Thread: HOI3 complete ed. supernoobs home

Icon6 HOI3 complete ed. supernoobs home

this thread is for supernoobs,totally new first-time players looking for help

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After those poor tutorials I started my first play-test,just to get familiar with the basic mechanics;so I've chosen 1936-Dominican Rep.(far from danger zones,neutral and little)...well,I am a bit disoriented..

1)cannot make ANY trade agreement,it said "you miss the required influence level-3" ?!Hw,mexico asked for exchange "money for supplies",and I accepted,but there was no option to change it to a more profitable "oil for supplies"

2)it seems I have 3 transport ships somewhere but I am unable to find them

3)the ruler is a complete idiot,how to change him?It said "no replacement avaiable" so I guess I have to start a revolt

4)everytime I adjust the values in the IC panel I close it and it revert itself to the previous values;this happens also if I lock them with right-click.....I have set AI control OFF in all fields...

Default Re: HOI3 complete ed. supernoobs home

4. Save the game and load it up again and on the country select screen make sure that you have it set to manual. My guess is that either there you have it set to AI, or on the IC screen itself you have selected "prioritize ___".

3. Democracies have election (possibly, it will say when you have one). Other then that yeah you would need to encourage a revolt but given the short span of the game (in term of years) this might be difficult to pull off while doing much else.

2. On the right hand of the screen there is a little +, clicking this will open a list of all of your units/battles/etc in the usual paradox fashion. Or if you have Semper Fi (which it looks like you do) you can click on a unit and then to the expansion arrow on the left side to open the OOB (order of battle, your command structure).

1. Trade is done from the diplomacy screen, then pressing trade and using the sliders to adjust the different values for each resource. This screen tells you how likely it is your terms will be accepted. Also you can accept or decline trade offers, to renegotiate the terms you need to cancel or decline the trade and make an offer of your own.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...arts-of-Iron-3

This is the official forum, if you are really a noob to paradox games it should be the first place to visit. Get acquainted with the mods (I recommend I.C.E or HPP if you are interested in a more historical game with lots of events and detail not found in the vanilla version). You can also find most information about the game there, it is a great community as well.

cannot find the mods you mention there...

hw still unable to understand what determines which countries I am allowed to offer trade agreement to,so far I was allowed to open a negotiation only with Spain Nationalist,but they refused and now I am unable to reopen it cos it says "our embassador is onroute"????
    Last edited by Fracchione; April 20, 2011 at 12:51 PM.

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

A good way to learn howto play is to start in 1936 as Germany and let the AI do everything, just watch and learn. you'll get to see how it takes care of IC, troops, tech, diplomacy, etc.

then you can start over and control most of the things your self if you feel comfortable. It took me one year as Germany too learn the basics of IC, then at the end of the game, I understood the tech better the intel better the diplomacy better and so on. It takes some time to understand everything, for example, I suck at naval warfare, so I stick to land/air warfare because I'm too lazy to look at guides on the paradox forum

Germany is a good choice because its virtually impossible to lose
    Patronized by Hader.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracchione View Post
    cannot find the mods you mention there...

hw still unable to understand what determines which countries I am allowed to offer trade agreement to,so far I was allowed to open a negotiation only with Spain Nationalist,but they refused and now I am unable to reopen it cos it says "our embassador is onroute"????

You should be able to trade with anyone you aren't at war with. After you make any kind of diplomatic deal you have to wait for your ambassador to return (like a few days usually).

Quote Originally Posted by tarvu View Post
    You should be able to trade with anyone you aren't at war with.
    well,I cannot,that's the matter...I am neutral with everyone...

and I need oil BADLY

which mod won't alter vanilla?

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Fracchione View Post
    which mod won't alter vanilla?
    If your question is "which mod doesn't require me to overwrite vanilla files?", then your answer is the Common Weapons of WW2 DLC, the Dies Irae: Götterdämerrung DLC, and the HPP fan-made mod. Of those three, the HPP is free* while you need to pay for the other two. The HPP has an optional graphics package which adds files to your vanilla folder, but doesn't actually overwrite any vanilla files.

*If you have a Paradox forum account and registered your game, you can visit the HPP forum and download the mod here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...bility-Project. The other two are available from GamersGate. If you don't have a registered Paradox forum account, there are some pirate torrents out there for *old* versions of the HPP mod. I don't recommend the torrent version, as there are a few killer bugs in it and lots of stuff has been added since the torrent was made. Believe me, I'm the co-creator of the HPP mod, and the pirated version available online is crap compared to the state the mod is currently in