Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Hedge Knights Thoughts On Game Mechanics and Multiplayer *warning lots of stats*

Default Re: The Hedge Knights Thoughts On Game Mechanics and Multiplayer *warning lots of stats*

Welcome back dude

Default Re: The Hedge Knights Thoughts On Game Mechanics and Multiplayer *warning lots of stats*

Just a note that some of the evaluations of the bonuses don't really make much sense. For example, several bow units have "advanced marksmanship" and "marksmanship" bonuses. You say level 1 "advanced marksmanship" is good but level 2 is not, even the stagnated bonus is exactly the same, as to acquire "advanced marksmanship" you have to have completed the first two stages of "marksmanship".
    This means this bonus works out at, for example; marksmanship level 1 - +10; marksmanship level 2 - +20; advanced marksmanship level 1 - +25; advanced marksmanship level 2 - +30.
    As you can see, the gains from the first two +10 non clan skill upgrades is a much greater hike than the last two additional +5 bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tr0tskY View Post
    As you can see, the gains from the first two +10 non clan skill upgrades is a much greater hike than the last two additional +5 bonuses.
    No offense but this mistake was already mentioned xy posts before...
    maybe you missed it

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius194 View Post
    No offense but this mistake was already mentioned xy posts before...
    maybe you missed it
    I certainly did, but it hasn't been rectified and still and needs addressing

Holy Mother Of Pearl!

Amazing post....CA must make an advance manual with this information...

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Nice work. Very helpful
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

Hello The Hedge Knight. Thanks for let us know these factors. I would like to ask you about new big patch and this information about mechanics. Will you try to update them or these one which will be changed?

Same question here, can you upload the new changes after the patch?

About
    avatar_skill_no_spear_penalty_1 1 mod_melee_penalty_vs_spears

Is it worth taking means I can charge spear units without problems or my general woudl be killed? What this actually do?

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    About
    avatar_skill_no_spear_penalty_1 1 mod_melee_penalty_vs_spears

Is it worth taking means I can charge spear units without problems or my general woudl be killed? What this actually do?
    You can charge spears without problems (mostly). So difficult to deal with these without matchlocks, or a good katana cav
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

because in the description says "when attacked" not to attack or is a small detail?

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Fallout 3 Modder

It works fine, but you will take (reduced) losses.
    E.g. You can defeat yari ashigaru w/o probs,
    but yari sam or long yaris (esp vets) are a different story.
    Very helpful against yari or nagi cav too!
    Hit and run is the best Way to use it IMO.

I wouldn't recommend doing a frontal charge against a yari ashigaru spearwall.
    Another Shogun2 Commentary

daelin4:
    Post edited. -Craig
    CraigTW:
    I don't like to reopen threads, but I honestly think there are some legit points in the original thread, which I'll reopen.

well if the bonus from anticav is skipped then even charging a frontline of spearmen shoudln't do anything right? how can be tested that in the custom battles I don't think I can select my own army or I can?

Anyway in the descritption I have wich is in Italian localization the translation may be a bit wrong so how does it says in English , in Italian says cavalry bonus is skipped when the avatar is attaked by spears ...

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

well if the bonus from anticav is skipped then even charging a frontline of spearmen shoudln't do anything right? how can be tested that in the custom battles I don't think I can select my own army or I can?

Anyway in the descritption I have wich is in Italian localization the translation may be a bit wrong so how does it says in English , in Italian says cavalry bonus is skipped when the avatar is attaked by spears ...
    custom battles you can pick any units for all sides. There is a Avatar ignores spears that when your avatar engages into spears, the "bonus vs cavalry" is ignored.
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

well if the bonus from anticav is skipped then even charging a frontline of spearmen shoudln't do anything right?
    Of course it does something.
    The vs cav bonus is added to the attack value when fighting horses, so the total attack value is (attack+cavbonus).
    If the vs cav bonus is taken away, the normal attack value is still left to cause damage.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

+1 gg thread

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Do the original stats back in 2011 need updating?
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast