Page 9 of 305 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Default Re: Winter is Here! Discuss HBO's "Game Of Thrones"[SPOILER HEAVY!]

How awesome was the Hound at the end of the most recent episode? I keep going back to that last part over and over again.

It's so weird that I've read the books but I still found myself holding my breath during the throne room scene as if I didn't know what's going to happen.

I'm glad they included Beric Dondarrion because he had a great storyline. I wish they had shown Thoros with his flaming sword in the tourney, but they did mention him so there's always hope he'll be seen down the line and you know.

On a side note, I always thought Renly was a fairly good warrior especially since they often compared him to Robert.
    "I doubt you can understand the magnitude of the stupidity in your statement."

Book-Renly was definitely not the blood-fearing guy who hates swords and hunts that has been in the show. He fought in the tournament against the Hound and had a good time, and used it to build his PR (he knows how to play the commons). They're going a different direction with him on the show, more stereotypical gay. It's disappointing, but I'll live.

I love Littlefinger, he's a genius. The way he said "no no no no" to that whores was hilarious.

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

That absolute littlefinger!! Just watched the throne room scene, could not believe it I was ready for Stark to put those snide Lannisters in their place and wipe the sneers off their face!!

Also I misses Tywin's facial hair and Kevan.
    "I doubt you can understand the magnitude of the stupidity in your statement."

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

God, I was ready to burst into tears when the betrayal in the throne room occurred. I found myself wishing for a huge Lore-rape in that scene, having Ned teaching the Lannisters a modicum of respect, but no. Easily one of the best shows in TV right now, I will live with stereotypical gay Renly.

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Everyone hates Littlefinger because of what he did but I don't. He had no choice. Even if he sided with Ned and they succeeded Tywin has a huge army that he could march on King's Landing and destroy them all. Ned, being the naive fool we all know him to be, made the wrong choice and Littlefinger didn't want to go down with him.

I also like Littlefinger, but i have to disagree with you in one point: he had a choice. He has so much power, which is hidden under the surface, that he could have made a dozen of different choices. But he is, in contrast to Ned, a smart guy. He did what was best for him, not what he had to do because of Tywin's army. If you leave the LotR-like good-and-bad-thinking behind, you actually can like the other characters, too.

I understand he had many options I just meant that he didn't have a choice when it came to Ned and Tywin's army was just an example of a threat that would face him if they succeeded.

News, apparently this is a leaked casting photo of Brienne of Tarth.

Edit: Apparently this is a self made picture of her, in hopes that the actress Eva Damen would get the part of Brienne, like they did with Conan Stevens for Gregor.

I actually found her acting reel on youtube... I can totally see her as Brienne.

Also a discussion on possible actresses for Brienne, which are pretty good.

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/01/...n-two-brienne/

Except for Katee Sackhoff... I just don't see her as Brienne.
    Last edited by Death_Sheep; June 02, 2011 at 03:05 AM.
    Forward, march!

Well I hope they don't cast her like that. Can't they make some changes? Like the eyes? Some post-filming stuff or whatever? I really don't like the eyes of the characters, for instance Robert Baratheon, Renly, Gendry... where are those deep blue eyes? Same with this supposed Brienne... in that part that Eddard and Gendry talk to each other, Eddard stares at him, at his eyes like he noticed something.. yet if you notice it, they both have the exact same eye color, which makes everything stupid. And, why is Robert brown-haired? Where's his fierce black hair and beard? Renly too..... and the Lannisters, where is their GOLDEN hair (not dirty yellow)??

And the Targaryens eyes! Damn, and what about Tywin?? The guy SMILES in the series, when in the books he NEVER smiles which is one of his most noticeable features......... and he talks passionately and emotionally in the series when in the books he's like a rock.

TYWIN SMILES? OH ; NO; PLEASE TELL ME IT`S A LIE!

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    Well I hope they don't cast her like that. Can't they make some changes? Like the eyes? Some post-filming stuff or whatever? I really don't like the eyes of the characters, for instance Robert Baratheon, Renly, Gendry... where are those deep blue eyes? Same with this supposed Brienne... in that part that Eddard and Gendry talk to each other, Eddard stares at him, at his eyes like he noticed something.. yet if you notice it, they both have the exact same eye color, which makes everything stupid. And, why is Robert brown-haired? Where's his fierce black hair and beard? Renly too..... and the Lannisters, where is their GOLDEN hair (not dirty yellow)??

And the Targaryens eyes! Damn, and what about Tywin?? The guy SMILES in the series, when in the books he NEVER smiles which is one of his most noticeable features......... and he talks passionately and emotionally in the series when in the books he's like a rock.
    Oh come on, for Christ's sake people. Yes, Lord Tywin smiles, briefly. However his character comes across really well. I am sure we can all find many small details that are different to the books, but the show so far is excellent. It isn't and apparently won't be LoTR like lore-rape in it.

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Yeah, as others said, the only disappointment I have right now is that Renly has been made stereotypically gay, which bothers me not only because it completely changes his character, but also because it implies that all gay guys are exactly the same and you can't have a gay guy who also enjoys "manly" things such as hunting and fighting.

If they were concerned people would be confused about his sexuality if he was portrayed as a warrior (which is a sad commentary on our society in the first place), I'm pretty sure one scene with Loras was enough to get the point across, they didn't need to make him afraid of blood for no reason.

that series a great work after watching only 3 episodes I begin to search a game about it and prayed that there is a totalwar mod about it.Thanks to mod makers I have found it = ))

But rather than limiting it with only westeros lands it will be great to add other continents as well...Commanding barbarian Dothraki hordes would be great

If you enjoy the series you must read the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    If you enjoy the series you must read the books.
    I will definetly do it !!!

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Well, we still have a possibility to see a memorable bisexual - Oberin. They'll include him obligately (in 3 season, if it will be done). Renly is a disapointment, yes. In serial he looks like a scared boy, without any ambitios - it's Loras's idea to call him a king.

As for Tywin - even without whiskers he is amazing. He isn't smiling - it's a grin.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

I cant wait for the Battle of the Whispering Wood. I hope there will be some awesome scenes with Grey Wind fighting beside Robb. And Im also curious if Greatjon is going to keep all his fingers or they will stay true to the books (because we havent seen much of the wolves so far)