Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternative Clan Colours - update to HERO EDITION released! Noif's submod still available

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - version 16c out, including new banners

Thanks Demokritos, this project is looking quite awesome.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by forcerecon569 View Post
    [...]
    EDIT: i actually liike your all your colors but i still like my Tokugawa clan i might tweak the hojo to steel blue and the only reaon why i dont like the Tokugawa clan u have [not insulting] is because they sorta look like the date if you think about it my Tokugawa has like gold armor white clothes and gold or white or black details i cant figure out which one looks better
    My new standard edition Tokugawa look like my new standard edition Date? Yes, after putting the two side by side (which with all my modding back and forth I have not done before), I can see there are similarities...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ...which may force me to at least lighten up the clothing of the Date a bit or something. I've also started to think a white mon may suit the Date better from an aesthetic point of view as well (apart from historical accuracy). We'll see what I come up with. Few things in the current version of ACC are set in stone.

Thanks for pointing this result of the changes for the 16c out, forcerecon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellicose View Post
    I just downloaded your last update (16c) and it looks really really very good. Best clan color mod available in my opinion, especially when combined to unit variety mod and less gloss.

I am a little late, but as you ask for user's opinions, I will gave you mine,

When it comes to historical tactical games (as far as TW shogun 2 can be labeled like that) :
    Historical accuracy > all. And that is why I love your mod.

However, when two options are equally historically accurate, Aesthetic should prevail and one more thing, my favorite clan is Date, (mostly for tactical reasons). As it is with your mod at the moment, the main drawback as it has already been said, is that from a far distance, my armies look white because of sashimonos. May be blue and gold sashimonos would be a better option ?

So : just my opinion, but the way to go for the Date clan colours is

- Blue clothes.
    - Black armor with blue detail.
    - Blue sashimonos and banners with golden mon.

Just one last question :

DX11 patch seems to be imminent, is there a chance that it can interact badly with your mod ? I remember when a CA patch destroyed my NTW because of the mods I installed and I couln't play for 4 months, it would be too bad to see this happen again

Edit/PS : congratulations for Hojo and Oda, especially the latter. Shimazu, Mori and Takeda are also very good.
    I appreciate your feedback, Bellicose, thank you.

I fully agree with the opinion that when two options are equally historically accurate, the aesthetic choice should rule. However, this sort of choice is a matter of taste, so opinions about that will differ.

As for the most historically accurate flags, here's how the banners, horos and sashimonos of Date Masamune's army should look, minding that the blue banners featuring a golden disc were only carried in Korea...

But the armies of other Date daimyos carried somewhat different flags...

Glad to hear you got your version conflict sorted out according to a post submitted later.

I don't think the DX11 patch will pose any problem for my tweaks. At most, I figure it might force me to base my modding on this latest patch, giving me a little extra work once, that's all.

For ACC 16c, I did not make any changes to the factions you mentioned except the Mori, but thanks anyway.

hi again when i download the 16c my date is still looking all black i didnt change it the onlyy blue is their details
    Sounds like something is wrong with your installation or something. Their clothing should look like shown in the screenshot above.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellicose View Post
    I found the source of the conflict, I had both 12b and 16c installed

Now that I deleted 12b, Date have blue sashimonos, which looks great but still I get Black armor with yelow details except for the ronin yari.
    Don't know where you get the yellow details on the Date armor from. This is not found on any of my released mods 9a, 12b or 16c. I have an optional colour set for the Date in post #3 with yellow details, though. But you can't get this in game without modding one of my released mods - and then forgetting to remove this modded mod when installing an ACC of later date. Are you sure you don't have any other mod of the same sort installed in the data folder? If you do, the latest mod may not load properly.

Regarding the Ronin, I think they're mercenaries, so they may not carry any faction's colours but their own. At least the Ronin Yari for both the Date and the Uesugi looked exactly the same when I checked, only differing in their sashimonos.

