Page 6 of 305 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Default Re: Winter is Here! Discuss HBO's "Game Of Thrones"[SPOILER HEAVY!]

Agreed, my biggest qualm is that little finger told Sansa the story of the Hound rather than the Hound himself after he'd been in his cups. The informative, cliche style of that scene was incredibly out of place. Only a slight blemish on a gorgeous face, though that was a part in the book I am rather partial to.

To change the subject drastically.... am I the only person who thinks Titus Welliver HAS to be cast as Davos Seaworth? I'm re-reading the series again and that is one thing I am dead sure on.
    Last edited by Lord_Berric; May 14, 2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Quote mistake

you guys are right, just watched the episode 5 sneak peek and i believe there will be more of the tourney. on another note when do we think this mod will come out? im really pumped

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Losing Beric to bring back Catelyn is the worst trade ever, unless they sacrificed Jon Snow to save Sansa or something.

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    I know, I know. And also Grey Winds head was nailed to his chest (or so I think). But the fact is... if its possible to raise the dead in Westeros, George could have saved Robb whatever the conditions. But he chose not to. Thats what makes me angry!
    Grey Wind's head was sown on Rob's body and the crown was nailed to its head, sadness
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; May 15, 2011 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Goldenhand View Post
    Grey Wind's head was sown on Rob's body and the crown was nailed to its head, sadness
    Oh yes I remember, the final insult to the House Stark by the Lannisters.
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; May 15, 2011 at 08:59 AM.

And Dany saw it also in the house of the undying.. But ya know, i think that it should be put in spoiler tags. I think people ony expect spoilers about the tv series here.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

good point, ill make it so.
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; May 16, 2011 at 06:20 AM.

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Hahaha, +rep for your awesome signature Hannibal! Now I can't stop thinking about Littlefinger as Pedobear, Westeros Style
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Just saw the most recent episode and it was a shocker. The fight scene with Loras and Gregor was very well done, *POSSIBLE MINOR SPOILER AHEAD* and I was very surprised at the depiction of the romantic relationship between Loras and Renly being so blatant. I dont really have any opinion on the whole sex scene, but that was a surprising departure from the established storyline.
    Last edited by Lord_Berric; May 15, 2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: spoiler notice

Exactly!
    It completely messes up the story later with Renly marrying Margaery because the viewers know he is gay. People who read the books already know of course but people watching the series dont. I am a little upset Viserys hasnt died yet, I was looking forward to that in this episode .
    The Eyrie just looks weird. I always pictured it up in a mountain not standing alone amongst mountains. Also I thought there were supposed to be higher mountain peaks around the Eyrie. Bronn is awesome though. Overall the fights have been very well done and I look forward to some more action.
    Kingslayers a BAMF
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; May 16, 2011 at 06:12 AM.

The next episode is titled "A Golden Crown". That episode was great, my only MAJOR complaint was Renly being made into a wimp who is afraid of blood. He's gay, and it was in private, so I'm okay with that, though making him more stereotypical is sloppy. And inferiority complex? Fine. But making him a wimp? The guy who fights the Hound in the tourney and who is ready to lead a cavalry charge in the next book? Really? Kinda out of nowhere.
    Last edited by AlecTrevelyan006; May 18, 2011 at 12:25 AM.

littlefinger profile video is up

"I've got my fingers in a few other pies as well."

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Aye, apart from the Renly thing, I absolutley loved this episode! The fight scenes were amazing!
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Goldenhand View Post
    Exactly!
    It completely messes up the story later with Renly marrying Margaery because the viewers know he is gay. People who read the books already know of course but people watching the series dont. I am a little upset Viserys hasnt died yet, I was looking forward to that in this episode .
    The Eyrie just looks weird. I always pictured it up in a mountain not standing alone amongst mountains. Also I thought there were supposed to be higher mountain peaks around the Eyrie. Bronn is awesome though. Overall the fights have been very well done and I look forward to some more action.
    Kingslayers a BAMF
    Bronn is perfect, although I did miss the scene where he euthanized his cohort after the fight, that's a good character moment. I am so glad they included his line "Give me ten good men and a few grappling hooks, I'll impregnate the ."

So funny and so Bronn.

Guidrion's Avatar Miles

Like everyone, I have to say that the whole Renly/Loras is a rape of the book characters! Loras is nowhere near his reputation of handsome... And Renly... He has lost all of his charisma...

