Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: IB2 Britanniae III Mod Discussion

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: IB2 Conqvestvs Britanniae Beta Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Great feed back and we thanks

-Most likely I'll slightly tone down the difficulty..but slightly by lowering upkeep 10-15%Warlords by 15-20%
    -We may have a final patch out soon(for awhile)in the installer form replacing the last one with a few more additions, corrections, and tweaks. I want to keep the game difficult but at the same time enjoyable to play
    I agree with the comments but would rather see the AI made harder to develop large armies than the player made easier, if that's possible. Large armies would not have been realistic given the time frame of the mod and fighting battle after battle against waves of enemy is just not enjoyable. Far better to emphasis developing the economy in order to build mighty well armed forces and then big battles become more decisive. At the moment in my campaign at hard settings with the Roman British, I am struggling to develop and maintain a decent size army, whilst those of my neighbours are growing at a rapid rate.

Also are any more of the buildings on the battle map going to be changed in a patch, as those with tall chimneys belching smoke in my towns are too obtrusive to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    I agree with the comments but would rather see the AI made harder to develop large armies than the player made easier, if that's possible. Large armies would not have been realistic given the time frame of the mod and fighting battle after battle against waves of enemy is just not enjoyable. Far better to emphasis developing the economy in order to build mighty well armed forces and then big battles become more decisive. At the moment in my campaign at hard settings with the Roman British, I am struggling to develop and maintain a decent size army, whilst those of my neighbours are growing at a rapid rate.

Also are any more of the buildings on the battle map going to be changed in a patch, as those with tall chimneys belching smoke in my towns are too obtrusive to ignore.

Unfortunately no to the smoking chimneys unless there a divine intervention very quickly..but this sometimes does happen. We hopefully(soon) can figure a way to change certain ingame battle textures. Some at the moment, we have changed but certain medieval structures at the moment we haven't been able to modify...or even find.

I'll see what I can do about the large AI armies but its a very tricky thing with MTW2. The AI doesn't have our same capacity as our mental prowesses that allow us to adapt and readily change, thus it still needs to cheat. It just a basic fact so this will always be the case until creative assembly brings in the jeopardy computer brain as the AI. I'll adjust what I can in cause I agree its a bit too ahistorical but keep in mind its imperative for the AI to have these advantages.
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 04, 2011 at 08:03 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Are there gonna be happiness buildings like tavern for the Ui Neill?
    Roma, Acta est Fabula
    Released! version 0.9B of the mayor overhaul mod for IB2 Vandalorum

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

Could you please explain to me how i can get good ol' Ambrosius to become Arthur (ard ri) ??? I saw there is a thread dedicated to that, but it still explains it as a WIP. Is there now an actual pathway i can follow to get this? At the moment, his full title is "Regnum Britannium King Ambrosius Victor" (i mention again that the reg britanium before the name is a bit of a mouthfull )
    Thanks

Blip

ATN's Avatar Civis

As the Saxons and Angles have lots of spear units, would it be possible to add some variety to their armament by giving Angon throwers a langseax instead of spear?

Quote Originally Posted by blip99 View Post
    Could you please explain to me how i can get good ol' Ambrosius to become Arthur (ard ri) ??? I saw there is a thread dedicated to that, but it still explains it as a WIP. Is there now an actual pathway i can follow to get this? At the moment, his full title is "Regnum Britannium King Ambrosius Victor" (i mention again that the reg britanium before the name is a bit of a mouthfull )
    Thanks

I'll chaned some of those titles

Blip
    Heres the ancillary trigger and trait attibute needed:

-I'll explain in more detail later today
    and fix some of the long winded titles

-Here are two examples of the more Roman-Romano type high kings
    The one below has to do w/the Regnum Britanniae(Dumunnia) faction

Riothamus:The title Celtic base: "high king" rig- "king"; thamus "highest
    Culture: Southern European (Roman or as in Regnum Britanniae-Roman/British)

Riothamus
    Trigger trigger_riothamus
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition EndedInSettlement
    and IsFactionLeader
    and RemainingMPPercentage > 50
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= barb_arth_ru_hall
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= roundtable
    and Trait VictorRomanVirtue >= 3
    and IsGeneral
    and FactionType russia ;Dunmmonia
    AcquireAncillary riothamus chance 66

The title Celtic base: "high king" rig- "king"; thamus "highest
    thus, the High King pronounced king Arthamus. Its my opinion that its a Romano title for Ard Ri as Arthur: Ard Ri-pronounced Arth Ru thus the Romano British form Arthur, is also a title for the Romano culture Dummonia and the regions in Gaul

Riothamus is for only the Dummonia faction. He is the historical British King mentioned by Sidonius Apollinaris of Lyon campaigning in Gaul against the Saxons around 469AD
    -''Riothamus is mentioned in two Latin works, a letter to him from Sidonius Apollinaris of Lyon, and Jordanes's Origins and Deeds of the Goths''

