Page 16 of 305 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166116 ... LastLast

Thread: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Default Re: Winter is Here! Discuss HBO's "Game Of Thrones"[SPOILER HEAVY!]

Some choice characters were actually portrayed better in the series than in the book. The stellar acting of Harry Lloyd as Viserys (easily top-3 of the season, even though him not even making it to the end) makes the character much more human than the irredeemable "bad guy" he is in the book.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

it seems GRRM will have a cameo in season 2 (thats hopefully not scrapped).

i liked this comment from wic:

Maester Tcost Posted July 15, 2011 at 10:44 am | Permalink

George R. R. Manderley.

mixing up the books in the series will work ok in my opinion...even though i usualy hate the "films are a different medium" concept (often used to justigy lore-rape) it's gonna work ok in this case...a tv series needs a costant-balanced screen time of all characters and moreover ,since the original creator is involved himself in the developement it will be really nice seeing the storyline evolve in a more merged timeline-converging way than a parallel timelines-converging way (don't know if i'm well explained...)

some of the changes from the books are cool and in some cases even better too...it's great that g.r.r. martin is actively involved as it's kinna more of an alternative-reprised version than an "adaption" (and we all know how adaptions turn out usualy---just see "conan" and "peter jackson's tolkien adaptions.."

Winter HAS COME (At long LAST!) but not for the House Lannister!! Read this http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/07/...ons/#more-9659

Yaay! Ive been saying it all along, Peter Dinklage just have to lay his Impish hands on that Emmy!

APC46's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    Yaay! Ive been saying it all along, Peter Dinklage just have to lay his Impish hands on that Emmy!

So very, very true Don't think I've seen many roles that have been better played. It's nice to see some serious acting instead of just slapstick.

I also think the acting throughout was brilliant, resulting in something at least partly does the book justice.

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    I wanted to see Kingslayer in action, he destroys 5-6 knights in the book in that battle. That was the last chance to show off his sword skills before he gets stumpy.
    Same thing happened on Rome all the time too, they'd sure the lead up to a battle, then it's over. Too expensive I suppose.
    In Rome it was ridiculous - they tried to 'fake' large crowds from time to time (the battle in Gaul) or skipped the fighting altogether....

I just love a good massive battle-scene.

I'm still half way through book 1 (the Imp has just got his free ticket out from the Eyrie) and I am rewatching the series. I think they did a great job - keeping in as much details as possible, though many of them (small remarks, the symbolism of the dead deer and the wolf etc.) make much more sense in the book. But overall the series clearly is done by people who know their job.

Bran, Arya, Tyrion and Ceirse are gorgeously cast (hope I got all the spelling right) are awesome as well as Sansa, Jaime and Jofrey (the wife and I hate that little bugger, I hope he gets what he deserves) Robert, Ned, Jon, Robb etc. are all okay-ish but their characters are a bit flat in the series (not so in the books) It's the typical non-heroes that shine in the series!

Needless to say we bought the whole series of books and are reading those now!

we have casting news, yay!

http://winter-is-coming.net/

Liam Cunningham, dammit! Yay! The only two actors that are missing are Sean Pertwee and James Purefoy!

Im not familiar with those other two (Stannis et Melisandre), but hey, that redhead chick looks nice!

just google Black Book (Zwartboek) if you want a very close look at her

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Liam Cunningham is an awesome choice for Davos! He will suit perfectly I think! As for the others, I havn't really seen anything of them yet, but atleast their looks seem to suit them
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

id so like to know who will play the roose. cmon, leak some leeches!

Why do I get the feeling they skipped that character? :/

he is still around in dance, so somewhere he has to be included. ill set my money on the leeches.

btw, anyone seen ironclad? its got tywin lannister in it (plus a crapload of other names) and its not half bad.

Well, its got James Purefoy in it so it cant be that big a disaster (that poor fellow has some tough luck lately, all my friends thought Solomon Kane kicked ass but still the movie wasnt a success). I had just one problem with Ironclad... Paul Giammatii?!?! I mean, I loved him in Sideways, was a nice villain in Shoot em up, but as king freakin john?!

why not, he was john adams, so he has a way with freedom, documents and stuff

Just watched 9 of the 10 of this show and Ive got to say i love it. The only things that i dont like are im always forgetting the names and as with all books made into movies/series I have trouble reading the book. Also are the books very different than the HBO show? And does the series only cover the 1st book or is it all of them?
    dan da man wit da plan
    all hail the mighty money cheat

Quote Originally Posted by thespaniard View Post
    Just watched 9 of the 10 of this show and Ive got to say i love it. The only things that i dont like are im always forgetting the names and as with all books made into movies/series I have trouble reading the book. Also are the books very different than the HBO show? And does the series only cover the 1st book or is it all of them?
    The book's better, but the show is real true to it.

Season 1 covers the first book.

well in just about every single movie remake of a book the book is better. But its nice to see the good one every so often
    dan da man wit da plan
    all hail the mighty money cheat

check out some of the asting @ http://winter-is-coming.net/

so far, A man approves.

The fanboy in me is annoyed.
    Little pissed that they changed Asha's name and also that they are making her Theon's older sister.