View Poll Results: Would you like to see this mod as a sub-mod to Darth Mod?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 66.67%
  • No

8 33.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mutant Mod 3.0 - Sweat, Guts and Glory

Default Mutant Mod 3.0 - Sweat, Guts and Glory

Please look at the new Mutant Mod page. This one is defunct.
    Last edited by Seikales; May 16, 2011 at 12:04 PM.

Default Re: Mutant Mod

Good luck with your mod. Just a note from a mod user.And some hints. There are to many mods related to AI ,and none of them confirmed better than vanilla one. And there are one major compilation mod,but not focused in the AI .I advice you to add some graphic content, like more units ,new textures ,etc, from another existent mods,ask for permission of course, to boost your mod. Once i played a Napoleon mod called called improve war , a obscure one ,always in the back page, and i loved it. But the guy quit because the lack of support from people in this forum. I mean the mod it was fantastic, but the presentation in this pages was a ,you understand?

Nice to see a mod of the same interest. I always thought bows are supposedly good vs infantry, and that cavalry is the only means to hard-counter them. In the original Shogun Total War, I enjoyed using bow units and keep leveling them up. Most my armies back then were focused on bow/spear with heavy cavalry support.

Also loving the fatigue.

To Metenojo

Cool stuff may come eventually And yes, I will plagiarize with permission. Currently observing other mods, watching out their changes. Some of their tweaks do seem good. About graphical content, I would need help. I am a scientist and I work on formulas Graphics not my strong point. So, I will have to burrow heavily from the market

To kang_13

Aye, fatigue is one of my key points of interest.

General

Any direct suggestions to enhance flanking/surrounding is welcome. Or feedback on my mods

By setting the rear penalty (forgot the exact field) to 18, left and right to 6, the AI would attempt a flank, but would still pin the center (kv_rules). Ellipse shape would make the AI use that unit type as cavalry. I tried it with naginatas and samurai. This also adds beauty to the combat. There's a slight penetration probably about half, especially if the acceleration, mass, and speeds are properly setup.

Also, fatigue table values I've observed to create the effects:

Value #1 -- movement change. -1 causes a unit to not be able to move. Positive value makes it speed up. Still it continues to be in the state it is in. e.g. Running if it came to this threshold while running.

Value #2 -- Attack efficacy? At -100, the unit will keep attacking but deal so little damage. +100 death toll is fast.

Value #3 -- Attack frequency? Ability efficacy? Unit will be happy for having abilities affecting enemy. Not sure what that is. -1000 Targets will turn their back at your units. +100 AI will charge at your units with this stat on them. ex. AI's yari (no mod) vs. Your Cavalry (-100 value 3), AI will attack you. AI cavalry will also pull back and charge, pull back and charge, though will only move about 5 meters away. Units also seem to be able to swoop towards new targets during a melee engagement.

Value #4 -- @ -100, cavalry impact upon charge is delayed for a beat. About 1sec? But the effect is very deadly, and clumped. A Light Cav of 400 mass will throw a bunch of yaris upon impact (after the delay). The Yaris will clump below the Cav and boom thrown away dead. The cavalry however will just stand there, and counter attack an attacking yari. It will take a hit, then counters at the next attack.

@ +100 The charge is instantaneous, but the damage is close to none. Yaris would still be thrown away, but will not die. Some might die, but not as deadly as -100. The unit will draw close to attackers.

I've read somewhere that value #2 is morale, #3 accuracy, and #4 reload. Somehow it is correct, but the above has also been noticed to occur. 100 is just a test, but -1.00 to +1.00 is sufficient.

Ver 1.01 is now ready. Morale should work better. Breaking line of battle of AI helps. Try to break the enemy lines with units of high morale, and if possible fresh. Otherwise, they will suffer themselves as well if not supported closely.

kang_13

Nice comments mate, thanks. I will look into those.

Meanwhile, if you have a version of your own on top of mine, stating the changes you make, please send it to me at MTVakit@gmail.com. I will benefit no doubt. After all, the mod is for everyone to enjoy

To Kang_13

I doubt Value #2 in fatigue effects table is morale, cause there is a separate morale effect of fatigue levels on kv_morale table itself. I assumed it has to do with movement and fighting prowess. Don't know the exact layout.

Ellipse Shape for Infantry Units

Apparently Darth Vader has a similar idea. Please elaborate on it. I will try to set it up myself

Siege

Any noticable difference in siege difficulty? It shouldn't matter much for AI vs AI, due to auto-resolve parameters. But sieging AI and getting sieged now should provide tougher experience. Any comments on this?