And about their big scene... I think I never more hated a scene before. In the book, it was subtle: the great friendship of the two men, the loyalty of Loras, the fact Renly isn't seen with women much, the colors of Renly's guard (more of a late treat to readers). Now, we have two gay from some american republican propaganda movie... (afraid of blood, conspiring, hair-hating, et ceterae). They made his sexuality something important instead of some interesting fact you discover later on...

How are we supposed to take seriously their next moves? And what's next? A poor sad Margaery, beaten by his awful gay husband inlove of her brother (while he was kindness itself with her in the book)? His rainbow guard just back from the Westerosi Pride for battle (in Renly's bed, note on the battlefield of course...)?
    I don't know why but I think the peach scene will go from a memorable scene to some joke...

Yeah... I'm mad about the directors about Renly... Turning one of my favorite character into a bad cliché...

And about Lysa Arryn... Wasn't she supposed to be... You know... fat ?

After the great attention they gave to Syrio Forel, you could hope they would give some love for such characters: the made lady of the Val, the most promising knight in the realm and one of the most serious candidate to the Iron Throne (if it wasn't for that shadow)...

Meh. As a series I like it alot, an awful lot! However, as an adaptation of a Song of Ice and Fire?....Hnnnng, not so sure. I'm just going to ignore the books while I watch it and enjoy it for what it is. Then I'm going to get back to the books and ignore the series. Lots of likes but a few little bits and bobs that spoil the experience for me.
    Shields and swords will win you wars -
    But in the end, the battle's for our hearts are fought by bards

That is a good attitude to take and thank you for saying it. I will try my best to do the same but it is gonna be hard >_<

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Book Spoilers! Come on guys, don't ruin it for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    thats a really good question, it seems as theyve totally forgotten about him.

BUT could this be some mean trick by the writers? its hardly viable that they drop him, so perhaps he returns in some crucial moment?

would seem logical to just show the wolves alongside their owners (like lady with sansa, summer with bran and nymeria with arya) to establish their relationship.

that theyve done nothing of the kind with ghost, shaggy and grey wind implies they are waiting for some scene where theyll do smth significant, like saving jons ass or chewing on the greatjon.

theres simply not much action with robb (i bet GW will get some action when the wildlings try to kidnap bran) atm and less with rickon, so no wolves there. perhaps D&D go along the line: No pets on the wall, even for highborn bastards?
    Everyone seems to be forgetting Robb. I mean, he was the person I disliked the most from all the previews, but since I saw the actual thing... he just got me! Cant wait for the ambush near Riverrun or - as already mentioned - Grey Wind chewing off some of Greatjons fingers. I especially love his scottish accent
    Of course!! I do remember now . This was the only part of the whole series with which I wasnt quite sure - I mean, I found it heroic and ridiculously funny at the same time.

And I also hated Thoros for bringing Catelyn back and not resurrecting Robb. But thats Georges kind of thing he always creates a super character everyone loves and kills him in the climax of the story
    I know, I know. And also Grey Winds head was nailed to his chest (or so I think). But the fact is... if its possible to raise the dead in Westeros, George could have saved Robb whatever the conditions. But he chose not to. Thats what makes me angry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Berric View Post
    Agreed, my biggest qualm is that little finger told Sansa the story of the Hound rather than the Hound himself after he'd been in his cups. The informative, cliche style of that scene was incredibly out of place. Only a slight blemish on a gorgeous face, though that was a part in the book I am rather partial to.

To change the subject drastically.... am I the only person who thinks Titus Welliver HAS to be cast as Davos Seaworth? I'm re-reading the series again and that is one thing I am dead sure on.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlecTrevelyan006 View Post
    The next episode is titled "A Golden Crown". That episode was great, my only MAJOR complaint was Renly being made into a wimp who is afraid of blood. He's gay, and it was in private, so I'm okay with that, though making him more stereotypical is sloppy. And inferiority complex? Fine. But making him a wimp? The guy who fights the Hound in the tourney and who is ready to lead a cavalry charge in the next book? Really? Kinda out of nowhere.

well, thats why we use
    this

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Uhhh, I put those spoilers in myself, so that when you fixed them my quote wouldn't need fixing also. Click the links....

Last edited by newt; May 18, 2011 at 12:29 AM.