Thread: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Silenced Ape's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Army Cheese View Post
    First of all, I ain't implying a siege; I was implying pardoning them, or negotiating terms of surrender.

Secondly: So what if they are deserters who killed their own brothers? The same could be said for John Snow, and he got away scot free for collaborating with the enemy.
    Let's not forget the rape and abuse against Craster's daughters/wives.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

also, kiling the LC. jon has already been accused, but he killed one ranger (for which he has an explanation), and he came back, feathered by wildling arrows. would look a bit different if he still screwed ygritte north of the wall.
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; May 15, 2014 at 06:40 AM.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    You're trolling here, aren't you?
    I have never been more sincere while simultaniously having my trolling nature questioned on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Ape View Post
    Let's not forget the rape and abuse of Craster's daughters/wives
    When in Rome...

Also Hannibal, John Snow killed a lot more than just one ranger. Don't forget that it was Snow's mercy towards Egrett that got Halfhand's entire ranger team killed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    You're trolling here, aren't you?
    If I take this quote out of context and apply it to the only paragraph in my post that begins with an A, then you might get a more affirmative answer.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Also Hannibal, John Snow killed a lot more than just one ranger. Don't forget that it was Snow's mercy towards Egrett that got Halfhand's entire ranger team killed...
    Err, no. The Halfhand left Jon alone with Ygritte and Jon was stupid in not killing her, but Jon did not cause the capture of the Halfhand or the death of their brothers.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

even if you hold him responsible, thats a bit different from killing a bunch of guys with your own hands and drinking out of skulls....

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

And the reason for attacking the mutineers in the first place wasn't because they were mutineers, it's because they know as well as any other Brother about the defences on the Wall, which the Night's Watch obviously doesn't want Mance to know.

First of all, I ain't implying a siege; I was implying pardoning them, or negotiating terms of surrender.

Secondly: So what if they are deserters who killed their own brothers? The same could be said for John Snow, and he got away scot free for collaborating with the enemy.

MANCE COMING. MANCE BIG ARMY. MANCE MIGHT'VE GOTTEN TO THEM ALREADY. NO TIME TO SIT AND PARLAY.

Oh non-readers.

The elitism is strong with us

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy With No Imagination View Post
    Oh non-readers.

The elitism is strong with us
    Until we see a White Walker with horns that is.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

I'm not being elitist, I love being the trollface one when happens. And the pointy White shocked me in the good way, so spoot on that

Miles

I think you guys misunderstand the point I am trying to make about the fight in Craster's Keep.

The point I am trying to make is: RUNNING AROUND IN THE DARK WHILE HOLDING SHARP OBJECTS IS DANGEROUS. STOP. EVEN MORE DANGEROUS TO RUN IN DARK WITH SHARP OBJECTS TO FIGHT OTHER PEOPLE ARMED WITH SHARP OBJECTS. STOP.
    The raid on Craster's Keep caused unnecessary casualties for the Night's Watch, case and point: LOCKE IS DEAD.

blah
    Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    MANCE COMING. MANCE BIG ARMY. MANCE MIGHT'VE GOTTEN TO THEM ALREADY. NO TIME TO SIT AND PARLAY.
    If Mance "MIGHT'VE GOTTEN THEM ALREADY", then what would of been the point of the experdition. Them being alive and worth killing was evidence of Mance not getting gotting the mutineers.
    IF THERE IS TIME TO REST AND FIGHT THEN THERE IS TIME TO TALK OVER TEA THEN KILL.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Well agreed, the fight scene was horribly written, from beginning to end. So was the Ironborn invasion of the Dreadfort. I have a feeling the GOT writers have no idea what a non-hollywood battle actually looks like, they should have some historians helping them to get it less wrong next time.

Miles

If there is one thing I love about that fight in the Dread Fort, it is that it lead to Reek getting a bath. It was a touching scene seeing the little lord Snow rewarding the dirty rascal for his loyalty, and overall not torturing the lad.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

I don't get your point.

The mutineers are around. They have to get a resolve. Both from 1.) a TV-making standpoint and 2.) a Jon Snow-PoV.

1.) If you don't end Craster's Keep with the enigma that is Coldhands, it surely has to be done by Jon Snow. Yes, the battle showed poor preparation and no tactical aptitude but you got fan-service with the Hulk-Hodor ultrakill of Locke.
    2.) Craster's Keep is a giant leak of information. Mance might be even better prepared if he gets inside knowledge of the Night's Watch fortress. They emphasized this point at least thrice. Even 4/5 dead are of little importance in this circumstance.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Miles

1. There is a new point in town; the raid on the Dread Fort was the best thing since sliced bread.
    2. I gotta admit, I loved the concept and excecution of John Snow having to fight a duel wielding master after demonstrating to the rookies the proper technique to fight an opponment with two weapons.
    3. I WUVING GET THAT THERE WAS A RISK OF AN INFORMATION LEAK
    4. It is about time that someone says that the risk of the leak was greater than the potential losses from the experdition.
    5. Am I the only one that thinks of Sleek the Elite from Fat Pizza when I hear Reek the Meek?
    6. Brandon Stark is clearly the most evil character in Game of Thrones. You don't see anyone else warging other people. How dare he warg Hodor?
    Last edited by Swiss Army Cheese; May 16, 2014 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Misspelt "Hodor"

#facepalm

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

As I said, Swiss, you're trolling.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

His points 4 is valid, at least.

Miles

For the record, point number two of my point was primarily directed at Mhaedros, who said that the fight was horribly written from beggining to end.

Back to the awsomeness that is the Battle of The Dreadfort!
    At first it kinda comes off as a minor anti-climax just to have Theon declared "dead", and there certainly could of been a bit more pillaging, but I guess that might be a statement of Yara's skill as a disciplinarion. However, what really makes me love it is how it defined Reek "rhymes with Meek"'s loyalties. Maybe it ain't the beatings and the torture, and the stockholde syndrome that made Reek cower towards Ramsay from Yara. Maybe it is because Reek is at heart, still loyal to the Starks, and by extention the North and by Wardenship, the Boltons.
    --
    Last edited by Swiss Army Cheese; May 17, 2014 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Removed the last remaining reference to Cold_Mac in this post. Came off too much like I was trying to start a fight.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Apparently after tomorrow's episode there's a week-long break?!

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!