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Elipse shape does nothign of the sort. Its the corridor shape for an ai unit to look for targets in. Its an elipse for cavalary to stop them spinning around in a silly fashion.

Seems people dont actually know what it actually does.

It does affect morale. My test pack has exhausted value 2 of 1 and units will fight to the death. Changed it to -0.5, with value 1 to 0 so that routing units will run faster. Let me see if I can't attach it. I have two right now. 1 is the combi of both Darth and S2R+ with modified fatigue and movement. The second one is just movement with new unit cards, pain sounds, lighting, other visual fixes, and projectile, since I wanted to play vanilla with these settings.

Will update this post. A sec.

Here it is. It's 30mb due to each pack having those visual fixes/improvements:

http://www.4shared.com/file/6Wv8jl7P/S2TW_MOdding.html
    Last edited by GnaReffotsirk; April 19, 2011 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    Elipse shape does nothign of the sort. Its the corridor shape for an ai unit to look for targets in. Its an elipse for cavalary to stop them spinning around in a silly fashion.

Oh. Dynamic_Ellipse causes the AI to use infantry like they were horse cavalry though. The AI would keep them running, and moving everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kang_13 View Post
    Oh. Dynamic_Ellipse causes the AI to use infantry like they were horse cavalry though. The AI would keep them running, and moving everywhere.
    We may not want that to happen too far. Battle line is important with the morale modifications I try to introduce. Yet, I will take a look into that, as I said

Which table have you modified for the Ellipse shape test anyhow?

Quote Originally Posted by Seikales View Post
    We may not want that to happen too far. Battle line is important with the morale modifications I try to introduce. Yet, I will take a look into that, as I said

Which table have you modified for the Ellipse shape test anyhow?
    Yeah. I changed from dynamic_ellipse to ellipse since the AI would exhaust its units fast. It's the Battle_entities one.

GNAS2TWMODv1.pack has the most recent changes to movement accel, run, walk, charge distance, etc. and cavalry resistance to projectile. Not sure about the cavalry resistance, but had to put it in for testing since the AI would attempt to charge in bowmen and get decimated by 4-6 bowmen in spread out formation. Human players can use diversions but the AI can't. This pack is the one I mentioned above that is vanilla based.
    Last edited by GnaReffotsirk; April 19, 2011 at 03:38 PM.

Artifex

What your seeing is entirelly placebo, that column has no movement effect.

What your seeing is entirelly placebo, that column has no movement effect.
    You mean the shape?

Artifex

yes.

I think that Darth made a error when change the infantry from circle to dynamic elipse, because the infantry ranks enter to deeply in the enemy formation, as i change the number of ranks Of some units to 7 because i use the 1*88 multiplier it looks Od to me see the first rank of any charging unit passing for all enemies ranks ,now i revert to circle and they fight in compact formations.This is not a placebo , i try dozens of times, i change the mass, the desaselaration, etc and nothing works, only when i compare the with the original battle_entities with the modded one and i revert to circle ,i note a really change. So,do your self a custom battle with two ashiguari units and tell me if is placebo or real.
    Last edited by metenojo; April 20, 2011 at 01:58 AM.

This is NOT a placebo, and I have done nothing wrong. I know what I wanted to change exactly and I did it after a lot of testing. As I think it is, the dynamic ellipse or circle etc. is the Model that is calculated as an entity in the battlefield, removing the cloak of 3D graphics, textures etc. It has also radius, height and other factors which affect how it interacts with the other models. When you press space and you see the green wireframe models under each soldier is something like it.
    The game is much simpler in its base that the graphics show.

Edit:
    And Seikales, you forgot to ask permission as one must typically do here in this forum before he uses other's work but ok I have no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    This is NOT a placebo, and I have done nothing wrong. I know what I wanted to change exactly and I did it after a lot of testing. As I think it is, the dynamic ellipse or circle etc. is the Model that is calculated as an entity in the battlefield, removing the cloak of 3D graphics, textures etc. It has also radius, height and other factors which affect how it interacts with the other models. When you press space and you see the green wireframe models under each soldier is something like it.
    The game is much simpler in its base that the graphics show.

Edit:
    And Seikales, you forgot to ask permission as one must typically do here in this forum before he uses other's work but ok I have no problem.
    I just said that, imho, you take a bad decision ,the infantry penetration are exaggerated and with so many 1v1 fights, the battles ends to fast.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast