Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternative Clan Colours - update to HERO EDITION released! Noif's submod still available

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - over half of the game's faction uniforms plus the ronin and banners recoloured

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    This sounds very interesting, Jace! But you mean the "uniform_to_faction_colours" table, right? There are no entry for the Date Bulletproof Samurai in that file. So how did you change those guys, exactly? Added an entry of your own in that table?
    Thought I'd chime in.

If you look in the "uniforms" table in the db, there's two columns you need to note: the first and fourth.

To apply specific colour values that overwrite faction colours, you copy the "Uniform IDRef" from "uniforms" into a new row you create in "uniform_to_faction_colours", which will also go under the "Uniform IDRef" column. Even though you'd be able to figure out what particular unit you are creating custom RGB values for, you can refer to the fourth column in "uniforms" which has that units' "Unit IDRef", and look for that particular Unit ID in the "units" table.
    Last edited by Akaie; August 25, 2011 at 12:45 AM.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - now with recolourings of more than three quarters of the game's faction uniforms, including the Takeda Fire Cavalry, all ronin and many banners

I wonder if its possible to remove units from "uniform_to_faction_colours"?

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - now with recolourings of more than three quarters of the game's faction uniforms, including the Takeda Fire Cavalry, all ronin and many banners

Hey Demokritos, I have run into an issue when using your mod with Darth 2.8:

When I enable your mod via the launcher I receive a CTD at campaign loading screen as Tokugawa but it ONLY happens if I have the Oda-Tokugawa Alliance disabled via the launcher (If I have the Oda-Tokugawa alliance enabled, your mod does not cause CTD). I enjoy your colors and really want to use them! I think that maybe an issue may have occurred when you updated the mod?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Anton93 View Post
    Thought I'd chime in.

If you look in the "uniforms" table in the db, there's two columns you need to note: the first and fourth.

To apply specific colour values that overwrite faction colours, you copy the "Uniform IDRef" from "uniforms" into a new row you create in "uniform_to_faction_colours", which will also go under the "Uniform IDRef" column. Even though you'd be able to figure out what particular unit you are creating custom RGB values for, you can refer to the fourth column in "uniforms" which has that units' "Unit IDRef", and look for that particular Unit ID in the "units" table.
    Thanks Anton, you're very kind. I have already asked Jace in a PM to confirm my suspicions about that and found myself on the right track. This opens up some nice possibilies. For example: uniquely-coloured Oda Nobunaga or Takeda Shingen, anyone?

I'll post that banner mod wish list as soon as get the time to go through my historical sources. One question that has already turned up: it's not possible to have one type of mark on the noboris and an other on the sashimonos - like those coins for Oda Nobunaga's nobori but the Oda clan symbol on their sashimonos - right?

I don't think I will ask you anything about the big floating flags on the battlefield unless those are the ones that determine the flags on the campaign map as well. Because I never use those flagpoles as they just destroy the sense of realism for me. So I would not normally trouble myself with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    I wonder if its possible to remove units from "uniform_to_faction_colours"?
    What would we gain by this, Radious?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonflower View Post
    Hey Demokritos, I have run into an issue when using your mod with Darth 2.8:

When I enable your mod via the launcher I receive a CTD at campaign loading screen as Tokugawa but it ONLY happens if I have the Oda-Tokugawa Alliance disabled via the launcher (If I have the Oda-Tokugawa alliance enabled, your mod does not cause CTD). I enjoy your colors and really want to use them! I think that maybe an issue may have occurred when you updated the mod?
    Glad to hear that you like the way the game looks with ACC, Moonflower.

The Q you're asking is probably better directed to Darth, as he's the one doing the job integrating the various mods in his package. I gave him permission to use ACC 31d and don't know if he's upgraded it without letting me or anyone else know about it. I have difficult seeing what functional differences there could be between my versions of ACC, though, unless the last one (50f) being based on the patch that came with the Sengoku Jidai Unit Pack DLC could be problematic in some cases.

