Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3284344454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1112

Thread: IB2 Britanniae III Mod Discussion

Default Re: IB2 Britanniae II Mod Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by benczeb90 View Post
    Lol yes it ain't much of a problem for me either I'm surprised tho, to see other people thinking the same
    Guys are killing me!! lol

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

The mod is too good Rio, so this puts these bugs in an unusual perspective

Although, we're not saying that these bugs have to remain in the game forever. But um ... these 'features' that come from these bugs can even become a special, difficulty increasing optional installment later on, after you guys correct these bugs somehow and make the corrected version the default option. Just a thought
    Last edited by benczeb90; December 08, 2013 at 03:41 AM.

The mod is too good Rio, so this puts these bugs in an unusual perspective

Although, we're not saying that these bugs have to remain in the game forever. But um ... these 'features' that come from these bugs can even become a special, difficulty increasing optional installment later on, after you guys correct these bugs somehow and make the corrected version the default option. Just a thought
    We thank You benczeb0...Interesting thoughts

I noticed something. There are factions, where there are some settlements where recruiting and retraining troops are different from usual.
    -In most factions, in most settlements no additional retraining turn is needed (after recruiting for example an elite unit, but with 0 experience). So the troops are recruited with the appropriate experience points.
    -In a few factions (that i've played with) there are some settlements, where sometimes (Civitas Nemetum - Alemanni) or all the time (Roman big cities - with older mod version) there is one additional retraining turn needed to train them to the appropriate experience level, after recruiting them.
    My problem is: I got used to the additional turn needed with the Romans. It was a permanent necessity, like one more recruitment turn. But now, with the Alemanni, this isn't permanent.
    -Sometimes i don't have to retrain them after recruiting,
    -sometimes i have to, and it succeeds,
    -but sometimes they just don't get retrained and remain with 0 experience. So i have to send them to Argentoratum. But this is - like i said - not a permanent problem.
    I don't get it really. I thought this is for the Romans only but it works for them permanently so it's all good there.

Not too shure if I did understand everything. Maybe you can specify if I jumped on the wrong train here.

As far as I know, there´s two points on that topic that have to be considered.
    1. Troops that need more than 1 turn to recruit will start with 0 enhancements (exp., armour).
    2. Troops that you ordered before a reload, will also have 0 upgrades.

Are you shure the upgrades are really available in all places you recruit in?
    So are your "working ones" - single turn recruitments?
    Both are vanilla issues. There is a fix/workarround for 1. though. But I´ve forgotten about it.
    Maybe I can find it again. Anyone can help?

I don't understand the 2. point. I'm not an native English speaker either lol.

-Are you shure the upgrades are really available in all places you recruit in?
    > Yes. I wouldn't expect any experience points if it weren't possible in the first place.
    -So are your "working ones" - single turn recruitments?
    > All sorts.

I played today. The problem did not occur. Maybe it's because of that 2. point which i did not quite understand. The problem seems to occur in one settlement playing with the Alemanni. I remember it occured with the Romans when i played with them half a year ago. And even in that single settlement this problem seems to be random. The next time i experience this, i'll be more aware the the situation and will remember more details to help explaining and resolving this matter.

I don't understand the 2. point. I'm not an native English speaker either lol.

I played today. The problem did not occur. Maybe it's because of that 2. point which i did not quite understand. The problem seems to occur in one settlement playing with the Alemanni. I remember it occured with the Romans when i played with them half a year ago. And even in that single settlement this problem seems to be random. The next time i experience this, i'll be more aware the the situation and will remember more details to help explaining and resolving this matter.
    Yes, please keep reporting, feedback is heart and soul of moding!

On point 2. - If you order troops to be built, save the game and later reload your save game, then all that troops will be built with 0 upgrades.

The issues you describe seem strange - I´ll have a look at this.

Thanks for the explanation Though this way i could understand this side effect of saving-loading the game on the behavior of recruitment, but it doesn't explain why did it only occur from time to time in just one city (Civitas Nemetum) in my Alemanni campaign when i recruited units for example in the capital as well, and in Mogontiacum, in every single turn, not just C. Nemetum. This is why it's strange.

