Page 12 of 305 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762112 ... LastLast

Thread: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Default Re: Winter is Here! Discuss HBO's "Game Of Thrones"[SPOILER HEAVY!]

http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/86630...-april-summers

'But, ever the hard man, the Lord Of The Rings star decided against going to hospital – and returned to order another drink from the pub.'

What a ing legend.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Taught em southrons some manners, he did.

Hope you werent keen gettin another bastard, Ned.

just finished watching episode 9... bu huuuuuuuuuuu i did expect lord stark to die but not like this..not "defeated"
    (even though he did accept dying-being betrayed with honor..)
    don't know if i'm dissapointed or even more "excited" about how things turned out... guess if he just went on a rant about joefry being an inbred bastard would just be corky and predictable the same...

anyway..never read any of the books..but this series is really growing on me...every time an episode finishes i just can't wait to see waht happens..best show i've seen in a long long time..

being a bit short of battles ( i guess cause of budget issues) doesn't really bother me either...even though i'm a great sword-fanatsy-epic ect fan many battle-fuled films seem like a joke confronted to these 1h just plot twists-brief swordplay-scenes show

really good...just ordered the books ...can't wait till next season to find out how this will evolve

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    just finished watching episode 9... bu huuuuuuuuuuu i did expect lord stark to die but not like this..not "defeated"
    (even though he did accept dying-being betrayed with honor..)
    don't know if i'm dissapointed or even more "excited" about how things turned out... guess if he just went on a rant about joefry being an inbred bastard would just be corky and predictable the same...

anyway..never read any of the books..but this series is really growing on me...every time an episode finishes i just can't wait to see waht happens..best show i've seen in a long long time..

being a bit short of battles ( i guess cause of budget issues) doesn't really bother me either...even though i'm a great sword-fanatsy-epic ect fan many battle-fuled films seem like a joke confronted to these 1h just plot twists-brief swordplay-scenes show

really good...just ordered the books ...can't wait till next season to find out how this will evolve
    You won't regret buying the books.

I knew it was coming but it was still gutting seeing Ned die.

Jorah Mormont is becoming one of my favourite characters though, seems rock hard and the fight scene where he cut that Dothraki down was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    well theoretically i know how to. But it's against the rules to tell. Maybe in riddle form:

There is a bay, a bay where pirates dwell, there you can search, search game of thrones.

O man what a great episode that was, it's pretty funny reading or seeing reactions from people who have never read the books.

Like:

be sure to watch his review
    hahaha

How does the main character die in the first book even before the season finale ? I asked myself the same question

Anyone else disappointed in Tyrion's role in the battle at the Green fork?

Tyrion is great character one of the most interesting in the books, he is not Jaime but he did well in this battle (books). I miss funny talks with Bronn too, they have not enough time to put that all in series

Double A's Avatar person man

Must... become... pirate...

Anyone know where to buy a cutlass and tickets to Somalia? And heck, do they even have bays there?
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

if personally didn't find any bay...as i think it's not accessible to all ...but lots of "streaming" rivers yes ; ) in their reflection you can see all kinds of things as long as you know where to look for

smthhappy's Avatar Decanus

You must release WTW before the begging of the second season so the producers could make epick battles with the mod and show them in the serial

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyPoopCereal View Post
    Episode 9 was simply stunning, the best thing about this series is that you dont know what will be happening next, as opposed to today's shows and movies you can almost always know what will happen next, but not on this I cant wait for the season finale I dont know what Ill do with myself waiting this long
    Well, you know, some people here waits the fifth book scince 2006. It's really uneasy, i have to say. And you, the lucky ones, will get it 12 july. And all of us will wait the sixth till... what? Till Nibiru comes?

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Goldenhand View Post
    Anyone else disappointed in Tyrion's role in the battle at the Green fork?
    I can see why they done it, it cuts the need of showing the battle, and it is more in line with Tyrion's character in the series.

If someone needs help searching for treasures in the bay of the pirates send me a pm.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

the russian sector of the web is full of treasures. for english speakers, of course.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

So is Roose Bolton going to be shown? I guess he's a season 2 character just like Brynden Tully.
    "I doubt you can understand the magnitude of the stupidity in your statement."

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jebe View Post
    So is Roose Bolton going to be shown? I guess he's a season 2 character just like Brynden Tully.
    He is a second season character, i think they want a good actor for his role. Same with the Tullies (Edmar and Brynden).