Vortimer :The title Celtic base: Highest King
    Culture: Southern European (Roman or as in Catuvellauni Roman/British)

Vortimore(Vortimer)
    Trigger trigger_vortimor
    and IsFactionLeader
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= palace
    and IsGeneral
    and FactionType hungary
    AcquireAncillary vortimor chance 66

Vortimer (Welsh: Gwerthefyr) is a figure in British tradition, a son of the 5th-century Britonnic ruler Vortigern. He is remembered for his fierce opposition to his father's Saxon allies. In Geoffrey of Monmouth's Historia Regum Britanniae, he overthrows his father and reigns as King of Britain for a brief period before his death restores Vortigern to power.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WIP ADDING: Its already in the game but not finalized

Amherawddyr-Imperator-Emperor. As in the Llongborth poem
    Culture: Southern European (Roman or as in the Dummonia or Catuvellauni Roman/British)

Amherawddyr
    Trigger trigger_amherawddyr
    and IsFactionLeader
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= roundtable
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= regenum_court
    and IsGeneral
    AcquireAncillary amherawddyr chance 66

''In recognition for his deeds Aurelianus was proclaimed in the Roman fashion Amherawddyr, which was the Brythonic pronunciation of the title Imperator. To the Romano-British the title Amherawddyr took on grand connotations, becoming a title meaning High King of Britain and Supreme Commander. While his authority was not universal, Ambrosius Aurelianus held sway over many of the Romano-British kingdoms and became a great terror to the Eotenas and their allies.''
    Quoted from here:http://wildfiregames.com/0ad/page.php?p=11537
    -Much to I agree

Amherawddyr will only be for the Dummonia and Catuvellauni faction,(a step above Riothamus and the Vortimore ancillary and all the other high King Ancillaries) It is the restorer of Roman Glory back to Britain.
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 07, 2011 at 11:04 AM.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Thanks Rio, hope there will be some way to mod these buildings as these late medieval type cities don't really match the era of the mod. Is it possible to import some of the Roman buildings from RTW I assume the EB team are currently working on this problem. As Medieval 2 has been out so long you forget that many of the limitations in modding have only recently been overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by ATN View Post
    As the Saxons and Angles have lots of spear units, would it be possible to add some variety to their armament by giving Angon throwers a langseax instead of spear?
    It would also be nice to give them a bit more colour on the shields as well. The Germanics seem a rather dowdy lot when compared to the Roman Britons. Its nice to see a great variation of shield colours clashing in a battle and makes them more visually interesting.
    Last edited by caratacus; May 08, 2011 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    Thanks Rio, hope there will be some way to mod these buildings as these late medieval type cities don't really match the era of the mod. Is it possible to import some of the Roman buildings from RTW I assume the EB team are currently working on this problem. As Medieval 2 has been out so long you forget that many of the limitations in modding have only recently been overcome.

It would also be nice to give them a bit more colour on the shields as well. The Germanics seem a rather dowdy lot when compared to the Roman Britons. Its nice to see a great variation of shield colours clashing in a battle. I recoloured these Angon Thrower' shields as well as those of the Fres Uthere and it makes the battles with the Angli a little more visually interesting.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You forget EB has 40 modders to our 4. I'm not saying that its impossible to change the in game battle buildings but what I said is we have made some small steps in this direction and there is the possibility of certain aspects of this is hardcoded...but we are not ruling out. We plan on overcoming most of the issue. Last we checked I think it was a fantasy mod that made changes. I'm not aware of RTW buildings implemented within MTW2 but will keep our eyes open to any possibilities..Will look to see what EB is doing in this regard..let us know if you cme upn any progressive info caratacus

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Inanimatus View Post
    Are there gonna be happiness buildings like tavern for the Ui Neill?
    Looking into it
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 07, 2011 at 01:54 PM.

Looking into it
    ok thanks alot
    Roma, Acta est Fabula
    Released! version 0.9B of the mayor overhaul mod for IB2 Vandalorum

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Inanimatus View Post
    ok thanks alot
    Ok they now have the tavern and inn

Default Re: IB2 Britanniae Mod Discussion

Thanks Rio
    Are there any more plans for factions? i think that a couple more in Britain would even things up a bit more, no 'superpowers'.

EDIT:
    Oh and i just thought i'd say, Congratulations on releasing the first solely Dark Age mod for Med2
    Last edited by Merula; May 08, 2011 at 06:44 AM.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

IB2 team you do it agian!

So far I have played three factions (lost with all of them!) and I love it. the only thing I would like to ask is through beta updates For the faction Eburc (my favorite faction in ATW) do you plan to have them with less generic units, like the Campwer and Alue? In ATW there alue has A awesome shield and there Campwer look more roman due to the fact it was the military capital or roman britain.

