Page 300 of 305 FirstFirst ... 200250275290291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305 LastLast
Results 5,981 to 6,000 of 6091

Thread: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Quote Originally Posted by IBSXYPNTS View Post
    Can we also ask littlefingers motives for giving his dagger to bran??
    Tryin to kiss some ass? Probably play him out against Jon. Probably Brandon vill be the death of Lf
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Check out the comparison of cinematography of the two non-edited, continuous battle sequences from Season 5's Battle of Hardhome and this most recent one from Season 7, the Field of Fire, the former having Jon and the latter having Bronn.

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/Heart...ticGardensnake

Seems like they matched these scenes very well. I wonder if it has some sort of ice/fire significance? Or if it's just an interesting Easter egg they wanted fans to discover.

Librarian's Avatar Ducenarius
    Please get me out of this hellhole of the UK

I saw that first dragon fire and went, wouldn't that be funny, for HBO to do a heartless, silent death of Jaime in that first attack. The idea of someone like that no last hurrah would be so heart wrenching it'd be funny. It also would make tactical sense, kill the general, wrench the morale. They'd have no commander and just break. Plus the Dragon doesn't care about the line since it can fly over. It's like having super-accurate artillery.
    "Get the guy without a helmet and on a horse."
    The Sept of Baelor scene was pretty heartless, but it was still a big scene. Killing someone important without a song and dance seems somewhat appropriate for A Song of Ice and Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
    Nooo not Rickon! ... I mean Dickon!

Quote Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
    I saw that first dragon fire and went, wouldn't that be funny, for HBO to do a heartless, silent death of Jaime in that first attack. The idea of someone like that no last hurrah would be so heart wrenching it'd be funny. It also would make tactical sense, kill the general, wrench the morale. They'd have no commander and just break. Plus the Dragon doesn't care about the line since it can fly over. It's like having super-accurate artillery.
    The Sept of Baelor scene was pretty heartless, but it was still a big scene. Killing someone important without a song and dance seems somewhat appropriate for A Song of Ice and Fire.
    I've come to miss those heartless scenes by now. During battles or generally dangerous situations I don't fear for the main characters like I learned to do during the first seasons. Why not let Jaime die during the battle or, even better, let the scorpion shoot Daenerys from Drogon's back, now that would be Game of Thrones like I got to love it. At least during Jaime's charge at Daenerys and Drogon someone had to die. Setting up a situation like that and let everyone survive is more like a vanilla Hollywood movie than Game of Thrones.

I like those "heartless" scenes as well, but it's very late in the narrative to be doing those very frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    And Loras during the battle of the Blackwater...
    And Ser Gregor Clegane who for some reason had it knocked down durning his duel against Oberyn Martell, isn't it supposed to be locked in place by a locking system (forgot how those are called but they are like belts) that goes under the Chin?

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turkay98 View Post
    And Ser Gregor Clegane who for some reason had it knocked down durning his duel against Oberyn Martell, isn't it supposed to be locked in place by a locking system (forgot how those are called but they are like belts) that goes under the Chin?
    Iv'e done a fair bit of medieval combat training / competitions. Always kept my helm unstrapped, it's not like a bicycle helmet, you go down rough the thing will snap your neck if it has no space to come off. With plated stuff, you'd want to be able to take it off quickly if the visor got smashed in and you were unable to see through it you'd need to be able to yank the thing off quickly.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by sneahcst View Post
    I've come to miss those heartless scenes by now. During battles or generally dangerous situations I don't fear for the main characters like I learned to do during the first seasons. Why not let Jaime die during the battle or, even better, let the scorpion shoot Daenerys from Drogon's back, now that would be Game of Thrones like I got to love it. At least during Jaime's charge at Daenerys and Drogon someone had to die. Setting up a situation like that and let everyone survive is more like a vanilla Hollywood movie than Game of Thrones.
    Although Arya killed off all the nameless lords of House Frey at the beginning of the season, the only significant characters to die thus far in Season 7 have been Olenna Tyrell and two out of three Sand Snakes, Obara and Nymeria Sand. Ellaria has obviously been poisoned, but she hasn't died yet (or at least her death hasn't been shown as being conclusive/countered by an antidote). We are already four episodes into the season, so this is rather uncharacteristic for Game of Thrones, especially since this is a shorter season with only seven episodes. I'm assuming we're going to see the deaths of major characters being delayed until episodes 6 & 7.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

we are running out of mains fast and theres still a season left, so they have to pace themselves.

still, cerceis gotta go.

Did not Jaime end up as King in one of GRRM's early drafts of asoiaf, I believe in the same draft Jon had more obvious Targ-traits that later was removed for obvious reasons.

Also what was up with Clegane and BwB? Are they going to get The Mountain or are they going North? Arya might kill Beric for selling Gendry. She will probably kill Melisandre to but I would prefer if Davos kill her.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

according to the trailers

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    bwb goes north. makes sense, they gotta fight the night what is dark and full of terror, so the hound will go with. apparently, he also will be at the dragon pit at some point,

but until they fight cercei, it doesnt make sense to have a cleganebowl. so, if sandor is in the north next ep, theres little time to set up a final fight against cercei, as theres only two eps after.

maybe they go north, find out humanity is screwed (duh), and then they go south and somehow finagle a ceasefire. they get some info that finally convinces dany and cercei that they need to postpone their confrontation - and next season, everything goes to .

i also think cercei will survive this season, unless jaime valonquars her for not playing along with the peace deal, or possibly going full hitler, by rather dying with all of KL than surrender to the dragon nukes. he has met them after all, and the dragongun didnt do the trick.

it would be to straightforward for dany to simply win and then go north to just burn the walkers, so theres still some twists in it.
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; August 12, 2017 at 08:54 AM.

^ I rarely post on this thread nowadays because I rant in these podcasts every week...

Edit: If anyone's got a not-terrible mic and ever wants to join one of these, guests are welcome.

And now we have game of thrones suicide squad aka the "" team.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Todays episode sucked..

Everything was bad - the dialogoue, scenes and everything!

Tyrion shouldn't know Jaime is still alive, Cersei should have long hair by now - as they have traveled very far distances taking months in previous seasons - and it just felt bad quality all over. Also, i don't like the fact they will team up against the Undead..

I wanted Daenarys to attack Kings Landing - this is ruining that.

I hope Martin will do a better job. - Loved the episode with the Dragon attack last week though.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 14, 2017 at 02:31 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

It was more of a filler episode, but it was still good, Gendry becomes even more like Robert, and I liked the rowing joke. And we learn rhaegar married lyanna so Jon isnt a bastard.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Basically the only good part was Gendry and the hammer.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 14, 2017 at 03:51 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Yeah, I never cared about him befoe but now he is total badass

Episode's title: Eastwatch. Actual title of the episode after watching it : forced and rushed reunions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    Episode's title: Eastwatch. Actual title of the episode after watching it : forced and rushed reunions.
    I agree. Still was good to see the stories coming together. I forsee a major character purge before the end of the season. Probably Tormund, beric, thoros and maaybe even jorah gunna die.

I liked Davos bribing the goldcloaks just to get Tyrion Walking by them suspiciously..