Quick question: as Llydaw, I can recruit British legionaries only in certain settlement. Is there an overview/rule of thumb to where I can recruit them?

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Licker View Post
    Quick question: as Llydaw, I can recruit British legionaries only in certain settlement. Is there an overview/rule of thumb to where I can recruit them?
    The ability to recruit British Legions is bound to factions (of course) and a hidden resource. They should be available in roman-british cities and only there.

Thats the rule of thumb I can offer. If you want details you may have to dig into the files yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Licker View Post
    As the Llydaw faction they are only privy to Brittany capital. You must conquer lands(lager settlements-capitals) in Britain itself to recruit them...as to what Aethelstan pretty much said
    Last edited by Riothamus; January 20, 2014 at 03:38 PM.

Domesticus

Whats been going on with IB2? Ive been busy with otherstuff, and the forums here dont run as good on my computer as they used to Hope its all going awesome!

Foederatus

I suck at managing in this mod, any good general tips? I'm pretty good at economy in SS

Quote Originally Posted by Grotista View Post
    I suck at managing in this mod, any good general tips? I'm pretty good at economy in SS
    We are woking on a strategy guide, by Theramines. Hopefully in the mean time someone can help you

Quote Originally Posted by Grotista View Post
    Phew, haven't played this in months, the only advise I can give is that you should find out which regions are profitable and worth building up economicially and which are not worth to invest in (builduing costs are really high). I think there's an explanation on buildings in one of the other threads that should give you a clue about build order and cultural assimilation of settlements (very important!)

Other people might advise you to keep low on generals because their upkeep is really high, but I think they are way too important as governors and on the battlefield. I rather have a general with just masses of cheap standard infantry than an army with good troops but no general.

--------------------------------
    Might want to start with one of the Irish factions. What do I have to do to build the Lia Fail? Most elite units are recuitable from there but I can't seem to build it. It also has no description and is supposed to give a growth bonus of 9,5? Is it supposed to be like that or is my version outdated?
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; April 11, 2014 at 03:17 PM.

I have a three part, IB2 Britanniae III uploading. It will be Advertised on TWC front Page. It will be upgraded with Aethelstans' portraits without it needing a patch for the link will remain the same. As long as its on Mediafire. This will also include 7 zips. I wll include the De Bello Mundi New In Game Battle Settlement Buildings. Rhalinas' Unit changes and Theramines strategy guide will be available to DL on the Downloads page also and will eventually added to the mods' installation. I will upgrade the forum credits and the Round Table Developers Thread
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 11, 2014 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    I have a three part, IB2 Britanniae III uploading. It will be Advertised on TWC front Page. It will be upgraded with Aethelstans' portraits without it needing a patch for the link will remain the same. As long as its on Mediafire. This will also include 7 zips. I wll include the De Bello Mundi New In Game Battle Settlement Buildings. Rhalinas' Unit changes and Theramines strategy guide will be available to DL on the Downloads page also and will eventually added to the mods' installation. I will upgrade the forum credits and the Round Table Developers Thread
    sorry i dont understand,is version 3 uploaded and avaliable now?

Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin View Post
    sorry i dont understand,is version 3 uploaded and avaliable now?
    Not just yet

Which faction did you play? One or two of the factions are nightmarish at times. Try Ystrad Clut for an easier ride and to get a feel for this mod: you can take your time because their strategic situation allows you to turtle if you're so inclined.

A couple of things you should check is costs associated with agents. Merchants, for example cost 200 per turn. Are they making more than this per turn? Diplomats, assassins and spies all cost a lot too. Make sure any generals or family members in settlements have at least 4 stars for management skill. If you overlook these things you could easily waste 2,000 per turn.

I'm going to update the strategy guides with a few general tips for reducing expenditure. Edit: done, and added Ystrad Clut strat guide
    Last edited by Theramines; April 14, 2014 at 06:23 AM.

Thank you Theramines, i hope that your strategy guide will be available together with Rio's upcoming mod update