In the show Robb only sends 2.000 men to face Tywin at the Green Fork, and they all die. In the books he sent all of his infantry under the command of Roose Bolten and altough they were also defeated, Roose managed to retreat with most of the army. However that is the only role Roose has in book 1 and his character could easily be moved to the second season. I'm glad they did it, I rather have a good, well payed actor for Roose than a low paid, less skilled actor who just fits in the budget of season 1.

I always thought that there was a lack of coronations in clash of kings... I mean, with all those kings you would have thought that at least one would get it done. But no. So this brings up an interesting quetion, do you think that in the finale they will make up Robbs coronation? Since they skipped both the battles... But I can easily imagine wild music playing while theres Danys blown away face and something cracks, puff, for a second we will see something like a scaly kitten with wings and then boom, the credits roll.

For instance, I can easily imagine Riverrun, all decorated and stuff, and Robb sitting somewhere with Umber or someone else crowning him. Still, its not likely to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    He is a second season character, i think they want a good actor for his role. Same with the Tullies (Edmar and Brynden).

In the show Robb only sends 2.000 men to face Tywin at the Green Fork, and they all die. In the books he sent all of his infantry under the command of Roose Bolten and altough they were also defeated, Roose managed to retreat with most of the army. However that is the only role Roose has in book 1 and his character could easily be moved to the second season. I'm glad they did it, I rather have a good, well payed actor for Roose than a low paid, less skilled actor who just fits in the budget of season 1.
    Yeah, that does make sense and is more preferable I would say. Robb sending only 2,000 men threw me off a little as was the lack of Gregor Clegane in the battle. We'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    I always thought that there was a lack of coronations in clash of kings... I mean, with all those kings you would have thought that at least one would get it done. But no. So this brings up an interesting quetion, do you think that in the finale they will make up Robbs coronation? Since they skipped both the battles... But I can easily imagine wild music playing while theres Danys blown away face and something cracks, puff, for a second we will see something like a scaly kitten with wings and then boom, the credits roll.

For instance, I can easily imagine Riverrun, all decorated and stuff, and Robb sitting somewhere with Umber or someone else crowning him. Still, its not likely to happen
    In the preview of the season finale, it seems Robb will be crowned or atleast the lords will declare him as their king.
    "I doubt you can understand the magnitude of the stupidity in your statement."

You mean Umber drawing his sword and shouting "King in the North"? that didnt seem much of a coronation, more like the "peace talks" which were in the book and ended with Robb becoming the King. Still... it would be nice to see Robb with the Iron crown on his head in the first season.

I also like some characters better in the series than I did in the books (maybe its because its been a while since I read them). For example, I think Robert has two or three scenes that werent actually in the book. Him and Cersei talking about their marriage. Him and Ned on the Kingsroad. And Viserys is my favourite. Harry Lloyd did a terrific job. Cant say on Ned though. Ive always imagined Sean Bean in his place, more or less. And finally, Jaime. He is MUCH BETTER in the series. In the book Ive never much noticed him. He always came and gone.

Peter Dinklage is absolutely Tyrion Lannister incarnate. Same as T800 is Schwarzenegger or Ian McKellen is Gandalf. There is no dispute. If he wont get an emmy I will buy a missile and destroy half of LA.
    Last edited by khatmar; June 17, 2011 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    Peter Dinklage is absolutely Tyrion Lannister incarnate. Same as T800 is Schwarzenegger or Ian McKellen is Gandalf. There is no dispute. If he wont get an emmy I will buy a missile and destroy half of LA.
    agree on that

Cazac's Avatar Tiro

I must admit, although i like the show a lot despite it being so tightly fitted in only 10 episodes, i was rather disappointed at the lack of some serious battle action. They simply skipped over the battle between bolton and tywin, the battle of starks and lannisters in the whispering wood. I understand it's a series budget but i seriously hoped it would not be done this way.

Either invest a little more and do it the proper way in season two with at least 15 if not 20 eps and hopefully with a bit more fighting with thousands of men.

I recently picked up the Borgias first season and in 3 episodes there was more fighting action than in the entire season of GOT, and they have a significantly lower budget.

I hope i won't be completely disappointed by season 2 when the real action develops. Don't get me wrong, i like the intrigue of it all, but for once i'd like to see a full scale battle take place, as much as TV buget will allow.

Just my two cents