Thread: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Default Re: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Quote Originally Posted by Túrin_Turambar View Post
    well she did work with
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Littlefinger to kill Joffrey

That was never even remotely confirmed, and barely even implied. If it weren't for rumors on forums, I wouldn't have even thought this at all, even after finishing the book.

Well she fumbled rather suspiciously at Sansas hairnet which was given to her by Littlefinger (via Dontos) and happened to lack one of the "stones" which looked rather obviously like the strangler (Joffrey showed the same symptomes as Cressen).

I don't know what more one could wish for, but it doesn't matter anyway because we'll get it spoon-fed next year.

I'd much rather it be spoon fed (much the way Renly and Loras was) than left pretty much completely and utterly useless.

I agree wholeheartedly, otherwise it would be completely ridiculous to assume that any average watcher would get it, all I was trying to say was that there will be no doubt as to what may have happened after that.

Seriously, though... if it weren't for the series, I would never ever have thought Renly and Loras were gay for each other. It's just too opaque in the books

me neither although I would've probably ended up reading about it somewhere (as I did with R+L=J and alot of other stuff)

Louis XVI's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    Seriously, though... if it weren't for the series, I would never ever have thought Renly and Loras were gay for each other. It's just too opaque in the books
    In the first books it was very subtle but in later books it became increasingly obvious, if you have read all 5 books you should have known it.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Most of those small hints in the books are just so easy to miss. I'd never have thought Renly and Loras were gay, unless I'd have watched the show first, just like I'd never have thought the Redd Wedding would happen, unless I'd have read these forums
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Mount Suribachi's Avatar Ordinarius

Well, I missed the Renly/Loras thing, but I did join all the dots on the LF-QoT-PW picture once we learned

That it was LF who rescued Sansa.

Way back when Tyrion is hand, LF is the one who asks to be sent to the Tyrells to negotiate an alliance, and is given complete freedom to do so.

Tyrells arrive in KL to marry Mags and Joff, and one of the first things they do is meet with Sansa to ask if what they've heard of Joffrey is true (what they've heard from LF no doubt).

Tyrells arrange to marry Sansa to Willas, but LF finds out and tells Tywin, who quickly marries her off to Tyrion. Don't trust that LF dude!

LF (via Dontos) gives Sansa the hair net.

QoT adjusts Sansa's hair net - Sansa later discovers one stone is missing

Joff dies of poisoned wine.

That was never even remotely confirmed, and barely even implied. If it weren't for rumors on forums, I wouldn't have even thought this at all, even after finishing the book.
    Sorry, but for me its an absolute slam-dunk

To me, its not
    Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you - Littlefinger

Maybe I'm not thinking it over enough, but...
    how does a stone contain poison that goes into the wine without just dropping the stone into it?

The only thing I can think of now is that it opens up and has poison inside.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

The poison is made from plants that are only found on islands in the Jade Sea. The leaves of the plant are picked and aged, then soaked in a wash of limes, sugar water and rare spices from the Summer Islands. The leaves are then discarded, but the liquid is kept and thickened with ash and allowed to crystallize. It turns a deep purple color.[3]

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    Maybe I'm not thinking it over enough, but...
    how does a stone contain poison that goes into the wine without just dropping the stone into it?

The only thing I can think of now is that it opens up and has poison inside.
    the stone might dissolve in water

Yeah, I assumed it just dissolved in the wine after it was discreetly dropped in there
    Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you - Littlefinger

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

Or maybe it camouflaged once in the wine because it was purple?

bump

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

I wish I could go to Iceland However the weather does not look that horrible as they describe..

Im really looking forward to see more of Mance, he should be like the number 1 carismatic character in the whole series..
    "Fĺr jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihĺg..."

jomas's Avatar Miles

Tormund looks about exactly how I view him, I'm really digging it.

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

If you like the art style lore made by HBO, check this guys playlist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScEI1...599893751E9307
    It has all of them. It's really interesting to watch, even though I know it all, to see it depicted like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jomas View Post
    Tormund looks about exactly how I view him, I'm really digging it.
    Har!

They gave Mance a northern accent though, I was kinda hoping Hinds would keep his Irish one

Yes, Tormund pretty much looks how I pictured him, though with bigger eyes.

I actually pictured him rather like Brendan Gleeson in Braveheart. I also pictured Brynden Tully like Brendan Gleeson, but cleanshaven and thinner.