Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternative Clan Colours - update to HERO EDITION released! Noif's submod still available

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - version 16c out, including new banners

this screenshots are wonderful! Dx11? GC? Hd screen? Time of the day?
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Miyamoto View Post
    ...for Uesugi banners, what do you guys out there think of the following?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I dont like the sashimonos with the circle, and the triple circle(sun) banner...., but the mon looks fine.

For curiosity, is any way to change Kenshin's face?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brips View Post
    this screenshots are wonderful! Dx11? GC? Hd screen? Time of the day?
    Right, we have three options for the Uesugi as far as banners go:
    1. Uesugi Kenshin's personal battle mark "BI" for mon, which is the vanilla mon, but it should be either white on black background or black on white.
    2. The Uesugi clan's proper battlefield standard, the sun mon in red on blue background.
    3. The Uesugi clan's proper kamon, i.e. family crest, the birds mon in either white on blue background or black on white. Kenshin apparently used the latter alternative for both sashimonos and noboris, but as you can see from the pic which Miyamoto supplied, also the former variant for sashimonos. Kenshin's nephew, Uesugi Kagekatsu, seems to have preferred this white kamon on blue for sashimonos, but the family's battlefield standard, the red sun on blue background, as noboris.

I get the feeling that most of us would like to have the second alternative as an option only. And that the "BI" mark comes off wrong as a symbol for the whole Uesugi family, which means that this should also be available as an option only. So I reckon we should go for the third alternative as standard edition of ACC banners for this clan. Either in black on white, white on black or white on blue...

@Miyamoto - regarding Kenshin's face, this must be a retexture thing. Don't know how to do that yet.

@Brips - Which screenshots are you referring to? The ones included in Miyamoto's last post? Those are with HD screen, GeForce 9600 GT, DX9, tweaks in the S2TW preferences file and Nvidia's 3D settings, and different times of day (probably season as well). The upper shot is pretty late in the day with that cold bluish light on everything, and I would have guessed it was in the autumn, but the appearance of the trees make me uncertain.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    @Brips - Which screenshots are you referring to? The ones included in Miyamoto's last post? Those are with HD screen, GeForce 9600 GT, DX9, tweaks in the S2TW preferences file and Nvidia's 3D settings, and different times of day (probably season as well). The upper shot is pretty late in the day with that cold bluish light on everything, and I would have guessed it was in the autumn, but the appearance of the trees make me uncertain.
    The one with water from Miyamoto.
    I have a 9600GT too (you can use Dx10, but blurry game...) Not HD screen (that's make the difference) in my bedroom, but in the living room big father large HD screen, I need to retest it to know if the trees etc are so photo realistic

EDIT:
    "What kind of tweaks in the S2TW preferences file and Nvidia's 3D settings"
    Last edited by Brips; May 11, 2011 at 07:55 AM.

In NVidia's control panel for my graphics card, I have the 3d settings set not globally, but for the program in question (shogun2.exe). Here I have the texture filtering at high quality, and antialias setting to reinforce the game's settings, gamma correction enabled, supersampling on, and the antialias at 16xQ. Check the following thread regarding the preferences file: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=434833.

You know about the following official statement concerning the latest CA patch, right:

" • Anti-aliasing support

Note: Enabling Anisotropic Texture Filtering on DirectX9 is not working in this update. This will be fixed in the next patch."?

So it seems we can expect to get even better quality once they have fixed the anisotropic issue.
    Last edited by Demokritos; May 11, 2011 at 09:46 AM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

In NVidia's control panel for my graphics card, I have the 3d settings set not globally, but for the program in question (shogun2.exe). Here I have the texture filtering at high quality, and antialias setting to reinforce the game's settings, gamma correction enabled, supersampling on, and the antialias at 16x. Check the following thread regarding the preferences file: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=434833.

You know about the following official statement concerning the latest CA patch, right:

" • Anti-aliasing support

Note: Enabling Anisotropic Texture Filtering on DirectX9 is not working in this update. This will be fixed in the next patch."?

So it seems we can expect to get even better quality once they have fixed the anisotropic issue.
    Many many thanks, I will check it at home, I already know this Nvidia panel but I was thinking that it doesn't really change something

Oops, I made an error: I have the antialias set at 16xQ (max), not just "16x", as I first wrote there.

It was your screenshots first in fact? Or Myamoto ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Brips View Post
    It was your screenshots first in fact? Or Myamoto ones?
    Miyamoto quoted a couple of screenshots I submitted earlier in this thread, yes. No-one has submitted any shots of my mod in operation here but me so far. Despite the fact that I have encouraged others to do so.

BTW, guys, don't forget to check the screenies of four new clans in post #2 that will be included in the next update of ACC. More are under development.
    Last edited by Demokritos; May 11, 2011 at 10:25 AM.

