Thread: Ghulam cavalry

Default Ghulam cavalry

Hi,

Is there some special way to use this cavalry, because when fighting as the turks against egypte 6 units where routed by 1 Ghazi cavalry. My Ghulam did not cause 1 casualty among the Ghazi cav. Is that a bug are somewhat?

I am not so sure how you found this out.
    Were you playing Medieval Total War instead? Because this forum is about a MOD in RTW and is way different.

but to answer your question, ghazi cavalry (in MTW) have a bonus versus armor, and ghulam cavalry are heavily armored, so yes the ghazi cavalry would win,
    maybe you are playing on easy so the battle results will be in your favor and thats why you didnt take casualties
    [BIG MTW2 SIG]
    Skyhigh - can't go out at night because he'd bump his head on the stars.

Yeah...if youre talking about MTW, then Ghazi cavalry is armed with axes while Ghulams are armed with only spears. Axes beat armor, swords beat spears, spears beat horses and have good charge bonuses.

So your ghulams should have killed at least a few men on the charge, but in the ensuing melee that axes of the Ghazi's would bring down the Ghulams.

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

Are you talking about chivalry? The Ghulams are the strongest Muslim melee cavalry, so they should be able to beat the lightly armoured ghazi's fairly easily, but in a 6-1 fight there's no doubt the ghulam's would be easily beaten.

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

ghulam, weren't they the muslim bodyguards
    College kill 2,352 kids every year. spread the knowlegde, know the truth.

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

Yep, some were. In the next beta we have Ghulam Bodyguards and just normal Ghulam Cavalry.

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

Ahmose's Avatar Libertus

As far as I know that Adherbal said that the Ghulam cavalry in CTW beta release had a bug. The bug is the skyeleton used for the unit. Anyway, I don't have the beta now to check it out. I remember playing with this unit without inflicting any loses in the whole battle rather than being slaughtered!!
    Now playing and modding for Chivalry Total War Mod although I got Medieval II Total War...

yeah it had the fs_hc_archer skeleton assigned to it, which causes it to do nothing while the enemy cuts them down. A fine display of iron discipline !
    A new game development studio focusing on historical strategy games
    http://www.the-artistocrats.com