I wonder if the mod governing the Oda-Tokugawa alliance is of later date than the file DM falls back to when that mod is not in use. What happens if you disable that alliance mod as Oda or if you disable it as Tokugawa/Oda when using different uniforms (vanilla or clan colour mods) - still getting CTDs? Whatever the result, Darth should be able to figure out the discrepancies.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Well i dislike that some units have special colours and not the clan colours, for example ninjas, there is Hattori and Togugawa version and then rest is same for all clans. Warrior Nuns or Takeda Fire Cavalry......no idea why they must look same for all clans. I mean i spend a lot time to create those colours for all clans, having in army units which look completely different is sometimes annoying. But on other hand i dont have problems with Ronins or hero officers :-)

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Yes, having special units that appear completely different from the rest would often come out as odd. So the trick is to find a way to keep them looking special and yet connected to the rest, so that one could make a good guess as to what side they belong even if separate from the rest and without clan symbols. The best way to do this is probably to make the latter keep the clan clothing, but offer varities in armor or details. This should not always be the case, though.

I followed both ideas for my Takeda Fire Cavalry. These special soldiers share much of the red with the armor of the ordinary Takeda soldiers, but their officer shares the colour of the latter's clothing instead.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Good news! I discovered the issue was just me being a dumbass -- I had Clan Retexture mod enabled at the same time, disabled it and everything is fine

Also, Demokritos, I was wondering if you could spare the time to change some colors around on the ikko ikki. Their units are perfectly colored! and don't need changing!! but I was hoping you could maybe change the banners to match the ones you see displayed atop the fort in the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EQWcB1vXXg (1:16 is a good shot of them). The banner is white while the symbol is gold and the ties are likely gold as well, its hard to tell for certain but i think it goes nicely ^.^

What I am asking for to be changed to those colors:

-The banners on the campaign map (settlements, armies, fleets)
    -The banners that are displayed overhead of units on battle map
    - The banners carried by the centerman of each unit on battlemap (I think that one only needs its symbol made gold because the banner itself if I recall correctly is already white)

I was looking up how to do this myself as I usually am pretty decent at modding my own game but I was going through the tutorials and my head started to spin.
    So! If you find yourself having some free time I would greatly appreciate this little personal mod so I can perhaps relive the trailer scene... hehe
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

Good news! I discovered the issue was just me being a dumbass -- I had Clan Retexture mod enabled at the same time, disabled it and everything is fine
    Good to hear, Moonflower. It did sound a bit strange that ACC would be the cause of that thing.

Also, Demokritos, I was wondering if you could spare the time to change some colors around on the ikko ikki. Their units are perfectly colored! and don't need changing!! but I was hoping you could maybe change the banners to match the ones you see displayed atop the fort in the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EQWcB1vXXg (1:16 is a good shot of them). The banner is white while the symbol is gold and the ties are likely gold as well, its hard to tell for certain but i think it goes nicely ^.^

What I am asking for to be changed to those colors:

-The banners on the campaign map (settlements, armies, fleets)
    -The banners that are displayed overhead of units on battle map
    - The banners carried by the centerman of each unit on battlemap (I think that one only needs its symbol made gold because the banner itself if I recall correctly is already white)

I was looking up how to do this myself as I usually am pretty decent at modding my own game but I was going through the tutorials and my head started to spin.
    So! If you find yourself having some free time I would greatly appreciate this little personal mod so I can perhaps relive the trailer scene... hehe
    I'm happy to hear that you appreciate the Ikko-ikki outfit. As with most of my new uniform colours, they took some time to get "right", in their case in terms of a slightly militaristic appearance without being too pale.

As for their banners, I must admit that I'm not quite satisfied with the current one, and planned to work on it a bit more. I've had in my mind that some orange-y thing ought to suit them well, but haven't found the right tone. That scene in the cinemaric trailer for TWS2 you refer to is not the clearest of sources, but the idea of gold on mon and ties with white background instead is easily testable (in my work for the current banners, I tested a gold mon on red background, but this did not strike me as suiting the uniforms). I suspect the whole of their army might look a bit colourless that way, but I'll see what I can do for the next update of ACC - which will be the first called complete.

The banners on the campaign map and the big floating ones on the battlefield are determined in other files than ACC is currently working on, but I'm having some hopes that Anton can help me with that. Once I get that wish list ready. Whatever the case, the new stuff will not be released until I have a complete version of ACC ripe for the public.

So have a little patience, my friend, some change in the area you suggest is under way.
    Last edited by Demokritos; August 27, 2011 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    So have a little patience, my friend, some change in the area you suggest is under way.

So excited!!!

MJWilliams's Avatar Tiro

A big thanks for this superb mod Demokritos! Respect to everyone who has worked on recolouring but yours is easily my favourite I love playing as Takeda and Uesugi so to see the changes on those clans is very cool. Especially the new Uesugi Kenshin, he looks great!