Quote Originally Posted by leary View Post
    Thanks Demokritos, this project is looking quite awesome.
    Glad to hear you like it. As you can understand, I'm having quite a lot of fun doing this thing. Just a pity I don't have as much time as I'd like for it. So it's slow in progress.
    Last edited by Demokritos; May 01, 2011 at 05:43 PM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Honestly after looking at the screens I'd have to agree that the white on indigo flags are pretty nice if not preferable. I wouldn't say the Tokugawa and Date look too much alike though. At least not more than any other clans sharing similar colors elements.

hey with the new version i keep on freezing about 1 min into the battle

Quote Originally Posted by leary View Post
    Honestly after looking at the screens I'd have to agree that the white on indigo flags are pretty nice if not preferable. I wouldn't say the Tokugawa and Date look too much alike though. At least not more than any other clans sharing similar colors elements.
    I will probably switch to white mon for the Date with the next update. Depending a bit on whether I change the appearance of their units or not again. I agree that the similarities between them and the Tokugawa in the new 16c are not such as to be a problem, but it would be nice to have them looking a bit more different, if possible without losing some other quality. So I keep working on the Date.

hey with the new version i keep on freezing about 1 min into the battle
    I have difficult believing that my mod is behind this. Let's try to nail down the culprit. First remove my mod and play the game to see if the problem remains. If it does, you need to take a closer at some other mod or your PC setup in general. If it doesn't, then re-install my mod and remove all other mods to see if the problem re-appears. If it doesn't, there you go. If it does, I'd be very surprised.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

I can see you really worked hard on this mate! +rep

When you finish all the minor clans, is there a chance on putting them up in a separate download?

Separate DL for the minor clans when they're all finished later? Yes, that I could do. But it's a long way down the road...

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    Separate DL for the minor clans when they're all finished later? Yes, that I could do. But it's a long way down the road...
    No worries I can be patient.

i could do that for the minors all i need is permission and the colors i could help you with minor clans when i get my new pc or when i get shogun 2 working and since fire and sword is coming out if you want all i need are the values and ill make a minor clan only

Demokritos,

You're super awesome.

Sincerely,

Me

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    No worries I can be patient.
    I don't expect to be able to finish them all before autumn and I'm afraid that if real life takes a certain twist, it'll be later than that.

i could do that for the minors all i need is permission and the colors i could help you with minor clans when i get my new pc or when i get shogun 2 working and since fire and sword is coming out if you want all i need are the values and ill make a minor clan only
    Thanks for your offer, forcerecon.

The reason I'm not releasing a separate DL for minor clans already is that they are all still subject to constant revision and growing in number, so there are many updates ahead and releasing two versions of them would double my work load, slowing the overall development down. As an artist with a certain style, I would think also that combining my minor clans with vanilla or a mod for major clans made by someone else with a different style will look odd in some cases, but that's for you guys to decide. Two mods using the same db table usually also spell functional trouble, but I haven't tested the (remote) possibility that in S2TW two mods using different parts of the same db table could work together.

When my recolouring work is finished, I will release two versions of my mod as suggested here, if there still is a demand for it. By that time, someone may have cracked the modding nut how to make all clans playable in the campaign, enabling us to win the shogunate as oné of the minor clans as well. Wouldn't that be great? I'm looking forward to that moment.

If you can't wait that long for my minor clans to be available separately, however, you have my permission to use their colour values easily found (with PFM) in my main mod and create a public stand alone mod for them (each time I update my main mod), provided that you post this mod with due credits in this thread. Such a mod should ideally be placed in post #2, but if that is not possible, I'll give links to it from there. Be prepared though that if my main mod works and your adaption of it don't, I will refer people with complaints to you. But I will assist you, if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roslolian View Post
    Demokritos,

You're super awesome.

Sincerely,

Me
    Hehe, sounds like it was a good idea to publish this mod. I'm glad you enjoy it.

So what's your current opinion about the golden mon versus white mon for the Date question? I posted a pic with a white mon for them in the OP. Here's another one, with the latest colour (to be changed) test...

Wundwolf's Avatar Tiro

So far I can only second this. Of all recolour attempts I like this one best.

Is it possible to recolour the daimyos? Perhaps you could give Kenshin a white hat to make him look more monk like instead of a burglar.

The reason I like the gold mon is simply for variety's sake, I'll be honest. A white-on-blue would still look good, and you won't see me complaining about it. I just note that the Date have a tendency to fight the Uesugi pretty quick, and the Uesugi currently have a white-on-black sashimono scheme at the moment. This was my main reasoning in originally preferring a gold mon rather than a white one.

