Thread: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Default Re: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Good news that assuming GRRM has the say on what HBO do next with his work. I'd hope he does. Aegon's Conquest would be my hope too, as I recall we discussed on that podcast at length. PoV's from each of the great families (starting with the Starks for fan-service) all throughout Season 1 ending that season with a close up on the carving of Aegon's table, pan out onto Aegon and his two sisters. A giant f-off dragon flies past the window behind them.

My fear for War of Conquest would be HBO's dumbing down of characters and the world in general. Would they show all the families? A part of me doubts it. That being said it shouldn't be D&D writing...

*while being dragged away* personally I would prefer a series to be a super duper prequel taking place when the White Walkers are first invented by a crazy scientist in modern day America as the series will have ended and it's already revealed to be Earth all along in the future like planet of the apes

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

From this image i'm seriously hoping it's some grand scale battle like Battle of the Bastards and the Dragons participating, rather than just some dramatic music, dragon enters, battle over.

Yeah GRRM said that the spin-offs wouldn't be about Robert's Rebellion nor Dunk and Egg, however he said that there's been a 5th director working on a 5th spin-off (or successor series as GRRM likes to call them ). GRRM also said that he couldn't reveal the name of the 5th director so early but stated that this man aside from himself ( GRRM ), Linda and Ellio loves and knows Westeros more than anyone else...SO THAT'S INTERESTING.

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    From this image i'm seriously hoping it's some grand scale battle like Battle of the Bastards and the Dragons participating, rather than just some dramatic music, dragon enters, battle over.

Oh sweet jesus love it. I cant wait.

Blog Entries

Told myself i wouldn't get hyped, but once again failed.
    Last edited by Parafix; May 24, 2017 at 12:00 PM.

Can't wait for the season. All the players are finally in the same place and the final act is being set.

But the Map at :21 -- is it demonstrative of the South's lack of knowledge of the things in the north or is the mainland of Westeros in the show really attached at two points to the Lands Beyond The Wall?

I understand it may represent the fact that you can't sail up there due to it being all ice (bear island is conveniently not frozen over however), but if it were ice as it is depicted in this map why would the Others waste their time going through the Wall when they can simply march across the ice?
    My name is The First Triumvirate, killer of threads:
    Look on my threads, ye Mighty, and despair!

I don't think that's meant to be ice, it's just not finished yet. The Sunset Sea isn't written out fully etc.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

YES BRING IT ON GET HYPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=1Mlhnt0jMlg

YAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS

SANDOR CLEGANE IN AREA??? DOES THIS MEAN CLEGANEBOWL WILL HAPPEN?!!!?!

Blog Entries

By far their best trailer in my opinion

i'm more of the same mind as Manna https://twitter.com/Manna_Festo/stat...42107178983424

Beric looks cool af, but I'm afraid he'll die up there

Im guess several more prominent characters will die off this season. I was gunna make a list of best guesses but I have no real clue where to start!

I have big time dirty confession... I read that Reddit spoiler thread from last year =X so I know things

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    I have big time dirty confession... I read that Reddit spoiler thread from last year =X so I know things
    Ah yes, I wish I knew things also but alas I shall just have to wait

So, did you like the 1st ep guys? Also * SPOILER ALERT * for those who still haven't seen it, did anyone elese notice that the corpses the brootherhhod found were the ones that the Hound and Arya came across around season 3, the father daughter duo which later Clagane robbed? that's why he was sad they died.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    So, did you like the 1st ep guys? Also * SPOILER ALERT * for those who still haven't seen it, did anyone elese notice that the corpses the brootherhhod found were the ones that the Hound and Arya came across around season 3, the father daughter duo which later Clagane robbed? that's why he was sad they died.
    Hype begins now really, first episodes are always the catch up ones. But for a first episode of a new season was rather good. Hound thing was rather obvious, especially with the "previously" at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    Hype begins now really, first episodes are always the catch up ones. But for a first episode of a new season was rather good. Hound thing was rather obvious, especially with the "previously" at the start.
    Didn't saw the " previously" part cause i had recently rewatched season 6, i really liked the scene with Cercei, Jaime and Euron...especially the comments made by Euron " 1000 ships and two good hands " savvage Euron at his best lol.

It was good episode, that comment by euron "two good hands" was savage AF. Also liked the scene with the lannister soldiers, for once the show depicts the lannies as good guys or at least some of them. Strange how Dragonstone was completly empty, nobody there kinda stupid. And did Arya kill all the freys? What about women and children? Did she killed little frey babies in their cribs offcamera?