Page 15 of 305 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065115 ... LastLast

Thread: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Default Re: Winter is Here! Discuss HBO's "Game Of Thrones"[SPOILER HEAVY!]

I have a feeling about cruising in the treacherous bay of those miscreant pirates...

and I just love this one...

Im thinking about reading GoT again and this time focsing on Robert, Viserys and Syrio; all the characters I think are better portrayed in the series.
    Last edited by khatmar; June 26, 2011 at 03:48 AM.

Regarding Ned's death versus Boromir's:

Boromir died pointlessly. He achieved nothing except some twisted idea of redemption through death, in which I do not believe. If he hadn't suicidally charged into battle with a hundred Orcs he would have been able to achieve much more for his country. He'd probably have saved his father too, just by being alive.

Ned at least saved Sansa from an even worse fate. At the cost of his honour? Maybe. But I actually think the ability to let go of his principles in the face of such pressures makes him a better man.

From the first to the last, Eddard of House Stark tried to do the right thing, the honourable and noble thing. He was still doing that on the steps of Baelor's great sept. Only there he had to pay an even greater price: he not only gave up his life but also the perception people had of him as an honourable man. And he did it anyway. For his daughter's sake.

In the FOTR book Boromir runs into the orcs not knowing they're there and gets pinned by 5 or 6 arrows, I don't see what's wrong with him taking a few of them with him.

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    I have a feeling about cruising in the treacherous bay of those miscreant pirates...

and I just love this one...

Im thinking about reading GoT again and this time focsing on Robert, Viserys and Syrio; all the characters I think are better portrayed in the series.
    Fine your right that's a pretty awesome song
    Edit: I find myself replaying this song over and over while going about my daily routine of replying to threads >_<
    Last edited by Jaime Goldenhand; June 26, 2011 at 01:41 PM.

Ive read a rumour that struck with me terror... the producers are thinking of merging A Storm of Swords and A Clash of Kings into the second season... at least, as far as Jaime as POV is concerned. I think they will totally screw up

THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE THIS RIGHT IS TO MAKE THE SECOND SEASON 30 EPISODES LONG!!!!
    It is infuriating when people seem determined to things up. This will be an unmitigated disaster among the fans if they cut out so much of the awesome content.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

well, if its only jaimes story that is compressed, it might actually work:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    until catelyn frees him, he has hardly any story at all. if thats somehow brought into one season, it might make some space for other stuff. still puzzling though: if they bring his story from storm to clash, this would make season 3 easier (as clash is the longest novel), but i wonder how this could fit chronologicaly.

No idea. there must be some cutting done then. I say, we say goodbye either to Roose or BwtB.

I still hope though that Martin himself would not allows such a rape of his masterwork (but after what have they done with Renly...)

Couple bits of news I think haven't come up yet, http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/23/ga...rones-casting/ This bird cast as Margaery Tyrell, bit disappointed, not fit enough.

Also http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/06/...e-complex-cgi/ More CGI going to be used, Direwolves maybe? Battle of Blackwater?

Also can't remember if it has been said before, the Battle of the Blackwater episode is being written by GRRM himself. As to the rumours that parts of SoS will be compressed into series two, I trust that GRRM would not let that happen without good reason.

GRRM is writing that episode and it has been confirmed. Also good luck having a decent battle of the blackwater without cgi lol. Direwolves would be epic.
    I actually like the choice of Margaery given that they have been casting many of the roles older than in the books.
    Heard ANOTHER rumor about casting Stannis http://gameofthrones.info/game-of-th...her-eccleston/

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

I think Eccleston would fit perfectly to the role. He has that ironhard look and I can totally see and hear his teeth grinding together sitting in his lonely Dragonstone chair.
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

I think Melisandre is going to be the most interesting casting choice. There are a lot of different ways they can go with the character given that they probably don't mind taking some liberties with the character, and being HBO I'm sure they will

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zoran View Post
    I think Eccleston would fit perfectly to the role. He has that ironhard look and I can totally see and hear his teeth grinding together sitting in his lonely Dragonstone chair.
    I agree, he also starred in the brilliant drama The Shadow Line last month so yeah, sign him up.

Anyone have any idea when the dvd is likely to be released of series 1?

Sandy's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by RTW warrior View Post
    I agree, he also starred in the brilliant drama The Shadow Line last month so yeah, sign him up.

Anyone have any idea when the dvd is likely to be released of series 1?
    No idea but I'm sure in Germany amazon will publish it 2 weeks prematurely.

History_Buff's Avatar Civis

I for one cannot wait for season two. I started watching this series with my girlfriend, who has never read the books, and she absolutely loved the series. She may be looking forward to the next season more then I am, and I have read every single one of the books and she has yet to read any of them. I must say the Daenerys scene was epic, and I really enjoyed her portions this season. I loved the speech she gave before setting the pyre alight and thought loved the way she delivered her line after Viserys death. I must say that ending scene was epic. I as well was worried about what the dragons would look like, but am glad that they were actually done quite well. I loved the way Emilia Clark delivered most of her lines and the way she portrayed one of my favorite characters. A lot of people are commenting about the lack of battles, but IIRC, most of the battles were not shown in the first book. The Battle of the Whispering Woods was not seen, the Battle of the Camps was simply described and not seen IIRC, and the only real battle was the one that Tyrion fought in. That was actually one of my complaints. I was pissed when they had Tyrion get knocked out instead of leading the charge and actually doing pretty well considering he is not a exceptional warrior. I hope they do not do anything to his truly awesome charge in the second book. My other big question is were are Bryndon Tully and Roose Bolton? Both are rather important characters who should have appeared by now. I hope they do not intend to portray Robb as a military genius, which he was not in the books. In the books, he was a competent, but inexperienced general, who relied heavily on the counsel and advice of Brynden Tully.

Regarding Game of Thrones OST

I miss one track from episode 1. The music played during the feast when Robert and his gang eat, drink and have a good time. Does anyone of you know what's the name of it or perhaps you know where can it be found?
    On release Quote:
    “Empire: Total War has exceeded all our expectations. It's one of those rare "great works" that the team will remember with enormous pride for the rest of their lives, and the public will remember as one of the landmark games of the decade”
    Mike Simpson, Creative Director at The Creative Assembly
    Oct 9 '09 Quote:
    "I had 6 copies of Empire: Total War sat on my shelf intended for close gamer friends that I didn’t send out because I was too embarrassed about the flaws."
    Mike Simpson, Creative Director at The Creative Assembly

best series of 2011, better then any movie I have seen in awhile.

I at first didn't like the new part with the "Imp" and his sex buddy- until i thought about how hard it would be to do the real one in movie form. Without being able to see that Tyrion is angry at his father, it looks merely like he is just a whiny baby who hates everyone when he should be grateful. Heh... I still prefer the comedy of the original.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    And don't Call me Shirley!

It just kills me that they can't represent a lot of the inner monologue from the books

It kills me they screwed up with Brynden, Edmure, Roose, copied Jaime/Catelyn dialouge from ACoK, Theons arselickin (although the actor did a nice a job), freakin WHISPERING WOOD!!!! And the ing Green Fork... oh well