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Don't know if Ftmch would be intererested in such a venture, but when I'm finished with the major clans (as in the sense that I don't feel a need to polish them further) I will make an attempt to apply some mons on their armor myself. But not before all the minor clans have been covered at least once by ACC.
    Just wanted to say that right now I'm not that motivated when it comes to doing retextures (but I'll probably retexture the ikko ikki when the DLC comes out), however, if you want to use my files as a basis for new textures etc. you are very welcome to do so. I must say that I really like the way you use colours, we seem to have the same taste, in other words, no bright cartoon colours. Also, your'e a lot better at taking screenshots, heh. Keep up the good work!

+rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ftmch View Post
    Just wanted to say that right now I'm not that motivated when it comes to doing retextures (but I'll probably retexture the ikko ikki when the DLC comes out), however, if you want to use my files as a basis for new textures etc. you are very welcome to do so. I must say that I really like the way you use colours, we seem to have the same taste, in other words, no bright cartoon colours. Also, your'e a lot better at taking screenshots, heh. Keep up the good work!

+rep
    Thanks, Ftmch. I check what's going on in your thread once in a while, so I know retexturing the minor clans would be a lot of work and something you're not inclined to do yet. But I appreciate that you're allowing me to use your work if I get around to make an attempt to do something similar for ACC myself. You'll be duly credited of course if any of it comes to fruition here. This won't happen before I've finished the simple recolouring of the clans, though.

Glad to hear your opinion of what I've managed so far. Yes, CA's choice of colours here is rather odd, isn't it? I can't play a campaign in S2TW before I've fixed those bright cartoon colours across the board! Meaning I probably have to wait until late summer or something before I can really enjoy the game...

As for my screenies, some of them turned pretty well, thank you, but I think we both can do a little better to present our work. It's just that it's rather time-consuming to do so, with the light conditions on the battlefield often turning out too dark and the long loading times of this game. Sometimes I don't have the patience and I reckon it's the same for you...

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Exactly. The texturework itself doesn't take that much time really, but editing all the other files and db's needed to get it ingame aswell as testing etc. is very tedious and takes a lot of time, as you know. I'm definatly going to use your colours when you've done the minor factions though (since they won't affect my retextured units). The minor factions right now are mostly very.. boring. Even though not many of them have extremely ugly colours, most are just.. white. It seems.

I felt the same way until I got my retextures done, honstly didn't play the game at all until I fixed it, now I can finally enjoy it (when I've updated them for the latest patch that is, haha).

Yeah, I don't have the patience for screenshots either, haha. Anyway, keep up the good work mate! I'd be happy to give you some pointers in the future if you decide to get into retexturing.

Yes, I must admit that the white 'BI'-character on black appears to go a bit better with the current standard ACC edition of Uesugi uniforms from an artistic point of view. But the red sun on dark blue is more historically correct, so I haven't decided yet which one to make standard banner edition. Both will be available regardless.

Don't know if Ftmch would be interested in such a venture, but when I'm finished with the major clans (as in the sense that I don't feel a need to polish them further) I will make an attempt to apply some mons on their armor myself. But not before all the minor clans have been covered at least once by ACC.

Thank you for making the trouble to post some feedback on it, Williams, I appreciate it.

BTW (not necessarily addressing you now, Williams), I've noticed that the first version of ACC (9a) still ticks away in the DL count. I wonder why that is. Not all people interested in ACC want the minor clans? They haven't noticed that there are several versions which different content? Before this project is completed, I reckon there will be at least half a dozen more releases of updates, each with its own set of banner changes. That means the number of attached files could become be quite confusing. So maybe I should start removing links to older ACCs? Or move those to post #3?

Darn! The defence of patented solutions has broken down, some of the younger staff in the patent office was seen fleeing the country when they rec(k)oned forcerecon to come in force. Oh well, I must return to serious business...

All mons featured in the game, eighty in total, is located in the variantmodels folder inside the models2.pack. The mons are identified by the names of their folders here. Those names are stated in the faction_banners file when viewing it with a hex code editor (right between the hex codes for the colours of the background and the ties) or as a packed table with PFM (in the second column called "Unknown"). So, to change a mon for a given faction, all you have to do is to use the PFM to edit the mon name in the faction_banners_tables. The sun mon, for example, is called "ashikaga" here, so if you write "ashikaga" in the mon-assigning place for the Uesugi, the latter gets that sun mon for clan symbol on their banners in the game. Very simple.
    YES I MADE THE RUSSIANS RUN TO ME and thx now how do i do the texures on armor FTMCH or wat ur name WHERE ARE U ill look for u till i die

Quote Originally Posted by Ftmch View Post
    Exactly. The texturework itself doesn't take that much time really, but editing all the other files and db's needed to get it ingame aswell as testing etc. is very tedious and takes a lot of time, as you know. I'm definatly going to use your colours when you've done the minor factions though (since they won't affect my retextured units). The minor factions right now are mostly very.. boring. Even though not many of them have extremely ugly colours, most are just.. white. It seems.
    [...]
    Yes, even though there is some variation in their colours, they all appear kind of bleak and...uninteresting. For the most part. But I'm happy to be of service to in some extent remedy that.

