Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1150

Thread: Alternative Clan Colours - update to HERO EDITION released! Noif's submod still available

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - HERO EDITION for uniforms and banners is OUT. New submod(s) may follow soon...

Demokritos, I can be only honoured of this. My screens are yours since pics I take are always the best I try to say thanks to a modder. I've read your long opening post since it was full of detailed images explaining your long work. This can have only one name: passion. Anyway thanks again. I've used: ACC+Vastator unit style+Superghostboy mods

I'm going to add some other screens later...just time to work 'em all; they're from an interesting battle in user's map "normandy beach"..a particular complete custom battle where I had the chance to deeply appreciate how beautiful is this game with all the mods working properly. A triumph of colours, shades, bronze-concrete volumes; a theory of aesthetic fury.
    As you said about Venno's "a paint".

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - HERO EDITION for uniforms and banners is OUT. New submod(s) may follow soon...

Well, I swear that I'll make much more screens from now, since I'm trying to stop playing War of the Roses () and I'll play tw more . And, of course, I will study more xD

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Venno need you!
    Please, help me to choose the best of these 3 screenshots for the next potw

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

the second one, without esitation. This pic doesn't reach strenght in epicness and effects marking fast movements and rapid actions. this pic is quite, monolithic time behind every great "After". time stands here in absence of actions, the eye is made to remain focused on the same view for a long long pause, so the view is growing old, old like a memory, old like a rare "slowliness", for this reason I choose the second one

Personally my favourite is 3, but I mixed 2 & 3 here for a test

OLD SIG

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    Demokritos, I can be only honoured of this. My screens are yours since pics I take are always the best I try to say thanks to a modder. I've read your long opening post since it was full of detailed images explaining your long work. This can have only one name: passion. Anyway thanks again. I've used: ACC+Vastator unit style+Superghostboy mods

I'm going to add some other screens later...just time to work 'em all; they're from an interesting battle in user's map "normandy beach"..a particular complete custom battle where I had the chance to deeply appreciate how beautiful is this game with all the mods working properly. A triumph of colours, shades, bronze-concrete volumes; a theory of aesthetic fury.
    As you said about Venno's "a paint".
    You have a place in Gamer's corner now, DramaBelli. Feel free to submit more screenies for all to enjoy here. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    Venno need you!
    Please, help me to choose the best of these 3 screenshots for the next potw

Heheh, the taste is different. I was immediately struck by the quality of the first pic, going "Wow!" the moment I saw it. The others don't have the same realistic feel of beauty somehow. Are these ACC images? Want to use the first shot in the OP. And vote on it in the PotW competition (well, if nothing extraordinaire turns up). Outstanding pic, Venno.
    Last edited by Demokritos; March 18, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

ACC 4ever

OLD SIG

This mod used to have quite decent colours.

My criticisms are as follows.

• Banners using colours that clash with the armies colour
    • Clan colours are no longer distinctive (white, black)
    • Way too much emphasis on Black and White that dominates the colour scheme.
    • Way too much saturation on colours that clearly shouldn't.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Os View Post
    This mod used to have quite decent colours.

My criticisms are as follows.

• Banners using colours that clash with the armies colour
    • Clan colours are no longer distinctive (white, black)
    • Way too much emphasis on Black and White that dominates the colour scheme.
    • Way too much saturation on colours that clearly shouldn't.
    I have not changed the principal colour themes from version 59g other than in a few cases.

"Clan colours are no longer distinctive" etc - are you sure you got ACC working?!? Check posts #1-3 for previews of how the clans should look like. Little, if any, black and white uniforms there, but more of those colours in banners, which has always been the case in ACC, in line with history. All colours for banners are still made to go well with the colours for uniforms. And I hate strong unrealistic colours. So...

Please provide some pictures of what you mean.
    Last edited by Demokritos; March 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    I have not changed the principal colour themes from version 59g other than in a few cases.

"Clan colours are no longer distinctive" etc - are you sure you got ACC working?!? Check posts #1-3 for previews of how the clans should look like. Little, if any, black and white uniforms there, but more of those colours in banners, which has always been the case in ACC, in line with history. All colours for banners are still made to go well with the colours for uniforms. And I hate strong unrealistic colours. So...

Please provide some pictures of what you mean.
    What I mean is that Black is way to prominent in the colour schemes. In alot of cases the shade of black you chose doesnt go well with the lighting. In alot of cases the armour references you posted, the black is desaturated or a dark grey colour, but in game its a heavily saturated black.

Uesugi is black and white. Takeda, a highly saturated red with black, same with Date, a highly saturated blue with black, Oda, Mori, ikko ikki, Otomo. The colours dont compliment each other.

But I am but one complaint. The vast majority of people love your mod.
    Last edited by Mr. Os; March 21, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Os View Post
    [...]

Uesugi is black and white. Takeda, a highly saturated red with black, same with Date, a highly saturated blue with black, Oda, Mori, ikko ikki, Otomo. The colours dont compliment each other.

[...]
    This is what I meant with supplying pics demonstrating your points. I don't recognize much of your description of my mod. As anyone can see in the OP, there's nothing black and white in the uniforms or banners for Uesugi, etc. So show us that you're in fact using the latest version of ACC (without a different mod overriding it) under normal circumstances (without a display/monitor set at "warm" colours etc or different mod, like Superghostboy's "shaders enhanced", changing it) with consequences as you described, that you have grounds for your criticism (in comparison to the "decent" version), that you want to give me a fair chance of responding to your complaint.

