Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1112

Thread: IB2 Britanniae III Mod Discussion

Foederatus

Default Re: IB2 Britanniae II Mod Discussion

Thank for the tips, I'll try those guys. With the Alemani I was doing somewhat good, once I came to grips I had to actually fund an army before I raised it, and had good growth\happiness buildings, to be honest managing is actually important now, not in normal total war fashion only thing that confuses me is the new building order and laws, I might try to re read some of the descriptions here on the forums but I was wish there was a pop up\annoucement at the start of the campaign with a little schematic of the main stuff that I could keep open, or something

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. If you load a save, the minimized description window should remain there for the player to check anytime.

I'm working on explanatory building trees, which should make the building order clearer. I'll add them to the strategy guides. I hope to finish and upload the first set of trees during the Easter long weekend (18/4-21/4/14).

Quote Originally Posted by Theramines View Post
    I'm working on explanatory building trees, which should make the building order clearer. I'll add them to the strategy guides. I hope to finish and upload the first set of trees during the Easter long weekend (18/4-21/4/14).
    Great work!!

I'll be advertising the Britanniae Mod on the TWC front page by the end of this weekend

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Default Re: IB2 Britanniae III Mod Discussion

Aethelstan has made some wonderful portraits that I can easily add to an optional install but he has gone awol on us again so I'm not sure when he will be back so we can add them. Rhalina, our biggest little helper has an optional EDU for this game and I highly recommend it. I'll be adding it in a few days.

Guys, sorry if it sounds silly, is this mod meant to be in Rome 2?

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kokito View Post
    Guys, sorry if it sounds silly, is this mod meant to be in Rome 2?
    strictly for kingdoms. Welcome to the forum.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Laughing..I know I shouldn't be but that is funny. But we all at one time or another get confused.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Maybe he was suggesting that this mod should be for Rome II.

Cheers

Thanks! I was confused if this mod was going for Kingdoms or Rome II, thanks for the clarification, and indeed to be honest, graphically I would like to see this wonderful mod for Rome II but that is just my opinion, keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kokito View Post
    Thanks! I was confused if this mod was going for Kingdoms or Rome II, thanks for the clarification, and indeed to be honest, graphically I would like to see this wonderful mod for Rome II but that is just my opinion, keep it up!
    We may make it up that way some day. We thank you Kokito

Hi! I downloaded and installed the mod recently here(altough I have downloaded this mod many times before) and my descr_sounds_accents.txt file have all factions in the Mediterranean column. So what I want to do is swapping them manually so I can have the factions in their most immersive column, but the problem is I don't know which faction is which :/ so I wonder.. is there any chance u have some info of which faction is who? (I hope u understand what I mean)

Quote Originally Posted by Jolenko View Post
    Hi! I downloaded and installed the mod recently here(altough I have downloaded this mod many times before) and my descr_sounds_accents.txt file have all factions in the Mediterranean column. So what I want to do is swapping them manually so I can have the factions in their most immersive column, but the problem is I don't know which faction is which :/ so I wonder.. is there any chance u have some info of which faction is who? (I hope u understand what I mean)
    Hi Jolenko Thank You for your interests here. For the accents to change it unfortunately takes more than just changing descr_sounds_accents.txt file. Its an aspect quite annoying for the accents are not accurate as we want them to be. One thing to know is that The descr_sm_factions factions listed will dictate their accent. We tried to move them around to get the most accurate accents possible. Now if someone new how to edit all the correct files and regenerate the sounds folder files for us, then this would make me jump for joy

I understand, thx for your response! Hope that someone will be able to figure it out

If i'd like to figure it out, i'd go search for the starting generals and towns. You know which settlements belongs to which faction so you can match the factions with the faction names in the txt-s.

That I didn't think of.. thx, gonna try that out!

Those who play with Thuringians and cannot use ships (because they are the mongols who cannot use naval units in M2TW:Kingdoms) to attack the Jutes and the British isles, can use this:
    1. select your army that you want to transport (i transported armies only, and with generals only)
    2. place your cursor to where you want your army to be transported (for example Kent)
    3. bring down your console (with my Hungarian keyboard it's the button Ö next to 9, the English standard is 0 as far as i know. That might have a tilde ~ on it)
    4. type in this
    show_cursorstat
    and hit enter. it gives you the coordinates like 266,121
    5. now if i want to move my king called King Merwig to Kent (southeast to London) in this case i have to type in Merwig, without his title.
    move_character Merwig 266, 121
    and hit enter (he should then be right there in Kent county)
    notice that you must leave a space between the x coordinate and a comma aaaand the y coordinate, like this
    x,PUTASPACEHEREy
    if it is a single name you don't have to put the name Flodoard between "THESE" but i don't think it would cause a problem if you still did like this "Flodoard"
    if you have to move a general (and his army) with several names, you have to play with it like "1st last" or "1st_last" or "1st 2nd_3rd" or ... etc etc even if the name doesn't have _ in it...until the console stops saying err:character not found

this is also good if you want to reach a princess with your diplomat and he doesn't seem like going faster than her, but i didn't try this with agents yet.
    Last edited by benczeb90; October 24, 2014 at 07:52 AM.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

That means cheating, if you can't attack the Jutes you can't. To be more polite, instead of cheating I accuse you of teleporting. Wow the Thuringians where advanced.

Cheers

What makes the Alemanni more capable of invading Britannia than the Thuringi?

Cheetos