Page 4 of 305 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Winter is Here! [SPOILER HEAVY!]

Yup, that we both agree upon. Despite criticism, the movies were PJ's interpertation of JRRTs great series. Everyone have their own little interperations or mental pictures of how character/enviroments etc looks, but I think PJ stuck pretty well to the books and its lore, except for the Rohirrim and Legolas part, hehe. It was one hell of an piece of art without question. And watching the Extended edition is 2x better than watching the theatrical.
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

I heartily agree, the HBO series did exceed my expectations. Its a richly done series that is produced well, acted well, and written well. Its definitely better than Starz "Camelot" or Showtime's "The Borgias".

"Game of Thrones"
    "The Borgias"
    "Camelot"

Quote Originally Posted by Vercingetorixx View Post
    I heartily agree, the HBO series did exceed my expectations. Its a richly done series that is produced well, acted well, and written well. Its definitely better than Starz "Camelot" or Showtime's "The Borgias".

"Game of Thrones"
    "The Borgias"
    "Camelot"
    Aye, Camelot was a real dissapointment. The only thing worth watchable in there is the way they picture Merlin.
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!

Any comments about the recent episode?

I was a little disappointed that dany didnt give the command to make viserys walk and had one of the dothraki do it. To me it was an important you to her brother that I felt was lacking

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

One comment:

Where the cock is Ghost!

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Quote Originally Posted by Murfmurf View Post
    One comment:

Where the cock is Ghost!
    First off, excellent word choice +rep for you
    Second, GOOD ING QUESTION!!!!! I dont care if you have to pay out the ass, find a freakin albino wolf/dog/thingy and put it in the series!!!!

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

thats a really good question, it seems as theyve totally forgotten about him.

BUT could this be some mean trick by the writers? its hardly viable that they drop him, so perhaps he returns in some crucial moment?

would seem logical to just show the wolves alongside their owners (like lady with sansa, summer with bran and nymeria with arya) to establish their relationship.

that theyve done nothing of the kind with ghost, shaggy and grey wind implies they are waiting for some scene where theyll do smth significant, like saving jons ass or chewing on the greatjon.

theres simply not much action with robb (i bet GW will get some action when the wildlings try to kidnap bran) atm and less with rickon, so no wolves there. perhaps D&D go along the line: No pets on the wall, even for highborn bastards?

One comment:

Where the cock is Ghost!
    Couldn't have said it better myself. He's supposed to be Jon's dangerous half for crying out loud! However, I don't think GRRM will just let it slide. Ghost'll come.

Otherwise, Im getting more and more impressed by the acting. Especially by Maise Williams, who in my eyes couldn't picture Arya any better. And of course as always, Peter Dinklage, Nicolou and Sean Bean are just getting better and better

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zoran View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. He's supposed to be Jon's dangerous half for crying out loud! However, I don't think GRRM will just let it slide. Ghost'll come.

Otherwise, Im getting more and more impressed by the acting. Especially by Maise Williams, who in my eyes couldn't picture Arya any better. And of course as always, Peter Dinklage, Nicolou and Sean Bean are just getting better and better
    Acting is perfect. Especially for the secondary personages - Barristan, Yoren, Syrio, Old Bear. Every new episode is better than previous.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Everyone seems to be forgetting Robb. I mean, he was the person I disliked the most from all the previews, but since I saw the actual thing... he just got me! Cant wait for the ambush near Riverrun or - as already mentioned - Grey Wind chewing off some of Greatjons fingers. I especially love his scottish accent

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    I especially love his Yorkshire accent
    Fixed that for you

I actually found some of the acting weak in this episode, especially at the beginning. Also the lack of an establishing shot at the beginning upon entering King's Landing annoyed me, especially considering we've already seen they have a beautiful CGI rendition of the place. In part it must be the fact they change directors most episodes. I heard from a recap link on winter-is-coming.net that out of the 6 episodes seen by the reviewer, this was the weakest, with 5 and 6 being his faves.

Saying that, the Syrio + Arya scene was excellent.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

garakga's Avatar Foederatus

I actually found some of the acting weak in this episode, especially at the beginning. Also the lack of an establishing shot at the beginning upon entering King's Landing annoyed me, especially considering we've already seen they have a beautiful CGI rendition of the place. In part it must be the fact they change directors most episodes. I heard from a recap link on winter-is-coming.net that out of the 6 episodes seen by the reviewer, this was the weakest, with 5 and 6 being his faves.

Agreed. absolutely love Syrio in this.

Fixed that for you

aye, the best choice for him and the accent

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

I didn't like the Syrio actor. I always pictured him older with like grey hair. I also pictured Yoren bald.

Books describe Syrio as "A slight man with a bald head and a great beak of a nose stepped out of the shadows, holding a pair of slender wooden swords."

I'm fine with this though.

I found it to be a cool detail that he has an Italian/Mediterranean accent, since he comes from the Free Cities, who are obviously based on the Italian City States. The part where Eddard seems to be having some sort of "post-traumatic stress disorder" was really great as well. So far my favorite episode. Loved the parts on the wall, altough I imagined Pypar and Grenn to be different.

Default Re: Winter is Here! Discuss HBO's "Game Of Thrones"[SPOILER HEAVY!]

I really do hope that some time some where Arya gets her vengeance on Jeoffry for getting the Butcher's boy killed.

Remember, stab them with the pointy end! Man I love Arya's actor.

"In a man to man fight the winner is he with one more bullet in his clip."
    - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

"Suffer not the Witch to live, nor the Heretic to spread his lies!"

The Wicked's Avatar Semisalis

One comment:

Where the cock is Ghost!
    Yeah where..?????

MAKEDONIA WAS,IS AND WILL BE HELLENIC
    http://macedonia-evidence.org/faq-history.html

Finally we get to see Ghost!!!!!!

The episodes so far have been awesome, all the acting has been superb. I've had two friends of mine watch them, and they are both considering to read the books haha. Gotta share the bible with the world heh?