But, as we say in my country, taste is like the behind - divided. I think the colours compliment each other very well. Apart perhaps from the red armor for Takeda armor (the intensity of which has been brought down a little compared to older versions) in certain light conditions, few colours seem "highly saturated" to me, not like they are in vanilla game (where all blacks are blacker, all whites are whiter, the red armor for Takeda is even more intense etc), anyway. The very reason behind the creation of this mod was to bring those overly bright colours down and make them more natural or realistic.

I'm pretty happy with the current state of the mod, even though I plan to update the greater part of the uniforms into traditional Japanese hues, like I did in small part for 59h. Other than that, no big change is planned or considered.

If you don't like ACC (and don't want to show why, to be constructive), mister, you should just move on to "greener" pastures. Otherwise your posting here might constitute no better than trolling.

I have an even better suggestion for you. Make a mod of this kind yourself where you think all your points are "remedied". That would make everyone happy. I sure like to see your idea of "complimenting colours" etc.

Mind the trolling bit.
    Last edited by Demokritos; March 22, 2013 at 06:09 AM.

As promised, sir, waltzer of colours
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot88267.bmp.jpg   Screenshot75365.bmp.jpg   Screenshot146122.bmp.jpg   Screenshot160885.bmp.jpg   Screenshot162456.bmp.jpg  

Screenshot176643.bmp.jpg   Screenshot177585.bmp.jpg   Screenshot82426.bmp.jpg   Screenshot60615.bmp.jpg  

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Dear Demokritos and ACC fellows!
    Today, I found out my issue for submod for ACC, because this issue that Otomo and Mogami didnt not worked, so reason was my own Otomo mod, where I used same file than in submod in ACC. Now I got it done and release it soon during this day. Sorry to keep you waiting long time.

Noif de Bodemloze

As promised, sir, waltzer of colours
    Woah, you certainly deserve a place in the Gamer's corner with screenies like that, DB! OP promptly updated accordingly. Real fun to see your use of a few minor clans as well. But I guess my favourite is the frontal close up shot of samurais going "banzai" in the new Takeda outfit. Nicely captured indeed.

Anyone else thinks their armor is overly saturated? Looks pretty realistic to me. Certainly better than vanilla. Thank you, DB.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif de Bodemloze♔ View Post
    Dear Demokritos and ACC fellows!
    Today, I found out my issue for submod for ACC, because this issue that Otomo and Mogami didnt not worked, so reason was my own Otomo mod, where I used same file than in submod in ACC. Now I got it done and release it soon during this day. Sorry to keep you waiting long time.

Noif de Bodemloze
    Great news! I wondered where you went off to. No problem though, I'm just glad that you wanted to make a new one.

It has now been added to the attached files in the OP for download. Rep for your persistent work, my friend.

Enjoy, people!

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - HERO EDITION for uniforms and banners is OUT. Noif's submod finally available! Enjoy.

that was easy and hard to take, cause the first person point of view when in a melee, runs as a fool and is psinning every secondo changing direction. I was simply lucky that these 3 quite boys was charging in a sort of perfect simmetry and I was still impressed by the big step shogun 2 makes in comparison to the other games.
    The springtime is surely a good time for a waltzer of colours
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot28633.bmp.jpg   Screenshot29841.bmp.jpg   Screenshot29879.bmp.jpg  

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - HERO EDITION for uniforms and banners is OUT. Noif's submod finally available! Enjoy.

Nice screens again, DB, but...FYI, the uniform for the Satake shown there is not ACC. Not sure about the warrior nuns either. Check post #3 for the details of standard and optional colours for that faction or unit. Just to make sure you're aware of the alternative.

Have a nice weekend in Rome, my friend.

Here you have four pics I've took from the battle I've described you in pm. Your onna bushi, same own colours despite of the clan they follow. shimazu Katana samurai and tokugawa ashigaru with yari and with naginata (charging)
    Crossed fingers! or Seneca's suicide for me, as a brave late Roman
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot43153.bmp.jpg   Screenshot40082.bmp.jpg   Screenshot40774.bmp.jpg   Screenshot40830.bmp.jpg  

the submod seems to have a bug but im not sure if everyone has got it.. but when i added the mod to the datafile.. i get no sounds at all in the game(menu,battles,music).. and some of the clans crashes when selected on loading screen to campaign.. :S but strangely custom battle works fine!

Didn't try to launch a Shogun 2 campaign but no sounds-custom battle problems with "minor clans unlocked mod" By Demokritos.

Have you tried to fix it with "sinfonia semplice"?

Here you have four pics I've took from the battle I've described you in pm. Your onna bushi, same own colours despite of the clan they follow. shimazu Katana samurai and tokugawa ashigaru with yari and with naginata (charging)
    Crossed fingers! or Seneca's suicide for me, as a brave late Roman
    Now it seems to be working for you again! Had to move those Onna bushi to the Gamer's View section. Really wanted to use more of your screenies, but I've reached the image limit for the OP. You do have a way of bringing us to the very thick of the battle, DB. There's also some other quality you bring to the table, something affecting colour a bit and the sense of motion. Photoshop tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazeyshot View Post
    the submod seems to have a bug but im not sure if everyone has got it.. but when i added the mod to the datafile.. i get no sounds at all in the game(menu,battles,music).. and some of the clans crashes when selected on loading screen to campaign.. :S but strangely custom battle works fine!
    Noif's submod did that? Are you sure? If so, should notify Noif.

Didn't try to launch a Shogun 2 campaign but no sounds-custom battle problems with "minor clans unlocked mod" By Demokritos.

Have you tried to fix it with "sinfonia semplice"?
    You also get a missing sound problem now, but with my faction unlocker for custom battles mod? If so, it certainly worked without causing trouble before. Something new (recently added) in the whole set up must be the root of that issue.