Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: V6 is uploaded (20.10.2011) !! +The Traditional Japan Music + Sound MOD*

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: ULTIMATE VERSION (V5) is uploaded !! +The Traditional Japan Music + Sound MOD*

Are there any substantial differences between version 4 and 5 or are they just packs with different songs but not a different style?

Do I need to get atmospheric mod separately or is it included already in your build?
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

Default Re: ULTIMATE VERSION (V5) is uploaded !! +The Traditional Japan Music + Sound MOD*

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    Are there any substantial differences between version 4 and 5 or are they just packs with different songs but not a different style?

Do I need to get atmospheric mod separately or is it included already in your build?
    Well, it is always traditional music, where V5 offers slightly more vocal songs. Both use taiko drums for battles and both use the new formation sounds. Although they are different they keep to my credo of using only traditional stuff. I guess if you dont like one version, you wont like the other too. You either love it or you dont

The new formation sounds are just an addition included with the mod and you might (should) run more then one mod to get the best immersion etc. (new units, better AI, better portraits etc). If you want to add some atmospheric mod, look here at this great mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=441896 here you will also find the formation sounds included, in case you wish to run another music mod but would not want to miss them sounds.

I myself play using DarthMod (which includes the atmospheric mod and other great mods already) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1746
    and AUM (Additional Units Mod) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=453317

The thing about mods is that you can actually build your own game with them to suit your style, there are some compilation mods too so you do not have to pick and choose. Although I prefer choosing. Just take a look around the site and you will find many mods that you might find interesting.

Enjoy !

Thank you very much for this kind welcome and explanation. Just started playing Shogun. Only did a few turns in vanilla just to get the general feel of it and then started to look for mods.

Your mod (version 5) does an incredible job (have yet to try version 4 - why don't you merge them?) at deepening the game immersion. Thanx to you, Total Realism+ by Da Vinci and some other mods I forgot to get to bed this night. I had a total blast. Been looking down on Total War series for some timebut this game+mods made me interested again.

Am not really sure if I would like to add the suggested atmospheric mod since I have to add the script file (hard to keep track what mods are installed) and the youtube demo of it does not convince me - dying sounds are okay but the bow sounds seem a bit exaggerated.

I completely agree with you about making personal combos - this is the only viable way for more experienced mod users.

Maybe I'll try Darth's mod to.

Maybe I'll try Darth's mod to.
    Be careful here, its quite hooking

While I have nothing against the original soundtrack, what you've put together sounds just as compelling to listen to, and has provided a nice break from fearing that I'd grow bored from listening to the former for too long.

I'm glad I took the time to download this mod. Thanks for putting it together. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Aikurisu View Post
    While I have nothing against the original soundtrack, what you've put together sounds just as compelling to listen to, and has provided a nice break from fearing that I'd grow bored from listening to the former for too long.

I'm glad I took the time to download this mod. Thanks for putting it together. =)
    You are welcome

When I get the time I will redo some formation sounds and probably do a final version for the music part. Stay tuned !
    Baby keeps me very busy atm

Looking forward to it!

Fantastic mod, really brings out the atmosphere. Thanks for a great job !

angus young's Avatar Ordinarius
    Villefranche de rouergue France in the south

Quote Originally Posted by Twosocks View Post
    When I get the time I will redo some formation sounds and probably do a final version for the music part. Stay tuned !
    Baby keeps me very busy atm

YYYYEEEPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!

Amazing mod. Thank you for taking the time and effort to compile these as Shogun 2 in-game music.
    Last edited by Miracles; July 11, 2011 at 05:52 AM.

Thank you all, this will give me the energy I need to get through it, time is very precious right now and I suffer under that lack of sleep (baby) but all things will come right soon. Cheers all

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Excellent mod, Twosocks. The only time the ultimate version leaves my data folder is when I do a bit of modding. After that, it promptly goes back!
    Last edited by Akaie; August 02, 2011 at 10:43 PM.

I am glad you like it

Still looking for a moody pause to bring up the final version. Time is a precious thing now as well.
    Enjoy

Hi Twosocks,

I have a question. Does this mod interfere with any of the non music mods whatsoever?

It should work with any "non-music" mod

Hey again, Twosocks. Would you mind providing me with a bit of insight?

So, I have committed pockets of time to doing some personal music mods (personal for copyright reasons and all) and I came across something that seemed odd. A while ago I made a mod that applied a Sengoku Basara theme to the game. I overwrote the original name with "s2tw_mus01_mm1-beautiful_blade.mp3". Now, I can't remember what I actually did, but I remember it worked.

Now, fast forward to around 20'ish minutes ago. I did the same thing with another .mp3 file. No dice, so to speak. Considering you have put a lot of work into making this sound mod for S2, I figure you'd be a good person to ask. Are there any other factors in applying an mp3 to the game other than simply changing the name of the file to "s2tw_mus01_mm1-beautiful_blade.mp3" (or what ever file name of the file one wishes to change)?

Your insight would be much appreciated.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Hey Anton !

Make sure to check the bit rate (if not can give you problems). I hope that helped

Checked. I went with 320. Still nothing. Maybe it's my encoding and re-encoding. Are you using a particular program?

Thanks for the reply

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Ah well ofc - I thought you would know

This pretty tool to pack/unpack :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=433370