I really appreciate people like you, MJWilliams, who make the trouble of giving some feedback on my work. All the more pleasant when the message is so positive. Thanks, mate!

You might be interested in knowing that for my first complete version of ACC, I'm testing a different shade of red for Takeda armor. The current one is the vanilla colour, and it strikes me as a bit over the top at times. We'll see if I can find a better-looking hue that also suits my purple-ish blue clothing for them.

As for the new Uesugi, I'm quite happy with them, too. Don't know what Miyamoto thinks of them, as he expressed special satisfaction regarding my first version, and I don't know what Wundwolf thinks of the result for Uesugi Kenshin's headcowl, either, as he had a problem with the old one, but I think it's a definite improvement. The Uesugi clan looks a bit more special now.

As things are going now, ACC will have to wait until October for its first completion. The finalized version is probably not due before spring next year.

JustSpectre's Avatar Libertus

Speaking of Uesugi's headcowl I've tried easy solution. Because I like ACC version 30 uesugi clan colour (the one inspired by Ten to Chi to movie) I changed it back in version 50. The problem is, that the hedcowl is black, so I was inspired by a conversation on the theme of editing unique units colours (uniform_to_faction_colours_tables file). I took a model of Kenshin-sama and changed only the first colour to white and heureka: all soldiers have old colours and Kenshin-sama has a nice white headcowl. Odd is, that it shows only in battle and not in faction selection while starting a new game. If someone wants the mod I'll make a thread for it or maybe Demokritos can add it to his mod.

I guess you beat me to it, JustSpectre! That's exactly the consequence of the findings which Jace11 spoke of first in this thread. I haven't got started on my ideas for the daimyos yet, as the last minor factions must be finished first, so it's nice to hear that the method works as promised. Thank you for popping in to confirm it.

And yes, I'll be trying some cream-coloured idea for Kenshin's headcowl eventually - most likely together with uniquely coloured clothing and details.

Tonbogiri's Avatar Laetus

That would be awesome to see some uniquely colored Daimyo and/or Generals. I'd love to see some of Naomasa li's (Even though he is not in this game) Red Devils if it's possible, but the Daimyo's would definitely be a plus either way.

Yes! unique coloured daimyos would be really awesome.

You know Tonbogin, your comment triggered the idea in my mind that it wouldn't be too far off from history to turn the Mounted Gunners of the Sengoku Jidai Unit Pack DLC for the Tokugawa clan into a contingent representing the Ii clan, as they (at least under Ii Naomasa) were retainers of Tokugawa Ieyasu. I'll surely test how it turns out in game.

Otherwise, in the upcoming complete version of ACC, there's a couple of factions that might bear some resemblance to the Red Devils of the Ii clan: the Sagara and the Bessho. Perhaps especially in the latter case. Here's a (deliberately) small taste of them:

Not all brightly red as the Red Devils, as you can see, but still some aura in that direction, I think. Not sure about the black for ties on their flags yet, though.

The uniquely coloured daimyos approach will of course delay the release of the next version of ACC, but maybe it's worth the wait.

I cannot find anything historically about kiso having red colors... a little odd to see.

On the other hand, the red devils sounds very interesting, maybe my next unit mod

Tonbogiri's Avatar Laetus

Sounds great D! I will patiently await your next release and see what you come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dru32 View Post
    I cannot find anything historically about kiso having red colors... a little odd to see.

On the other hand, the red devils sounds very interesting, maybe my next unit mod
    Kiso don't have red colours in my mod. Check the previews of that clan in post #2. But if you mean Sagara or Bessho, I have not been able to find any info about particular colours for them. Very few clans were known to use distinctive colours. Most appear to have used a rich mixture of outfits according to taste and economy, like I've stated before in this thread, including the OP. So when I find myself with a faction without a specific colour pattern in their army, I have to pick one from all the varities known in armor and clothing, as it could have been found in almost any army in this period of Japanese history. This upcoming last batch of minor clans has been recoloured on these premises.

If you sit on any historical info about the appearance of a particular clan, please share it here, as it could very well be something new to me.

Bringing some news about Daimyo recolouring. The good thing is that it is posible to recolour generals though "uniform_to_faction_colours" as shown on pic. 1. Now the bad news, it works for me only in custom battles, not in campaign as shows the second pic. Probably there is used a different model for campaign daimyo. Maybe is in "campaign_character_arts_tables" but who knows.