Thread: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Default Re: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion King on the Iron Throne View Post

felt this was relevant to the feminism debate. 2:17 is the line i was thinking of specifically, but the whole video is nice too. shows a bit of cerseis personality and thought processes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj6oo-TRKqY (damn youtube thing isnt working)
    Try [YOUTUBE]Nj6oo-TRKqY[/YOUTUBE ]

(Space in tag to cancel out the BB Code)

Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    Oh Good God...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And here you thought they might cut this part.

For those of you who have no need to be disgusted, don't click the link. I warned you.

To quote my spoken reaction when I clicked that: "Jesus ******* Christ".

*Makes a mental note to use it as a Loading Screen....*

That pic is ****ing awesome. Perfectly used; I thought they would put it up on a Bolton-like cross and splay it out.

Also...

None of the Brotherhood Without Banners themes appear on the soundtrack. but this track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM60cVXk1us appears at the end, in single guitar.

Look at the soundtracks. Season 1 soundtrack ended with "Finale", the song played when the Dragons emerged with Daenerys from the fire. Season 2 ended with Three Blasts, with the White Walkers. Season 3 ends with this...

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    That pic is ****ing awesome. Perfectly used; I thought they would put it up on a Bolton-like cross and splay it out.

Also...

None of the Brotherhood Without Banners themes appear on the soundtrack. but this track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM60cVXk1us appears at the end, in single guitar.

Look at the soundtracks. Season 1 soundtrack ended with "Finale", the song played when the Dragons emerged with Daenerys from the fire. Season 2 ended with Three Blasts, with the White Walkers. Season 3 ends with this...
    I've also just extracted a nice MP3 version of the Bear and the Maiden Fair as sung by Jaime's captors in Episode 3, should go nicely in GoT

My hopes for the finale are:

Mhysa plays over Danaerys's concluding scene, the strange note that ends that track plays as we get a glimpse of Lady Stoneheart opening her eyes and then fade out to For the Realm

No wai. That's too simple. I picture it as being the Brotherhood Without Banners meandering about, perhaps with Berric still there...

we see them angrily discussing something by a riverside, with that song playing, and Berric saying that Thoros has to do it, for the realm. We then see Thoros pick up the wrapped body from the riverside, and set it down, doing his dealy with Berric and the face reveals Stoneheart.

Or just go with how the epilogue of the book goes.

jomas's Avatar Miles

Ooh la la, that pic is about to rub salt in fresh wounds.
    Also excited that more people seem to agree with me on its ending.

I thought the ending to the finale was great.

I was actually disappointed it wasn't
    Stoneheart
    but I cried regardless. And **** you all, I was right. They're off to Meereen.

jomas's Avatar Miles

Urgh, overall I liked the episode, but that ending just made life difficult for me.
    I'm going to have a year full of Danny lovers talking about her.
    Even though she becomes a freaking emotional roller coaster in Meereen. Also seems like there wont be a dead Joffrey sex scene with Jaime home early.

I loved the episode. Expecially the Hound with Arya. I also enjoyed Davos as always.

Yeah, Liam Cunningham is excellent as the role of Davos.

EDIT: Do you think Coldhands will be in season 4?
    Last edited by Zimmy; June 09, 2013 at 11:33 PM.

jomas's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by IBSXYPNTS View Post
    I loved the episode. Expecially the Hound with Arya. I also enjoyed Davos as always.
    I enjoyed Davos until the part where he's arrested again, it turns Stannis into some kind of villain.
    Instead of Davos giving him a serious lesson in what it means to be king, and makes a major turning point in how Stannis should lead, it's just the red woman getting him to do things again. I felt that part in the books really changed my opinion on Stannis, but instead I get shown he's nothing more then a jerk in the show.

Although I do love Davos' actor, it's not his fault the scene played out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by jomas View Post
    I enjoyed Davos until the part where he's arrested again, it turns Stannis into some kind of villain.
    Instead of Davos giving him a serious lesson in what it means to be king, and makes a major turning point in how Stannis should lead, it's just the red woman getting him to do things again. I felt that part in the books really changed my opinion on Stannis, but instead I get shown he's nothing more then a jerk in the show.

Although I do love Davos' actor, it's not his fault the scene played out that way.
    I agree, in the books it played out much better.

Am I the only one who nearly vomited at the sight of Grey Wind's head on Robb? It was disgusting.

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

I liked this episode, I liked hiw Roose explained what happened at Winterfell and how Ramsay is revealed I hope we see more of Roose in the next season. Robb Wind was as it should be... a reminder of the fate of the lossers of the Game Of Thrones.

The only thing I am pissed about is the whole "asha taking the dreadfort"

I was excited for the kingsmoot

But it still could play into it... maybe Stannis finds her on his way up north or something.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Lord AcidRocker's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by jomas View Post
    Instead of Davos giving him a serious lesson in what it means to be king, and makes a major turning point in how Stannis should lead, it's just the red woman getting him to do things again.
    I was waiting for Davos to say something along the line of "a true king would head north to defend his people" but Mel looked like the decision maker after a 180 degree turn in her opinion of Davos.

Robb Wind was pretty brutal, but a great touch to pour salt on the tv audiences wounds.

Overall great episode, I can't complain. The ending was a bit cheesy but they had to go out in a big way. Dragunz SON!!!

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Yes, I had trouble watching Rob Wind. Which is surprising because I didn't have much trouble with the wedding itself (I don't know, maybe I'm a serial killer or something). As for the ending, I liked it, though it could have been done better (more energy from the slaves, less crowd surfing). Still, great episode. Plus, I loved the pie story!

I'm really looking forward to Lord Manderly's cooking later on. Kinda sick I know, but those Freys deserve whatever they get.

I'm surprised they didn't kill Yigritte this episode. I guess a double death was too much for back to back episodes. Still, the scene they did have was very moving. I'm actually caring a lot about Yigritte this season whereas in the books she was just OK.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

That episode was great! Especially everything regarding the upcoming siege of Castle Black and The Wall!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

I enjoyed that episode quite a bit. REAL happy they showed Robb Wind
    Tacky ending I thought though, they always finish the season with Danny looking like she's going somewhere awesome or doing something amazing, but no.

One weird thing was the Asha part! How can she participate the Kingsmoot if she means to sail to the dreadfort...

She can sail back after news arrives of Balon's death. Or have that guy who she ****ed when she was 14 represent her at the mooty. Or she can be easily crushed by the defensive forces near the Dreadfort or White Harbor, or the Fingers, or the Trident, or literally anywhere along the way when she has only one ship and only 50 men. She can theoretically outpace any pursuit but she has to stop at or near the Dreadfort, so I forsee this going nowhere for her.

Or maybe she just won't be at the Mooty because who gives a ****
    Last edited by AndariusHaliusScipio; June 10, 2013 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    She can sail back after news arrives of Balon's death. Or have that guy who she ****ed when she was 14 represent her at the mooty. Or she can be easily crushed by the defensive forces near the Dreadfort or White Harbor, or the Fingers, or the Trident, or literally anywhere along the way when she has only one ship and only 50 men. She can theoretically outpace any pursuit but she has to stop at or near the Dreadfort, so I forsee this going nowhere for her.

Or maybe she just won't be at the Mooty because who gives a ****
    lol still the KM will likely not be until season 5 so its not a big problem! however i do not consider Asha not being present a possibility. Also I did not like the bit were Balon got to know that Theon have lost his manhood. That is not stated in the books so it is just a way to have Asha and Balon in one scene in the whole season, complete waste of space if you ask me. However I did like the part when Ramsay was eating a bratwürst!