However, in terms of the aesthetics by themselves, I think a white-on-blue would still look terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Wundwolf View Post
    So far I can only second this. Of all recolour attempts I like this one best.

Is it possible to recolour the daimyos? Perhaps you could give Kenshin a white hat to make him look more monk like instead of a burglar.
    Thanks for the feedback, mate.

I think it's possible to recolour the daimyos, but you would have to edit the individual texture files for them and this requires other tools (more money) and more knowledge than I currently possess. I may acquire those things later, but right now, I'm afraid such a project is low on the priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by Roslolian View Post
    The reason I like the gold mon is simply for variety's sake, I'll be honest. A white-on-blue would still look good, and you won't see me complaining about it. I just note that the Date have a tendency to fight the Uesugi pretty quick, and the Uesugi currently have a white-on-black sashimono scheme at the moment. This was my main reasoning in originally preferring a gold mon rather than a white one.

However, in terms of the aesthetics by themselves, I think a white-on-blue would still look terrific.
    You're right, a light mon on dark background for the Date would make it very similar to the current flag for the Uesugi. But the latter don't have their "best" banner ATM. They are currently carrying the personal battle mark of Uesugi Kenshin, but should have their clan symbol, which is the same mon as that for the Ogigayatsu, in red on rather dark blue background. And the "best" banner for the Date is of course the mon in black on white background, but as we all know this creates some undesired effects in this game. Worth considering to put up with those though.

Thanks for the feedback, mate.

I think it's possible to recolour the daimyos, but you would have to edit the individual texture files for them and this requires other tools (more money) and more knowledge than I currently possess. I may acquire those things later, but right now, I'm afraid such a project is low on the priority list.

You're right, a light mon on dark background for the Date would make it very similar to the current flag for the Uesugi. But the latter don't have their "best" banner ATM. They are currently carrying the personal battle mark of Uesugi Kenshin, but should have their clan symbol, which is the same mon as that for the Ogigayatsu, in red on rather dark blue background. And the "best" banner for the Date is of course the mon in black on white background, but as we all know this creates some undesired effects in this game. Worth considering to put up with those though.

hey dem i found a really cool combination to date looks almost like yours the blue is a little mot noticable

hey dem i found a really cool combination to date looks almost like yours the blue is a little mot noticable
    Forcerecon, I must thank you for drawing my attention to the similarities between my current Date and Tokugawa, because this set me looking for new ways to portray these guys - and for both I've hit promising tracks in their own right, too! What do you think of the Tokugawa here, keeping the dark brown armor and dark blue details on the armor from Danborg's plate, but introducing light blue clothing, which they apparently were also associated with in history...
    The Tokugawa (under Ieyasu) were the one clan who finally unified Japan after all, and one kind of expects such a clan to look a bit special. They do here. Will try other shades of light blue before deciding. But I like this idea very much.

For the Date, who were known to wear more like medium blue clothing, I'm working on the idea to allow for such clothing if the details on the armor are made darker so that the overall rather dark impression can be maintained this way. Here's another example how that work comes along (with changes to the blue in the details and clothing shown in post #111 earlier)...

Will keep the new customized indigo blue for the details on the armor, but work a little more on the clothing. There are still similarities with this version of the Date and the Tokugawa above, but in lesser degree than before, I think. Some similarities between the armies of the different clans in this period are just truthful to history anyway.

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Date banner is white on your first post picture. I very like this mod
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Quote Originally Posted by Brips View Post
    Date banner is white on your first post picture. I very like this mod
    You want their banners to be black mon on white background? Yes, that's the most historically truthful variant for them. Available with the optional ACC 12b banners mod.

Hello, Impressive!! Well is this mod work with less glossy mod and AUM-SHO ??
    Thnx

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Yes, compatible with AUM and this mod have a less gloss.

Stay with the "historical" colors on your first post picture, who wants personal color??
    Example=> I want takeda blue...

For this really good mod:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=446187&page=2
    How to do to have it integrated in banners mod and variety mod?
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".