I've decided to release a smaller update than planned in order to make an ACC based on the latest patch from CA available as soon as possible, just in case it matters for some people who use a lot of other mods. The bigger update, which includes more clans and new colours for some major factions, will turn up later.

@forcerecon - you're welcome.

nmlsslbrty's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - 20c based on the latest patch available

hi demokritos, can you provide just the thumbnail view for those pictures in the 1st page?
    it's so heavy for my browser to load up all those images, even you provide them with spoiler function

btw i really enjoy your works, keep up the good work
    +rep for you

Something is weird. When using this mod, during rainy battles, the troops look... clean and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by nmlsslbrty View Post
    hi demokritos, can you provide just the thumbnail view for those pictures in the 1st page?
    it's so heavy for my browser to load up all those images, even you provide them with spoiler function

btw i really enjoy your works, keep up the good work
    +rep for you
    Thanks, nmisslbrty, I will try to do that.

You mean a thumbnail view AND bigger images inside spoilers for those with comps that can handle that? Or does those bigger images tax the browser regardless if they're their viewed inside the spoilers or not? Would thumbnails (which you can enlarge to full size one at a time) alone be satisfactory in presenting the effect of ACC? Then it would take a long time seeing all images showing a given clan. The current type of presentation does not strain my browser much. What's the general opinion of this?

Maybe we need to do something about this, because I've only gone through a third of the factions in game and when my work is completed, there will be a heavy load of screenies showcasing the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Earende View Post
    Something is weird. When using this mod, during rainy battles, the troops look... clean and dry.
    Look at the screenies for the Shimazu clan in the OP. It rains there and you see the effect of my mod on them. If the effect is different on your comp and you have more than one mod installed, do some tests. First test the game with no mod in it, just to see how it fares with the latest patch in place. Then add my mod to it. If it works OK, add another mod. If no trouble appears, add a third mod etc, until you discover which combination is bad.
    Last edited by Demokritos; May 14, 2011 at 03:10 PM.

Campidoctor

I've absolutely loved these recolors since I first saw them, couldn't be happier to see the work continuing and expanding as it has. If aesthetics are all about personal preference, I can't help but personally prefer your style.

Thanks, nmisslbrty, I will try to do that.

You mean a thumbnail view AND bigger images inside spoilers for those with comps that can handle that? Or does those bigger images tax the browser regardless if they're their viewed inside the spoilers or not? Would thumbnails (which you can enlarge to full size one at a time) alone be satisfactory in presenting the effect of ACC? Then it would take a long time seeing all images showing a given clan. The current type of presentation does not strain my browser much. What's the general opinion of this?

Maybe we need to do something about this, because I've only gone through a third of the factions in game and when my work is completed, there will be a heavy load of screenies showcasing the mod.
    well for info, some internet browsers load pictures even you 'hide' it in spoilers

my problem is my browser load all pictures together at the same time even im not open the spoiler
    the result is some image not loaded properly (unfinished)

so, i prefer you provide thumbnail view together with the spoiler function

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland View Post
    I've absolutely loved these recolors since I first saw them, couldn't be happier to see the work continuing and expanding as it has. If aesthetics are all about personal preference, I can't help but personally prefer your style.
    Thank you for calling in, Wonderland, reports like that inspire me to keep working.

Quote Originally Posted by nmlsslbrty View Post
    well for info, some internet browsers load pictures even you 'hide' it in spoilers

my problem is my browser load all pictures together at the same time even im not open the spoiler
    the result is some image not loaded properly (unfinished)

so, i prefer you provide thumbnail view together with the spoiler function
    Thumbnails within spoilers?

OK, here's what I'll do. I'll test reducing the load for some browsers in what will become the biggest section of this mod, the minor clans. But I won't have time to redo the upload of all those shots right away. I must attend to other things, so it might take a week or two.

Thumbnails within spoilers?

OK, here's what I'll do. I'll test reducing the load for some browsers in what will become the biggest section of this mod, the minor clans. But I won't have time to redo the upload of all those shots right away. I must attend to other things, so it might take a week or two.
    nah, i mean you put thumbnails above/before the spoiler function, so people can choose whether to view images from the thumbnails or from the spoiler

i think no need to reupload all those pictures, because most of image hosting sites already provide codes for putting thumbnails in forum