Page 2 of 305 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Winter is Here!

Quote Originally Posted by daddytorgo View Post
    On second-viewing the Dany-Drogo thing didn't bother me nearly as much as the first time...there's some tenderness from him and I suspect we'll also see some early in the next episode to make it clear that it wasn't a pure violent thing...
    agreed. I'm even not sure they had sex at all. We need next series to know.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Expected HBO to hit the right note, a brilliant start.

I want a direwolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Legless Lannes View Post
    Expected HBO to hit the right note, a brilliant start.

I want a direwolf.
    When I picked up a copy of GOT a week ago for the first time and read throught the first chapters, Eddard beheading the traitor, Bran falling and kids getting their direwolves, do you know what it made me do? I got a pup . And to stay true to the "westeros" stuff I got a german sheperd/black labrador mix. So its going to be an enormous fangy beast. Named him Fenris.

Thats the effect Martin has on my life

(and no, its not my first puppy, nor am I a spoiled 12 years old brat, just to be on a safe side)

I want an some kind of dog breed that looks like a wolf >_<

Quote Originally Posted by swordofjanak View Post
    SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    Jon Arynn dies.
    arrg... please use spoilers for ... spoilers

by the way: what is GoT?

GoT = Game of Thrones

and since Fenris has the structure of a german sheperd and the black color of a labrador... well, yeah, hes almost like a wolf!

Considering we are talking about the series which WILL have spoilers can someone with the power to do so please put a spoiler warning in the title of the thread so we don't have to wrap anything with tags

Miles

They botched up the Lannister men at arms armor really good. Every time i look at the armor, i see Uruk-Hais in my mind. I'm looking forward to how they are going to represent the Lannister bannermen men at arms armor. Swyft, Clegane, Crakehall.. etc. Hopefully they will not just put them in Samurai armor as well. But my expectations are low..

Well I think that the bannermen to House Lannister and their soldiers will look perfectly ok without uruk-hai and samurai tendancies. For some reason I think that they just decided to make the Lannisters really wierd - which I hate since they're my favorites

While i was still not able to watch it, living in germany ftw, i have seen pictures of the Lannister soldiers.. And well, yeah, they are screwed up. I hope that we have already proven that it`s easy enough to create a certain unit variety while still sticking to medieval armor.

I agree. Give the Lannisters red clothing and lion symbolism on their gear and its should be enough to seperate them from others.

Kamakai's Avatar Biarchus

Loved the first episode so far, especially with Sean Bean in it...

That's why i'm now looking at this mod.

Provideniya's Avatar Laetus

Dunno is it just me, or does anyone else get a bit annoyed about how much the characters of Eddard and Boromir, from LotR-films of course, looked like each other.
    Sean Bean did a great job, but Boromir just isn't the Eddard I've always imagined..

Provideniya u joker they look like eachother because its exactly the same person lol did u want him to have a bit of surgery before playing Stark?
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; April 23, 2011 at 08:07 AM.

Provideniya's Avatar Laetus

I know, I know! I didn't mean it 'that' way.. Of course you cant change how your face looks every now and then..
    It's just.. that feeling.. How'd I put it.. It wouldn't be surprising if he'd decide to walk into Mordor.
    Meh, I'll just have to live with it.

I know exactly what you mean, provideniya. I`m sure that some watchers of the show will associate Ned somewhat with Boromir now. That`s the curse of memorable actors.

Default Re: Winter is Here! [SPOILER HEAVY!]

Just like how I cant look at Mark Addy without cracking a smile

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    I know exactly what you mean, provideniya. I`m sure that some watchers of the show will associate Ned somewhat with Boromir now. That`s the curse of memorable actors.
    That curse is also a plus for HBO though. I bet loads of people watched just because the Bean was in it in a relatively similar role. (Well, not really, but aesthetically).

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Provideniya View Post
    I know, I know! I didn't mean it 'that' way.. Of course you cant change how your face looks every now and then..
    It's just.. that feeling.. How'd I put it.. It wouldn't be surprising if he'd decide to walk into Mordor.
    Meh, I'll just have to live with it.
    I agree, but thats just the way the actors are. I mean, take a look at any Robert Downey Junior movie. It's basically the same character, with different aspects. But to be honest, having an ressembelance of Boromir in Ned isn't all that bad, imagine only seeing the similarities of Frodo in Ned or something.
    But Sean Bean is however so far doing an perfect job of maintaining Ned's "aura" I think. He's just the way I pictured him when reading the books.
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Default Re: Winter is Here! [SPOILER HEAVY!]

Is the second episode coming today?