That said I know this is A beta and I know this is not ATW 2 your mod is Really Really very good and I will be happy with what ever you guys chose to do.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Thanks Rio
    Are there any more plans for factions? i think that a couple more in Britain would even things up a bit more, no 'superpowers'.

EDIT:
    Oh and i just thought i'd say, Congratulations on releasing the first solely Dark Age mod for Med2

-First Dark Age mod?.. We thanks ya blip99
    Well the Jutes are on the list and Rheged In Britanniae. The Jutes would hold regions in Jutland and in Britain along side the Saxons This will be tricky cause their extremely close ties with the Saxons. Something certainly would need to be scripted. This unfortunately will have to wait several months until can we refocus our attention back this way after the release of the final part 4 install along with some serious tightening up and more diversity with the units.

Quote Originally Posted by legio_XX View Post
    IB2 team you do it agian!

So far I have played three factions (lost with all of them!) and I love it. the only thing I would like to ask is through beta updates For the faction Eburc (my favorite faction in ATW) do you plan to have them with less generic units, like the Campwer and Alue? In ATW there alue has A awesome shield and there Campwer look more roman due to the fact it was the military capital or roman britain.

That said I know this is A beta and I know this is not ATW 2 your mod is Really Really very good and I will be happy with what ever you guys chose to do.
    HI legio_XX Nice to see ya this way

Yes, Ebrauc deserves more attention in this regard but we will get to em eventually.
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 08, 2011 at 05:18 PM.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

HI legio_XX Nice to see ya this way

Yes, Ebrauc deserves more attention in this regard but we will get to em eventually.
    YAY! thats all I ask thanks for the quick response mate!
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

-First Dark Age mod?.. We thanks ya blip99
    Well the Jutes are on the list and Rheged In Britanniae. The Jutes would hold regions in Jutland and in Britain along side the Saxons This will be tricky cause their extremely close ties with the Saxons. Something certainly would need to be scripted. This unfortunately will have to wait several months until can we refocus our attention back this way after the release of the final part 4 install along with some serious tightening up and more diversity with the units.
    Yes i believe it is actually, Sicilian Vespers has a dark age campaign, but it is still very beta and that mod isnt just dark ages as well (they have early middle high medieval) so i think the title goes to you, beating 'The Last Kingdom' team by a matter of weeks unless there is some obscure russian mod or something i havent heard of
    I definently think that Rheged and the Jutes are needed, but how about another couple of britain factions, maybe one in wales? Elmet? maybe even two saxon factions if you want to be inavative!
    Just suggestions

IRC The Economy of Northern Britain was military dependant without money from Rome The Eburacum was not able to maintain the infrastructure left by comitanensis taken by Stylicho and Constantine III, nor to raise heavily armed full time professional troops. All they have were north of wall foederati units from Gododin, some limitanei who decided to get 100% native and stayed behind in 406 AD and cities militia. BTW Milites the most roman looking unit in Eburac service are only avaible when you demolish your Roman goverment building and go full fuedal. Maybe it shud be implemented in some factions from the start I don't see the chance for Gwyned fe the state formed by Foederati from North of wall in least romanised part of Cambria to go full Roman unless Belisarius woud land there . Gwent who traded with Cosntantinople like Dunmonia yes, it was fun to play in ATW. Of course it is thirty years before ATW begun so the lesser number of factions and better infrastrucure is justified.
    P.S congratulations on release.

Just seen this release, been away from my PC for a while. I am downloading. All in all a very interesting period in history and to me probably the most interesting campaign map. That part of the world I mean. Very nice work, I do approve and will not veto the mod.
    Last edited by Sarisophoros; May 12, 2011 at 04:04 AM.

Ok so im ready for good ol' Ambrosius to become Riothamus or High King or whatever he gets (built the Arhmedhamdmehaeh-whatsit palace ) and i have just realised that he already has 8 ancillaries, and can not get rid of them!! Does this mean Ambi doesnt get the crown? :O is there anyway to get rid of these ancs so it can happen? oh, and does he have to be in the capital to get the title?

Thanks, and i promise this is my last question for a bit haha

Ok so im ready for good ol' Ambrosius to become Riothamus or High King or whatever he gets (built the Arhmedhamdmehaeh-whatsit palace ) and i have just realised that he already has 8 ancillaries, and can not get rid of them!! Does this mean Ambi doesnt get the crown? :O is there anyway to get rid of these ancs so it can happen? oh, and does he have to be in the capital to get the title?

Thanks, and i promise this is my last question for a bit haha
    There are a few trait attributes required also.
    Trait VictorRomanVirtue >= 3
    Im looking to make some of the common ancillaries transferable so you will be able to discard and obtain certain new or better ancillaries...Dont worry about the questions..keep them coming
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 12, 2011 at 05:28 PM.

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Great mod, great music!

Well done guys! Well done!

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum