that folder and place them in your mods sounds folder

Will check it out..thanks
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 27, 2011 at 10:56 PM.