View Poll Results: Considering all the changes that have been through the course of this HS would you like to start it over?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i want to start the HS again.

3 33.33%
  • No,i would like to play this HS to the end.

4 44.44%
  • I would like to start another HS AND continue playing this HS to the end.

2 22.22%
Page 91 of 106 FirstFirst ... 416681828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2106

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Early Era: Clash of the Warlords

StOuFf's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Early Era: Clash of the Warlords (Kiev open)

need a new player for england. dat boncho guy is banned ^^

Onix's Avatar Ordinarius

I can switch englsnd back to scotland.

ebs's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post
    I can switch englsnd back to scotland.
    Will be good

Lord Luka's Avatar Senator

No offense to you Onix but you already dropped twice from this HS so i am not adding you anymore.

Also reminder sent to Norseman.
    Last edited by Lord Luka; November 28, 2012 at 04:57 PM.

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Early Era: Clash of the Warlords (England and Kiev open)

Fatimids up!

Primicerius

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Early Era: Clash of the Warlords (England and Kiev open)

[deleted]
    Last edited by Slaists; November 30, 2012 at 03:16 PM.

Alpine Confederation up!

War declared on the romans because they refuse to agree to our proposal and just tried to win time (at least it seemed so) AND they moved their armies closer to our lands threatening us with their superior fleet.

One roman army was defeated and more or less completly destroyed.

It seems attack is still the best way to defend our home. Bring the war to your enemy!

ebs's Avatar Centenarius

HRE up!!!

Lord Luka's Avatar Senator

Byzantium up!

pesto alla genovese's Avatar Senator

Was simply regrouping my armies. Though yeah, I can see why u were so tempted to attack that army. But oh well...

Empire Strikes Back!
    Last edited by pesto alla genovese; December 01, 2012 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pesto alla genovese View Post
    Was simply regrouping my armies. Though yeah, I can see why u were so tempted to attack that army. But oh well...

Empire Strikes Back!

regrouping armies
    and yes i was tempted. did a lot of damage and that army was supposed to be defeated anyhow ^^
    Last edited by StOuFf; December 02, 2012 at 05:06 AM.

Tonno's Avatar Protector Domesticus

"For after the their baptism the Croats made a covenant, confirmed with their own hands and by oaths sure and binding in the name of St. Peter the apostle, that never would they go upon foreign country and make war on it, but rather would live at peace with all who where wiling to do so; and they recived from the same pope of Rome a benediction on this effect, that if any other foreigners should come against the country of these same Croats and bring war upon it, then might God fight for the Croats and protect them, and Peter the disciple of Christ give them victories."
    Constantine Porphyrogenitus >>De Administrando Imperio<<

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Persia up!
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

freakkriek's Avatar Biarchus

Scandinavia is up

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
    I went back and replayed just for you (and Tonno). You didn't know the awesomeness of Kiev's "militia" Why they can capture 15 regions in 5 turns

Here are the screens. I posted your starting army-you have 2 heavy cav(1 GB) I had 3 (all Gb) and 2 lt cav.. I had 3 HAs you had 2 poor "pro" archers. You had spear militia I had "Chude" militia. My slavic javs beet your Afgan javs. I've got 3 good heavy infantry. My army made up in quality over your numbers. And afterwards I had to maintain my FH's dread. These numbers are close to what actually happened.

No, you did not field the better army.
    Wow and here i thought Kiev's roster was a shambles... ok and thx for the screens. Appreciate it
    Last edited by freakkriek; December 04, 2012 at 08:18 AM.
    An Ode to a briljant man
    Reality continues to ruin my life.
    Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.
    Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words.
    I'm learning real skills that I can apply throughout the rest of my life ... Procrastinating and rationalizing.

Fatimids are up! Can someone please notify?

Quote Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
    Fatimids are up! Can someone please notify?
    Norsemen the rules clearly state you have to notify the next player. This also applies for you.
    It takes not even one more minute and please dont argue you have so much to do. We all have much to do.

Confederation up!

one major roman fleet sunk!
    4 roman cities under siege!

the roman horse lover Basileus is "nearly" trapped on Crete
    Last edited by StOuFf; December 04, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

Can anyone explain me why my fleet was sunk? It had an advantage in the odds, and now it is totally destroyed. And, basically, the whole balance of forces after this "battle" is strongly tipped to the Egypt side. Why it did not retreat?

Tonno's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Several resons.

One is for sure... never count on anything in navy battles.
    "For after the their baptism the Croats made a covenant, confirmed with their own hands and by oaths sure and binding in the name of St. Peter the apostle, that never would they go upon foreign country and make war on it, but rather would live at peace with all who where wiling to do so; and they recived from the same pope of Rome a benediction on this effect, that if any other foreigners should come against the country of these same Croats and bring war upon it, then might God fight for the Croats and protect them, and Peter the disciple of Christ give them victories."
    Constantine Porphyrogenitus >>De Administrando Imperio<<

naval battles are not predictable. i had to reload 2 times but i knew this sea battle could be won. the defeat was devastating though. got lucky with that one.
    i would not have had a chance if you had positioned your 2 big fleets next to each other but now i have the naval supremacy i guess.

btw you had no advantage in the odds. it was plain 1:1 army strength. because i had a better admiral.

Yeah, ok, loss is loss, I can sure deal with it. But the "magic" destruction of the whole army is totally different. Moreover, a FLEET! It can suffer heavy losses, naturally. But a brand new fleet utterly destroyed after a single battle with [corrected] 1:1 odds? There is just no way to recover from it.
    I am in this game cause it can sort of simulate the medieval warfare. It's far from perfection, of course, but it is the best out there atm. And it's fun. But such gameplay simply ruins the fun for me. You spend many turns - months of real time - to train an army, and then BAM! just like that it simply vanishes under some ridiculous circumstances.
    Yes, I guess you can spend many many days playing hotseats, learning all these "tricks" of the game and, eventually, become a major player here. But I just don't have time nor, frankly, desire to do so.